IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Religious
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hadith of the day  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hadith of the day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 82>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 6:19pm

Sahih Bukhari - Book : 21, Hadith:243

Narrated Abu Huraira Allah's Apostle said, "Satan puts three knots at the back of the head of any of you if he is asleep.

On every knot he reads and exhales the following words, 'The night is long, so stay asleep.'

When one wakes up and remembers Allah, one knot is undone;

and when one performs ablution, the second knot is undone,

and when one prays the third knot is undone and one gets up energetic with a good heart in the morning;

otherwise one gets up lazy and with a mischievous heart."  

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 5:20pm

Sahih Bukhari

Mustaurid al-Qurashi reported: I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The Last Hour would come (when) the Romans would form a majority amongst people. 'Amr said to him (Mustaurid Qurashi): See what you are saying? He said: I say what I heard from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Thereupon he said: If you say that, it is a fact for they have four qualities. They have the patience to undergo a trial and immediately restore themselves to sanity after trouble and attack again after flight. They (have the quality) of being good to the destitute and the orphans, to the weak and, fifthly, the good quality in them is that they put resistance against the oppression of kings.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 11:34pm

As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I said, "O Messenger of Allah (PBUH), I have two neighbours, to which of them should I send a present?'' He (PBUH) replied, "To the one whose door is nearer to you". [Al-Bukhari]

Commentary:  When a Muslim does not have the means to present gifts to his neighbours and wants to present a gift only to one of them, he should go by the principle laid down in this Hadith. The principle enunciated here is: "One who is the nearest neighbour, should have precedence over all others.''

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2008 at 6:00pm

Wa'alaikum as'salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

JazakAllah for sharing this hadith sister. I would go for the one who is n't that close to me, so that they get near to us. But this hadith was educative, subhanAllah.

It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"Whoever is mainly concerned about the Hereafter, Allaah will make him feel independent of others and will make him focused and content, and his worldly affairs will fall into place. But whoever is mainly concerned with this world, Allaah will make him feel in constant need of others and will make him distracted and unfocused, and he will get nothing of this world except what is decreed for him."

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2389)

Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 4:18pm
Assalamo Alaykum

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

"Allah makes the way to Jannah easy for him who treads
the path in search of knowledge.''

[Muslim].

Commentary: 

In this Hadith, knowledge means the knowledge of the religion,
that is
to say the correct knowledge of the Qur'an and Hadith.

Edited by Truth_light24
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 4:25pm

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said,

"When a man dies, his deeds come to an end except for three
things: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity); a knowledge which
is beneficial, or a virtuous decendant who prays for him (for the
deceased).'' [Muslim].

Commentary:  "His deeds come to an end'' means that he does
not any longer receive the return and reward on his actions. But
there are three categories of actions on which he receives
reward even after his death. First, Sadaqah Jariyah such as
building a mosque, or a hospital, or digging a well. As long as
people will benefit from these, he will receive a reward for them.
Second, "knowledge which is beneficial'' means to impart
knowledge to others or to propagate knowledge by means of
one's books. As long as this medium of teaching will continue
and his books will be studied and people will benefit from them,
he will receive a reward for it. Third, virtuous descendants.
Training of children on the right lines is essential so that after a
person's death they continue to pray for him. The prayer of
children in favour of parents is highly useful.

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 4:46pm
"Prayer is the essence of worship."
[Hadith]

Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He)
descends each night to the earth's sky
when there remains the final third of the night, and He says:

"Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it?
Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him?
Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?"
[Hadith Qudsi 35]

The Apostle of Allah was asked:
Which of the actions is best? He replied:
Observing prayer early in its period.
[abu Dawud 2: 426]

The first matter that the slave will be brought
to account for on the Day of Judgment
is the prayer.
If it is sound,
then the rest of his deeds will be sound.
And if it is bad,
then the rest of his deeds will be bad."
[at Tabarani]

I f a person had a stream outside his door
and he bathed in it five times a day,
do you think he would have any filth left on him?"
The people said,
"No filth would remain on him whatsoever."
The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said,
"That is like the five daily prayers:
Allah wipes away the sins by them."
[Sahih al Bukhari, Muslim]

O ne of the Saliheen was asked how he kept
his khushu' in prayer (concentration & humbleness etc)

He said, 'I imagine that Allah is before me,
that the Angel of Death is at my back,
that the gardens of Jannah are to my right,
that the fires of Jahannum are on my left
and that I am standing on the Sirat'

Edited by Truth_light24
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 6:19am

As'Salamu Alaikum

Its many days that i did not post here.

Sahih Bukhari

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Paradise and the Fire (Hell) argued, and the Fire (Hell) said, "I have been given the privilege of receiving the arrogant and the tyrants.'

Paradise said, 'What is the matter with me? Why do only the weak and the humble among the people enter me?'

On that, Allah said to Paradise. 'You are My mercy which I bestow on whoever I wish of my servants.'

Then Allah said to the (Hell) Fire, 'You are my (means of) punishment by which I punish whoever I wish of my slaves. And each of you will have its fill.' As for the Fire (Hell), it will not be filled till Allah puts His Foot over it whereupon it will say, 'Qati! Qati!'

At that time it will be filled, and its different parts will come closer to each other; and Allah will not wrong any of His created beings. As regards Paradise, Allah will create a new creation to fill it with." 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 82>
  Share Topic