IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - One-Legged man Aim 100 Kids by 2015  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

One-Legged man Aim 100 Kids by 2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Mujahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One-Legged man Aim 100 Kids by 2015
    Posted: 20 August 2007 at 11:08pm

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (Reuters) -- A one-legged Emirati father of 78 is lining up his next two wives in a bid to reach his target of 100 children by 2015, Emirates Today reported on Monday.

Daad Mohammed Murad Abdul Rahman, 60, has already had 15 brides although he has to divorce them as he goes along to remain within the legal limit of four wives at a time.

"In 2015 I will be 68 years old and will have 100 children," the local tabloid quoted Abdul Rahman as saying.

"After that I will stop marrying. I have to have at least three more marriages to hit the century."

The United Arab Emirates newspaper splashed its front page with a picture of Abdul Rahman surrounded by his children, the eldest of whom is 36 years old and the youngest of whom is 20 days old. Two of his current three wives are also pregnant.

Abdul Rahman said his large family lived in 15 houses. He supports them with his military pension and the help of the government of Ajman, one of seven emirates that comprise the UAE, which includes the Gulf trade and tourism hub of Dubai.

Islam allows men to marry up to four women at a time, though most marry only one. The UAE is a Muslim country but is home to migrants from around the world.

Any comment?

Abu Mujahid

Islam need true muslims
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2007 at 12:32am
So, he divorces his wives out of a selfish vanity to have 100 children?  This man is ill and is horrible.  How is that treating his wives with respect and honor if he is only using them to breed and then casting them aside for younger brides to have more children?  If I was the father of these women, i would throw him out of my house with even the mention of marrying my daughters.  The poor divorcees.  I mean really what are the marriage prospects for an older woman with children who's been cast aside for a younger bride.  

Men are supposed to take care of their wives.  Love them, protect them, not use them as cattle.           
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2007 at 1:03am

I agree with sister Angela on the above post.....

When does having children become a contest?

This whole thing has nothing to do with Islam and all to do with selfishness as Angela has indicated. This furthermore emphasizes my point on "God save humanity."

Abu Mujahid View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Mujahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 1:19pm

It seems the guy has twisted understanding about Islam. What surprises me is why all these women who accept this kind of marriage never consider his past record. He is sick and selfish moron.

If there was an Islamic state he will be stashed away in jail _ta'ziran- until he learn the real meaning of Islamic marriage. But alas, he live under filthy womanized emirate who careless about women/deen. An emirate proudly feed & shelter him then pay all his other expenses so he continue ruin the lives of innocent women.

May Allah guide him to right path.

Abu Mujahid

Islam need true muslims
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2007 at 6:30pm
Don't just blame the government of the UAE for this man, the women and their male relatives are to blame as well.  These women should be more discerning with their choices as spouses.  If they studied their own faith, they would know they have certain rights.  The fathers, brothers and uncles of these girls should also be shamed for letting them marry a man like this.  There is much more wrong with the situation than just the government.  Like other places and in other faiths, its a basic lack of following the rules and commandments.  God help the victims and punish the offenders.  Thank God that his justice is perfect even if his followers are not.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 11:11am

It is not as bad as has been said above. But I do not to be the odd man out. There are different ideals. I must say that if you blame the man and then blame Islam too. Who knows that the ladies may be quite happy with that man and living well and having their own children.

Do not go for love only. There is enough love making in the non Islamic western countries. That man is following some code. He is legally getting married to ladies not just enjoying himself as is being done in most of the western countries. He is having legally born children and not like westen countries where they have a child and then get married.

Please do not just get after that man who has seen something interesting in his life. Something that he has wished or hoped. The wives do get divorced in western countries too. They are usually fed up with their unfaithful drinking gambling men who neglect the ladies and then their ar divorces. Many young ladies are reverting to Islam on that account.

If the divorced wife has enough money and place to live and she has her own children then she is not a loser. Of cource she is free to get married again to any man of her choice.

I hope what I have written is not all in the wrong direction. I just wanted to inform that there is no sinful act. So please forgive that one legged unusual healthy hopeful man.

Edited by minuteman
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2007 at 11:27am

Minuteman,

This mans goal is to have children by a specific date. Nevermind him taking care of his family and never mind him being 68 years old, which, by the time his children reach puberty he'd be long and gone. Although in some cases I agree with you I find your post to be the most ridiculous, surprisingly. This has nothing to do with Islam or some legal code. This has something to do with selfish motivation. The mode of your post seems like:

"So what if the guy has wives hey! if you blame him blame Islam!"

That is ridiculous to say. Men like him especially in the face of those ignorant of Islam will continue to propagate negative connotations to our religion. We want psotive examples of men who show an exemplary characteristic which is presentable to the world and shows how "real" Muslims are. This is not about love or even marriage its about setting the Guiness book of world records. I find this in similitude to the physician in India who allowed his young, unlicensed son to perform C-sections on patients all because he wanted his son to be in the guiness book of world records. You see, st**idity knows no bounds and no ethnic categories.

Funny how all the sex talk is brought back to the West as if we are the only ones doing it. Sex happens everywhere minuteman, although you may not believe it haram thing happen in heavily populated Muslim countries hence the rebuttal of this ignorant statement:

Do not go for love only. There is enough love making in the non Islamic western countries

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic