IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Simple Way to Experience Christ  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Simple Way to Experience Christ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Simple Way to Experience Christ
    Posted: 06 October 2007 at 9:34pm

This evening is late when I started this new subject. So I will not contribute to it much tonight.

If the Moderators allow it to stand the subject here is a simple way to touch and contact Jesus Christ and God. I started this discussion because of the comments made about the lack of simplicity some of Christians undergo in trying to help people understand the Trinity or the nature of God.

I say that being able to explain the mystery of God to some full extent was never set by God as a criteria that one had to fulfill before coming to know God.

I don't know how this thread will progress. But I intend to talk about the simplicity of experiencing Christ. I hope that the original posters who prompted me to start this line of discussion will not now complain that it is TOO simple minded.

Remember, here, in this line of discussion, my goal  (at least) is to present simplicity in "a simple way to experience Christ". This of course means a simple way to experiene the Christian God Who is the Triune God - the Father Son and Holy Spirit God of our Bible.

Two key words are important in this line of thought - "simple" and "experience".   I hope someone will benefit from this line of discussion.

Edited by Jocko
I am a Christian Guest at this Moslem Forum - until otherwise informed. Hello!
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 4:04am

This discussion from my persepective emphasizes two words - Simple and Experience.

It will not benefit those who are not interested in Experience. This is not "A Simple Way to Defend the Christian Faith". Some of you are already looking for me to do that.

This is a Simple Way to Experience Jesus Christ. You would be well advized to consider that it is possible to experience this Son of God and be open minded and opened in your heart.

1.) Does this mean that there is only one way to experience Jesus Christ ?  No.

2.) Does this mean that enjoying Jesus Christ only boils down to method.  No.

3.) Does this mean that there could never be any counterfeit or pretense of the use of this "way".  No.

Perhaps if you wanted to apply this "method" insincerely you would have negative results.

I say this for those who are eager to criticize. I already anticipate the kinds of objections some of you may have.

With that said I will go on to a Simple Way to come into touch with Jesus and enjoy His reality.

Edited by Jocko
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 4:40am

A simple way to experience the resurrected and living Lord Jesus is by calling on His name. That is calling on His name with a belief in your heart that He will hear you. I will give you many examples.

The first time I called "Jesus" with the intent to be heard by Jesus God became real to me. If you call "Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus" you can meet God.

If you call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus" you can have the Spirit of Jesus Christ move into your heart. The word "O" or "Oh" kind of functions to open you up in this case.  "O Lord Jesus, Lord I love you" is effective. If you don't feel that you love Jesus that much He certainly loves you. You can call "O Lord Jesus. Thankyou Lord. You LOVE me."

Perhaps you WANT to love Him. You can meet Christ by calling "O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus I want to love you more. O Lord Jesus."

When Saul (alias Paul)  was persecuting the Christian church he identified them by hearing them call on the Lord Jesus. The disciple sent to baptize the repentant Saul protested to God that Saul was persecuting all the ones calling on the name of Jesus:

"But Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard from may concerning this man, how many evil things he has done to YOur saints in Jerusalem. And here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call upon your name" (Acts 9:13,14).

Saul heard the Christians in their houses calling "Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus." He got permission to arrest and bind all those who called on the name of Jesus. That is how he identified the believers.

They were practicing a simple way to enjoy the Lord Jesus Christ as thier Savior and Lord.

Latter the Apostle Paul explicitely taught the Christians:

"That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved" (Rom. 10:9).

Please don't ask me if you believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead FIRST or whether you confess "Lord Jesus" with your mouth first.  Maybe you believe in your heart first that Jesus is raised and alive and you call on His name "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus Christ."

Perhaps you don't know if you believe, but you come to see calling "O Lord Jesus". God knows which comes first. But the Scriptures says:

'That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation.

For the Scripture says, "Everyone who believes on Him shall not be put to shame.  For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him;

For whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." ' (Rom. 10:9-11).

Believe in your heart that God has raised the Lord Jesus from the dead.

Confess with your mouth and call out to Him "Lord" as in "Lord Jesus"

Open wide your heart and open wide your mouth calling "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus come into my heart."

As in the days of Saul or Tarsus so it is today. We can experience the resurrected and living Lord Jesus by calling on His name "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus."

Edited by Jocko
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 4:52am

"For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord is Lord of all and rich to all who call upon Him. Whoever calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Romans 10:12,13).

"Calling on the name of the Lord is the secret not only to our salvation but also to our enjoying of the Lord's riches. Beginning with Enosh, the third generation of mankind, and continuing all the way down to the New Testament believers, God's chosen and redeemed pnes enjoyed Christ's redemption and salvation and all His riches by means of this secret." (Footnote 13(1) of Rom. 10:13 Recovery Version Bible)

Do you know what wonderful things can happen to you if you believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and you call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus?"

You believe in your heart. You confess with your mouth "Lord Jesus". The Lord is very important. That means that you receive this risen Christ as Lord of all. You don't have to be able to fully comprehend the Trinity. You just desire to receive and enjoy the riches of Christ. So you call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus come into me. Lord Jesus I want to enjoy all of your riches. O Lord Jesus."

He is rich to all who call upon Him.

Edited by Jocko
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 5:09am

When the people, both disciples and unbelievers, heard that Saul had become a disciple of Jesus they were amazed. They remembered that he was the one who persecuted those who had been calling "Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus".

"And all who heard him were amazed and said, Is this not the one who ravaged those who call upon this name in Jerusalem" (Acts 9:21)

When the disciple baptized Paul he commanded him to do what he had been persecuting others for, calling on the name of Jesus. And Paul surely did so.

"And now, why do you delay? Rise up and be baptized and wash away your sins, calling on His name." (Acts 22:16)

Probably Paul went down into the water calling "Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus! Now I believe in you Lord Jesus !"

And as he wrote in his letter to the Romans, he found out that Christ was rich to him who calls upon His name. His mercy was rich. His presence was rich. His glory and His peace were rich.

The more he called "Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus" the richer was his experience of Jesus Christ. It can be the same with us today.

If you call on the name of the Lord Jesus for five minutes I think your spirit and your heart will be burning within you with God's holiness and God's majesty.

So we should call "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. Lord You are rich to all who call upon your name. Lord Jesus I want to enjoy how rich you are. O Lord Jesus."

Like David told us - he loved the Lord because the Lord heard his voice. If you call out to the Lord Jesus in truth with a heart to contact Him He will respond. He will hear your voice !

"I love Jehovah because He hears my voice, my supplications, Because He inclines His ear to me. Therefore I will call upon Him all my days" (Psalm 116:1).

Edited by Jocko
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 5:48am

We can call out again "O Lord Jesus" to be in the Holy Spirit. I said we call Lord Jesus to be in the realm of the Holy Spirit.

Here is how I found out:

"Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking in the Spirit of God says, Jesus is accursed; and no one can say, Jesus is Lord! except in the Holy Spirit" (1 Cor. 12:3).

It is really hard to call "O Lord Jesus" and not be in the Holy Spirit of God. No one can say "Lord Jesus" except in the Holy Spirit the apostle said. So if we want to be in the realm of the Spirit of God we should by all means confess with our mouths "Lord ... Lord Jesus. O LORD Jesus."

"  and no one can say, Jesus is Lord! except in the Holy Spirit"

So say I rise up in the morning. And when I open my eyes I begin to call -

"O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus."  The more we  call on the name of Jesus the more we come into the sphere and realm of the Holy Spirit.

Now there is some help further. We should call from a pure heart. We are told to call on the Lord Jesus from a pure heart. A pure heart is an uncomplicated heart. A pure heart is a heart focused on one goal.

A divided heart is complicated because it is focused on more than one goal. We should call with a pure motive to touch Jesus the Lord. We have a single goal in our calling. Our single and pure goal is to experience Jesus Himself.  Our pure motive is to touch God Himself. Yes, that is right. We should call Lord Jesus with a single heart to touch God Himself. 

"But flee youthful lust, and pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart" (2 tim. 2:22).

If we touch the Lord Jesus we will touch righteousness. If we touch Jesus we will receive faith. We will also receive love and peace. He is rich to all who call upon Him. We touch His riches by calling on Him to touch Him.

All these riches come to us by out touching Christ Himself - calling out of a pure heart to just contact Him. Here is an example:

"Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus I just want You. Lord everything is in You Lord Jesus. All I need is You Lord Jesus. I just want You O Lord. O Lord Jesus I open wide my heart to You."

This calling is like drinking. It is like the Psalmist who said he lifted up the cup of salvation and called upon the name of the Lord. We drink in God. We drink in the riches of God. We drink in the Holy Spirit when we call from a pure heart "O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus. Lord I just want You Lord Jesus."

"What shall I return to Jehovah for all His benefits toward me?    I will take up the cup of salvation and call upon the name of Jehovah" (Psalm 116:12,13). 

What is the worthy worship we can offer the Great God? We can take up the cup of salvation, call upon the name of Jesus Christ, and drink God into our being. God is drinkable. God is like a divine beverage.

And we can call upon the name of the Lord Jesus (He is Jehovah God become a man) and drink down salvation daily.

Calling on the Lord is like drinking God. It is like drinking the Holy Spirit. The Apostle Paul told the Corinthian Christians:

"For also in one Spirit we were all baptized into one Body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and were all given to drink one Spirit" (1 Cor. 12:13).

Whatever our social status God desires that we all be plunged into the Holy Spirit and to drink that into which God has immersed us. We can come into the Spirit of God and drink in God by calling "O Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus I love you. O Lord Jesus cleanse me now of all my sins. Lord Jesus !"

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 10:37am
This thread will be moved to interfaith section. Please read the guidelines and relevant section rules to follow. Please also understand that interfaith section is the place where you engage in dialogue. You simply don't go on posting copy and paste material one after the other.
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 12:47pm

Please also understand that interfaith section is the place where you engage in dialogue.

So I post until someone has something to say in response. Then the dialogue can begin.

Edited by Jocko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 21>
  Share Topic