IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hijab Designs/Styles.. What do you like?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijab Designs/Styles.. What do you like?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malaika78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hijab Designs/Styles.. What do you like?
    Posted: 24 August 2007 at 9:07pm

Salams, wondering what your opinions are on what styles of Hijabs you enjoy wearing, and generally what you wish was out there more! I sell custom or ready made hijabs, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

www.hayahijabs.com

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 2:20pm

Wa alaykum salaam

I wish you were within my own reach as purchasing anything on the 'internet' is out of it for me.But basicaly,I think the general'qualities' of Ijab would have been best,except that;after having the privilege of leaving my Home country for two other foreing ones,I have discovered the Ijab we wear are 'quite' different.The 'wrap-Ijab' isn't common amongst Sunnis in my Home Country,but it's what most Asian women wear. here.So,if I were to choose my preferred style,it'd be different material&shape-wise.Pardon me for this'off-topic'!But I love Ijabs&would have patronised you if you were within reach.Or have you any'Branch',Distributor or something like that in this part of the globe?

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
malaika78 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malaika78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2007 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by lovesakeenah lovesakeenah wrote:

Wa alaykum salaam

I wish you were within my own reach as purchasing anything on the 'internet' is out of it for me.But basicaly,I think the general'qualities' of Ijab would have been best,except that;after having the privilege of leaving my Home country for two other foreing ones,I have discovered the Ijab we wear are 'quite' different.The 'wrap-Ijab' isn't common amongst Sunnis in my Home Country,but it's what most Asian women wear. here.So,if I were to choose my preferred style,it'd be different material&shape-wise.Pardon me for this'off-topic'!But I love Ijabs&would have patronised you if you were within reach.Or have you any'Branch',Distributor or something like that in this part of the globe?

As Salam Alaikaim,

Sorry sister, this is something that I started doing after stiching most of my own hijabs.  Inshallah, I'll see how it goes, before I decide to expand!  I wish you were in this part of the world too, as we could have exchanged many ideas of Hijabs together.

I live in Canada, and it being very very multi-cultural, lots of different styles of Hijab work here. If I may ask, what is your home country. 

Please keep in touch with sister, I really enjoy what you ahve to say!

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 3:02am

As Salamu Alaikum

Welcome to the Forum sister.

Most of us have a very different idea of Hijab. Most of the time culture takes precedence in our decisions.

Most people refer to the headscarf as Hijab but that is a misconception. Hijab is inward and outward modesty.

Personally I wear plain black not fancy bead work or embroidery. Sometimes I have a bit of black embroidery on the sleeves and near the hem. Sounds boring but I just love it that way.

No much help

May Allah bless you in your new business venture.Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

Edited by Alwardah
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
birizbiz View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birizbiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2007 at 12:39pm

Hijab...

and more and more

malaika78 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malaika78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 12:23pm

Asalam Alaikum

I just posted some new hijabs on my site http://www.hayahijabs.com. These hijabs are part of the fall line up. More hijabs/undercaps, and pins will soon follow.

Also as a reminder, we do make custom hijabs to go with any outfits as well.

Check us out!

http://www.hayahijabs.blogspot.com

http://www.hayahijabs.com

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2007 at 7:14pm

Wa alaykum salaam

More like what sis.Alwardah described.Am from Nigeria,but resident in South Africa.The Sunni sisters in my Home Country mainl wear the 'Overall' Ijab.It's closed at the front.But the fashionable ones are also worn by some.The plain materials are more common&has some materials like the ones you use(except Chiffon because it's transparent).I wear mainly the plain ones but here I've included the long one tied round mostly used by'Asian Muslimahs'.The Scarf's also common in my Country(but I dnt wear it),with the use of the'Pins'.Truly,I think there's a huge difference between that of my people&the ones I've seen abroad.The plain Ijab could have pattern for me,I dnt mind.it could be lines or flowers,but plain.Luckily,we've got several materials that I can't even begin to mention here.I do use Satin if i find it comfortable because it's very slippery.I've used Damask as well,but they were all plain)Black,White&Cream colours.But like we said,It's  different from one Country to the other.

Good luck with your business.

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
nur1 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nur1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2007 at 9:03pm

Salamu alaykum sister,

custom madeSmile - i think i will check out your site...

living in the us i used to buy my hijabs from a store here or get some fabric and do the stiching myself. i mostly wear the triangle style, simply stiched together with a needle under my chin letting the ends cover my chest. recently i started looking online, but i couldn't find my favourites : they are cotton and unicolors like white/beige or all dark colors, sewed together in triangles already with matching (same color mostly) lace finish on the two sides that go on your back. Would be great to find those somewhere, they are practical, comfortable and still look nice. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic