IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HAPPY Christmas?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAPPY Christmas?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 5:00am
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

We do definitely have our own beliefs. I pray that one day you will come to the Truth.The difference between us is that I answer each one of the points you make, and you try to hide from mine.I have no intention of getting lost. Actually, I once was lost but have been found. I pray the same for you.

Yes, I'd like to apologise to you TG because I should have phrased that paragraph a little better. What i meant was that no Muslim on this forum will benefit from your Bible thumping because we have been given something far better.

Actually, it is I and I'm sure my fellow Muslims here who wish that you come to the light instead of tirelessly promoting the heathen religion of the Roman Empire.

Your heart is in the right place although misguided but if you sincerely and honestly ask God to guide you rather than you trying to be an adversary to Him then I think there is still a chance for you.

As far as I am aware nobody has ever won against God.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

We do definitely have our own beliefs. I pray that one day you will come to the Truth.The difference between us is that I answer each one of the points you make, and you try to hide from mine.I have no intention of getting lost. Actually, I once was lost but have been found. I pray the same for you.

Yes, I'd like to apologise to you TG because I should have phrased that paragraph a little better. What i meant was that no Muslim on this forum will benefit from your Bible thumping because we have been given something far better.

Actually, it is I and I'm sure my fellow Muslims here who wish that you come to the light instead of tirelessly promoting the heathen religion of the Roman Empire.

Your heart is in the right place although misguided but if you sincerely and honestly ask God to guide you rather than you trying to be an adversary to Him then I think there is still a chance for you.

As far as I am aware nobody has ever won against God.

Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren. Thank you for rephrasing what you said, although I obviously disagree with you that Islam is "far better" than Christianity, and that Christianity is a "heathen religion of the Roman Empire". I will continue to post on this forum as long as I am allowed to.

When I first came, I stated I am here to discuss my faith and Islam, and to share my faith and allow Muslims to share yours with me.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24478

Salaam Alaikum.

My name is TG12345 (or TG123 on some other forums) and I am a Christian. I am interested in discussion Islam and Christianity, and sharing my faith with my Muslim friends and having you share your beliefs with me.

Although I am not Muslim, I do have respect for several of Islam's teachings and I have a high respect for many Muslims I know.

It is an honour and privilege to be here, thank you for allowing me on this forum.

Allahma3k. 

Whether or not this is harmful to Muslims on this forum is for the moderators to decide. I am not thumping my Bible any more than you or others thump their Qurans.

I am curious what makes you say to me "your heart is in the right place". Do you say this to every non-Muslim on this forum? I am just curious, that's all.

Everytime I pray to God, I ask Him to show me more about Him and gudei me, and let me know if I am on the right path; and if I am not, that He show me where I am supposed to go. From everything I have seen, the right path is following Jesus and accepting what the Bible says about Him.

I am definitely not an adversary of God. I seek to follow Him and do what is right by Him. Sometimes I fall to sin, and when I do so I turn to Him for mercy and forgiveness. I am completely reliant on His mercy and love.

Edited by TG12345 - 16 February 2014 at 6:39pm
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Assalamalecum how cud Jesus christ (pbuh) will send prophet.it was Allah who sent all apostles.

Alaikum salaam, NABA. By saying this, you have just demonstrated that the Helper or Spirit of Truth discussed in John 16 is not Muhammad.

Jesus said He will send the Helper.

John 16:7,8

Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.

We both know that Jesus did not send Muhammad.

Therefore, Muhammad is not prophesied in John 16.

Edited by TG12345 - 16 February 2014 at 6:38pm
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2014 at 11:30pm
Walecum As Salaam,I say that bcoz Jesus Christ(pbuh) was the prophet,it was Allah who send prophet Muhammad(pbuh),Prophet ibrahim(pbuh) asked Allah for a prophet guide the mankind on right path in Qur'an in ch 2 v 129,I had also stated earlier,that in Qur'an in ch 21 v 107,Allah had sent prophet Muhammad(pbuh) as a mercy to mankind.according to my last post I wanted to tell U that Its Allah who is the doer of everything.he is the almighty,the one,the eternal,there is nothing like him,nobody can match him,and he doesn't need to change his form for others,he is free of all need,but who I m talking to??a guy who believes in trinity!!!!
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 5:18am

Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren. Thank you for rephrasing what you said, although I obviously disagree with you that Islam is "far better" than Christianity, and that Christianity is a "heathen religion of the Roman Empire". I will continue to post on this forum as long as I am allowed to.When I first came, I stated I am here to discuss my faith and Islam, and to share my faith and allow Muslims to share yours with me.

Islam is far better because it is based on the latest revelation from God and it is without any errors and Muslims pray and worship God the way He wants us to pray and worship Him. Islam leads to the Straight Path as laid down by God, Islam is the religion of the true believers of God from the beginning of time.

Many 'born again' Christians think that they are better than the Christians in Rome but when you look at the history before Luther and later the reformation there was only the religion of Rome, whether you want to deny that or not. The Christian belief system stems from the Council of Nicea, there it was the Romans who were in charge and they wanted a man god and they got it. Really the alarm bells should be ringing in every Christian's head when they hear Christianity and Rome are mentioned together.The true Christians were persecuted into extinction.

Of course you can post here nobody is stopping you but what I'm saying is that no true Muslim will take you seriously because to us you are just talking a lot of gobbledegook. :)

I am curious what makes you say to me "your heart is in the right place". Do you say this to every non-Muslim on this forum? I am just curious, that's all.

Your heart is in the right place because you are searching for God and that is a good thing. The trouble is though that you are looking at the wrong place. God was nor is Jesus (Alayhi Salaam). He was just a man like you and me but created without a father miraculously by God Almighty. Worshipping Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) is forbidden by God.

Everytime I pray to God, I ask Him to show me more about Him and gudei me, and let me know if I am on the right path; and if I am not, that He show me where I am supposed to go. From everything I have seen, the right path is following Jesus and accepting what the Bible says about Him.I am definitely not an adversary of God. I seek to follow Him and do what is right by Him. Sometimes I fall to sin, and when I do so I turn to Him for mercy and forgiveness. I am completely reliant on His mercy and love.

When you first joined this forum I asked you to ask God to help you in guiding you to a better understanding, but straight you away you started attacking Islam. If anybody is not sincere in his quest then God would never ever guide him. Funnily enough all the answers that you are seeking are within the pages of the Qur'an but you have this pre-ordained prejudice that the Qur'an was made up by a man in 7th century Arabia. You need to get rid of these notions and start again from the beginning. Read the Qur'an with an open heart and a sincere belief that you want to know the truth.

The Qur'an is not a book but it contains the Words of Almighty God which was sent down to mankind as final mercy to mankind.

Next stop - The Day of Resurrection.
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 9:40am

Islam is far better because it is based on the latest revelation from God and it is without any errors and Muslims pray and worship God the way He wants us to pray and worship Him. Islam leads to the Straight Path as laid down by God, Islam is the religion of the true believers of God from the beginning of time.

Unfortunately, despite what you just wrote, Islam does contain errors. The most serious one of them is the denial of Jesus' divinity and crucifixion- but even if we choose to ignore all that, there are other mistakes in the Quran and hadiths that show clearly that God is not the author of the Quran and that Muhammad is not the prophet of God.

Many 'born again' Christians think that they are better than the Christians in Rome but when you look at the history before Luther and later the reformation there was only the religion of Rome, whether you want to deny that or not. The Christian belief system stems from the Council of Nicea, there it was the Romans who were in charge and they wanted a man god and they got it. Really the alarm bells should be ringing in every Christian's head when they hear Christianity and Rome are mentioned together.The true Christians were persecuted into extinction.

The Christian belief system does not stem from the Council of Nicaea. The Gospels and other letters in the New Testament and Old Testament were written and used by Christians long before the Council of Nicaea. Jesus' divinity was accepted by Christians long before the Council of Nicaea, as was the Trinity.

You say that "the true Christians" were "persecuted into extinction". That is quite the claim. What evidence can you provide of this?

Constantine was a murderer and not a true Christian, I definitely believe this. He did persecute people, which was wrong.

However, your claim is that "the true Christians" were somehow all wiped out. Who were "the true Christians"? How do you know what they believed? Please provide even one of their names. Go ahead.

Of course you can post here nobody is stopping you but what I'm saying is that no true Muslim will take you seriously because to us you are just talking a lot of gobbledegook. :)

Yet you are unable to refute the errors I point out in the Quran and Muhammad's teachings.

Your heart is in the right place because you are searching for God and that is a good thing.

Thanks for clarifying. I believe you are sincere in your beliefs also, and want to serve Him, yet you do not know who He is.

The trouble is though that you are looking at the wrong place. God was nor is Jesus (Alayhi Salaam). He was just a man like you and me but created without a father miraculously by God Almighty. Worshipping Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) is forbidden by God.

Actually, Jesus was worshiped many times, and said things about Himself that no one would say unless they were claiming to be God.

Everytime I pray to God, I ask Him to show me more about Him and gudei me, and let me know if I am on the right path; and if I am not, that He show me where I am supposed to go. From everything I have seen, the right path is following Jesus and accepting what the Bible says about Him.I am definitely not an adversary of God. I seek to follow Him and do what is right by Him. Sometimes I fall to sin, and when I do so I turn to Him for mercy and forgiveness. I am completely reliant on His mercy and love.

When you first joined this forum I asked you to ask God to help you in guiding you to a better understanding, but straight you away you started attacking Islam. If anybody is not sincere in his quest then God would never ever guide him. Funnily enough all the answers that you are seeking are within the pages of the Qur'an but you have this pre-ordained prejudice that the Qur'an was made up by a man in 7th century Arabia. You need to get rid of these notions and start again from the beginning. Read the Qur'an with an open heart and a sincere belief that you want to know the truth.

The Qur'an is not a book but it contains the Words of Almighty God which was sent down to mankind as final mercy to mankind.

I read the Quran, and I asked God to show me whether it was true or false. I am glad I asked Him, because He certainly answered my prayer. There is now no doubt in my mind that the Quran is not from Him.

Agreed, although that is not what your faith teaches. Your faith teaches that between our life and the Day of Resurrection, there is life in the grave. Smile
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 9:50am
Originally posted by NABA NABA wrote:

Walecum As Salaam,I say that bcoz Jesus Christ(pbuh) was the prophet,it was Allah who send prophet Muhammad(pbuh),Prophet ibrahim(pbuh) asked Allah for a prophet guide the mankind on right path in Qur'an in ch 2 v 129,I had also stated earlier,that in Qur'an in ch 21 v 107,Allah had sent prophet Muhammad(pbuh) as a mercy to mankind.according to my last post I wanted to tell U that Its Allah who is the doer of everything.he is the almighty,the one,the eternal,there is nothing like him,nobody can match him,and he doesn't need to change his form for others,he is free of all need,but who I m talking to??a guy who believes in trinity!!!!

Wa alaikum salaam. I am responding to your post about Quran and Sunnah being prophesied in John 16:12.

NABA wrote:

Assalamalecum,browne's statement that if sum1 follows Islam's rules more than Allah is illogical,bcoz what is islam??islam means acquiring peace by submitting will to Allah,eg during month of Ramadan if a Muslim fasts and others are consuming food in front if him,then its a test for him whether he obey Allah,Allah says in ch 2 v 183 of Qur'an fast so that U become patient,or join them in eating.it is illogical to even think about islam with polyetheism bcoz Allah defines concept of God in ch 112 v 1-4 of Quran-Say Allahis one,he is eternal,he is neither born nor give birth there is nothing like him.at tg12345 U say celebrating Christmas is a way of showing love to jesus(pbuh),if U really love Jesus(pbuh) then follow Qur'an n Sunnah bcoz that's what he says in gospel of John ch 16 v 12.

Tell me also, what does this verse mean:

7:157

"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper."

Where in the Torah or "the Gospel" are people supposed to look to find Muhammad?

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2014 at 10:21am

Unfortunately, despite what you just wrote, Islam does contain errors. The most serious one of them is the denial of Jesus' divinity and crucifixion- but even if we choose to ignore all that, there are other mistakes in the Quran and hadiths that show clearly that God is not the author of the Quran and that Muhammad is not the prophet of God.

The Christian belief system does not stem from the Council of Nicaea. The Gospels and other letters in the New Testament and Old Testament were written and used by Christians long before the Council of Nicaea. Jesus' divinity was accepted by Christians long before the Council of Nicaea, as was the Trinity.You say that "the true Christians" were "persecuted into extinction". That is quite the claim. What evidence can you provide of this? Constantine was a murderer and not a true Christian, I definitely believe this. He did persecute people, which was wrong.However, your claim is that "the true Christians" were somehow all wiped out. Who were "the true Christians"? How do you know what they believed? Please provide even one of their names. Go ahead.

Yet you are unable to refute the errors I point out in the Quran and Muhammad's teachings.

�� I am curious what makes you say to me "your heart is in the right place". Do you say this to every non-Muslim on this forum? I am just curious, that's all.

Your heart is in the right place because you are searching for God and that is a good thing.
Thanks for clarifying. I believe you are sincere in your beliefs also, and want to serve Him, yet you do not know who He is.

�The trouble is though that you are looking at the wrong place. God was nor is Jesus (Alayhi Salaam). He was just a man like you and me but created without a father miraculously by God Almighty. Worshipping Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) is forbidden by God.

Actually, Jesus was worshiped many times, and said things about Himself that no one would say unless they were claiming to be God.

I read the Quran, and I asked God to show me whether it was true or false. I am glad I asked Him, because He certainly answered my prayer. There is now no doubt in my mind that the Quran is not from Him.

Agreed, although that is not what your faith teaches. Your faith teaches that between our life and the Day of Resurrection, there is life in the grave. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Smile" />

LOL. OK Let's just stop here because we will just go round in circles. A lot of people here have answered all of your questions but sadly I say it once again because you don't have guidance you just don't understand the answers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic