IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ’antisemitic’ Iran  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

’antisemitic’ Iran

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’antisemitic’ Iran
    Posted: 04 September 2007 at 1:41pm
http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=70803

Although I am not a supporter of Iran's government (see below for reasons), it is also important to not allow ourselves to be fooled into believing the demonizing campaign being blasted at them by the media either. Iran is building a 30 Billion dollar cultural and recreation centre for its Jewish people.

As many may know, Irans president Ahmedinejad several months ago made some extremely hateful comments about Israel; that it should be destroyed and that the Holocaust was a 'myth'. Such statements are false and were soundly condemned by most in the world. But although Ahmedinejad may make some idiotic and I would say racist comments, portrayal of Iran to Nazi Germany that some have sometimes made in the media is no less idiotic and worthy of condemnation. Iran has a large Jewish population, the largest in the Middle East excluding Israel. Unlike in many Arab countries, Iranian Jews are allowed to worship freely and have a say in parliament.

Iran's hostilities with Israel fortunately do not extend to victimization of its Jewish community. Iran and Israel have been archenemies for decades, and both have called at one time or the other for the others' destruction. Some Israeli government and military leaders are threatening Iran with a 'pre-emptive strike' if it does not 'abandon' its nuclear program- in spite of the fact that Israel itself has nuclear weapons and there is no proof that Iran is planning to use the technology for armed purposes. Luckily this seems to be a war of words only. Neither Israel or Iran have clean hands; Israel has murdered hundreds of thousands of Lebanese and Palestinians and Iran has and continues to brutally repress Kurds and Bahais.

The cultural centre is to be finished in 2.5 years and encompass any area of 6,800 square metres. In any Middle Eastern majority Muslim country other than Iran, the building of such a project would be unthinkable. Although Iran is clearly not Nazi Germany, it is important to know that like unfortunately all of the other governments in the Middle East (Arab and Israeli, btw Iran is Persian) it is a human rights abuser.

Cristo Vive!
         - Tomasz

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 2:27am

Cristo Vive!
Y ahora, mi amigo Tomas tambien vive!

I have been trying to add something, subtract something or even just say something, but what can we do with such a simple straight balanced post?

You are almost worse than Servetus, so far he was the only man on this forum who could despatch this peasant into such speechlessness!

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 2:40am
Tomas,

I sincerely hope you stay.  I'm glad to have another evenminded Christian who does not buy into the media smoke screens. 

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 4:13pm

Tomas,

I sincerely hope you stay.  I'm glad to have another evenminded Christian who does not buy into the media smoke screens.

Angela, any true anybody never does. We begin to fall into these smoke screens only when walk in our own darkness.

Tom123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2007 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Tomas,

Angela, any true anybody never does. We begin to fall into these smoke screens only when walk in our own darkness.

Hi Angela and Whisper,

Thank you for the kind words, I appreciate them. Look forward to staying in touch, although I may not post here very often for the next while b/c of school.

BTW Whisper, habla Usted espanol? Yo hablo poquito.

Cristo Vive!
         - Tomasz

Edited by Tom123
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 9:27am

Pax Tecum, Tom,

Welcome to the discussions.  I, for one, think that you ought to reconsider your position and start salivating for Armageddon.  To assist you (and others) toward that end, I have written what I think are some timely and, if responses to the thread are any indication, clearly unpopular agitprayers for war.  Please find them here:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9462& ;PN=5

By the way, our goal, or mission, should we choose to accept it, is to never reduce Whisper to a state of speechlessness!

Best regards,

Serv

Hey you!  Democratize this (the US economy)! 

Sawtul Khilafah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sawtul Khilafah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2007 at 9:58am

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Tomas,

Oh but he is buying into it: http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8924& ;PN=1&TPN=1

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2007 at 11:34pm

Oh but he is buying into it: http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8924& ; ;PN=1&TPN=1

We hope you stay as well for we badly need at least one or two self-obssessed court gesters, for all the fun posts!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic