IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Polygany  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Polygany

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polygany
    Posted: 14 August 2007 at 7:33am
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 1:22pm

Assalamu Alaikum

What a sad story.  Inshallah it was not posted as a means to get others to bash Islam for laws regarding polygamy.  If one reads the article closely, it appears that this family and the events that happened within it were greatly influenced by the large amount of money the family received due to the death of their daughter.

It is inevitable that some people will blame Islam for what happened instead of looking into what motivated those involved to do what they did.  The bottom line is that greed (whether it be for money, possessions, power or even for bearing offspring) is not a virtue regardless of whether we are discussing Judaism, Christianity or Islam. 

Only Allah...God...knows all things and only He knows what was truly in the hearts and minds of those who were involved in this incident.  May Allah have mercy on us all for the wrong that we do in this life.  Ameen!

Allah Hafiz,

Sister Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 1:37pm

"During the second visit, the wives "frequently screamed and argued" and their husband told Myra Morton "if you don't like polygamy, get a divorce," Toural said, according to the affidavit."

Jealousy.

Abu Mujahid View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Mujahid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

"During the second visit, the wives "frequently screamed and argued" and their husband told Myra Morton "if you don't like polygamy, get a divorce," Toural said, according to the affidavit."

Jealousy.

Why on earth he took her to Morocco? Moroever, why he put them together in one room?. The quarell is natural like this setting specially if their deen is not that high.  Anyway, I'm shock to what this women did. Jealousy should be within Islamic boundary not this cold blood mentality. May Allah give her what she deserve in this world and hereafter. She killed a muslim brother/husband who was married her for long time. Why, because she can't concieve nor she want to see another sister have his baby.

In addition, she didn't allow the muslim husband to bring his second wife to States. Not only that, she secrectly contacted US State Department to accuse her co-wife as terrorist. What an idiot headless women.

Marrying second wife is very tough preposition in this country. That is why alternative is going to Muslim world. Convert sisters generally don't prevent their husbands to marry another wive/s if they can be justice/afford. But these days there is a campaign against this islamic ruling by so called progressive muslims.  They will never succeed to erase well rooted ruling in Islam.

May Allah have mercy on deceased brother.

Abu Mujahid 

Edited by Abu Mujahid
Islam need true muslims
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2007 at 6:25pm

Originally posted by Abu Mujahid Abu Mujahid wrote:

Why on earth he took her to Morocco? Moroever, why he put them together in one room

Ditto!

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 2:22am

While I don't condone what happened I would like to put out three things.  First, both husband and first wife were converts.  So he was a convert too, please do not blame the sister being a convert for her actions.  This could have happened anywhere.  Secondly, in Pennsylvania and throughout the whole US Polygyny is illegal.  End of story.  The Quran clearly states you are to only take other wives if you can deal with all wives equally.  Placing one wive in a legal limbo with dangers of prosecution to all three parties is not treating your wives equally.  The moroccan sister would always have been at the mercy of the first wife. 

I don't believe that the first wife was totally on board with the second wife thing to begin with, but none of us where there to know. 

Being a barren woman myself, none of you men can understand the emotional anguish a woman goes thru when she cannot give her husband children.  You just cannot understand.  Its almost as if it robs you of your very womanhood.  I don't condone what the woman did, but there are dark places you face when you realize you're not a whole person.  Even if it was not his intention, I'm sure that his first wife felt cast aside and unloved because she wasn't enough for him.  Its a fear all infertile women have and hers was realized in a very poor fashion.  I've told my husband if the Mormon Church were to ever restore Polygyny, I would be fine with it.  But, that's after many years and without losing my only child prior to the events.  This woman lost her daughter, lost her fertility/gender identity, and then watched her husband marry a younger sister to replace what she could not give her.  Perhaps a little pity would be in order.  Killing is wrong, but we also must take into account her mental stability.  It really sound from all other reports I've read that this woman snapped.  I don't believe she was as supportive of this as some would like us to believe.  I think she was desperate and probably very mentally ill by the end.  Depression, anxiety and a host of other problems were simply labelled as jealously and that is that.

Perhaps you should all pray for some understanding.  Polygyny is hardest on the women.  Men fail to understand that and it is why the Quran allows it but cautions highly in regards to it.  This woman will be punished in the PA courts and by God.  He will know her mind, heart and intentions and his justice will be perfect.  But it is not ours to judge. 

I for one understand how this could happen.  A naive second wife, a pushy husband desparate for children and an even more desparate wife trying to hold onto her husband after losing everything else.  This could just have easily happened in So. Utah with the breakaway sects or another polygynous group.  Its a tragedy, but jealousy, dear sirs, is only the surface of a much deeper problem.

lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 3:46am

Peace be unto you,honestly,it was as if Angela took the worsd right out of my mouth.Besides the fact that we have the right to encourage people to do good,we have no right to 'judge'them.I always say'that title belongs only to Allah-Al-Hakam!Reason being that certain things happen in the world today that are completely beyond human comprehension,however hard we try to understand why'things are the way they are'.My main point is focused  on the fact that,there were unresolved issues on ground before this tragedy occured.What didn't make the news is the fact that,we do not have the firsthand knowledge of this woman's mental state.Health is one thing that is 'general' to us all,be it Muslim,Sikh,Christian or Buddhist.Apparently,this woman had been in a devastated state,lacking the will to face the fact that her husband is marrying another wife.Allah permits it,no doubt.But it still does not erase the fact that we are human & handle the issue of'faith' ,Understanding &total submission to Allah differently.No one knows the other's level of faith,only Allah sees what's on our minds.We could act like we'r fine with the Teachings of Islam because it is what is expected of us(some),not because we have the Understanding required not to question God & His judgements.May Allah forgive the man his sins.The fact that these women were on each other's throats proves that the bad blood had been there.Perhaps,the First wife wasn't discussing her problems with anyone,perhaps there wasn't anyone to convince her or try to tell her that it is alright she feels bad because she is human,but she should handle it with  a strong faith & not hate her husband for it,perhaps,her husband wasn't fair in relating to both wives,perhaps,he was becoming more attached to the younger wife& didn't pay much attention to the older wife,(hence,feeling neglected) perhaps,she felt betrayed & rejected&saw no way out,perhaps,she just completely got drawn in her emotions &exploded.Perhaps.we didn't hear the whole story & should leave it for Allah to judge.

May Allah forgive us all!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2007 at 4:16am

What a complete tragedy. We really know nothing  about the family dynamics.

May Allah have mercy on us all.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic