IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - THE BIBLE SAYS TO WORSHIP JESUS IS IDOLAT  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE BIBLE SAYS TO WORSHIP JESUS IS IDOLAT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

Originally posted by PattyaMainer PattyaMainer wrote:

No, Ali, my claim does not contradict those verses. Satan attempted to cause Jesus to follow him, or to fall from grace, but he (Obviously) did not succeed.

From where you get the idea that satan actually 'attempted' to temp Jesus?You should backup your claim with the help of Biblical verses.

Further no where in Bible the word 'attempted' is written.It is your own insertion.

Can you show me a single verse which says that "Satan attempted to tempt Jesus..."

And suppose you are succeeded to show me a verse then it contradicts with Mark 1:12-13,Luke 4:1-2,Hebrew 2:17-18

It is another case you donot admit it.

Yes, but you'll more than likely refuse to believe it, or twist it in some manner.  Here it is:

John 1:1-18 (New King James Version)

John 1

The Eternal Word
 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend[a] it.
John�s Witness: The True Light

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9 That was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.[b]
10 He was in the world, and the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him. 11 He came to His own,[c] and His own[d] did not receive Him. 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
The Word Becomes Flesh

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, �This was He of whom I said, �He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.��
16 And[e] of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son,[f] who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

I think you didnot understand what i am asking from you.I said '...Can you bring me the verse where Jesus claims to have dual natures i.e. fully man and fully God...?'

Now my first question to you regarding John 1:1 is this, is this Jesus speaking? The answer is no, this is NOT Jesus speaking.This is supposedly the disciple John writing this here not Jesus! So what we have is an interpretation of what one man thought! Why cant you get us Jesus saying in the beginning the word was with God and the word was God, why didn�t Jesus ever say this?

So you now want us to believe Jesus is God because of what a man said? A man�s interpretation!
The Bible itself testifies that the disciples often miss-understood Jesus and didn�t understand him!

So John 1:1 does not prove anything, it is not Jesus speaking.

Oh yea of little faith, Ali!  St. John was a prophet of God....what he said in the Gospel of John were the inspired words given to John to say in this Gospel.  Are you saying God told John to say false words?? 

I DID show you in the other topic where Jesus himself told St. Thomas that "since you touched the nail prints in my hands you believe (that I am the Christ)....but blessed are those who have NOT felt the nail prints in my hands yet still believe (That I am the Christ).  Yes, Ali, Jesus Christ Himself said these words in the Gospel.

Peace and Wisdom,
Patty
"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 4:04pm

from patty:

Oh yea of little faith, Ali!  St. John was a prophet of God....what he said in the Gospel of John were the inspired words given to John to say in this Gospel.  Are you saying God told John to say false words??

just maybe JOHN may have told us false words .{ or at least the person it comes from }.

I DID show you in the other topic where Jesus himself told St. Thomas that "since you touched the nail prints in my hands you believe (that I am the Christ)....but blessed are those who have NOT felt the nail prints in my hands yet still believe (That I am the Christ). 

this line was also used by church  to legitamize their demand on people for blind faith to them and the word they keep. no freewill no freedom of thought if so you were a haratic. burnt,drowned ,starved death and tortured to clean you of your sin though the suffering of christ. { freaks! }. jesus also said YOU'LL TELL BY THIER FRUITS IF THEY COME FROM ME! 

Yes, Ali, Jesus Christ Himself said these words in the Gospel.

no my friend JOHN said jesus said these words. also i thing it strange that "THE BELOVED APOSLE " remains such a seacret but then signs his name to the front page!

Peace and Wisdom,
Patty
[/QUOTE] peace to you today,
  i've read  your post noticed a few things.
i'm sorry to ask questions , { i've been told i lack faith for doing so before and not accepting without question { blindly } the word from the pulpit.} but i could not resist.
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 15 December 2008 at 5:11am
love for all conquers all
PattyaMainer View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Nazarene Nazarene wrote:

from patty:

just maybe JOHN may have told us false words .{ or at least the person it comes from }.

I DID show you in the other topic where Jesus himself told St. Thomas that "since you touched the nail prints in my hands you believe (that I am the Christ)....but blessed are those who have NOT felt the nail prints in my hands yet still believe (That I am the Christ). 

this line was also used by church  to legitamize their demand on people for blind faith to them and the word they keep. no freewill no freedom of thought if so you were a haratic. burnt,drowned ,starved death and tortured to clean you of your sin though the suffering of christ. { freaks! }. jesus also said YOU'LL TELL FRUITS IF THEY COME FROM ME! 

Yes, Ali, Jesus Christ Himself said these words in the Gospel.

no my friend JOHN said jesus said these words. also i thing it strange that "THE BELOVED APOSLE " remains such a seacret but then signs his name to the front page!

Peace and Wisdom,
Patty
peace to you today,
  i've read  your post noticed a few things.
i'm sorry to ask questions , { i've been told i lack faith for doing so before and not accepting without question { blindly } the word from the pulpit.} but i could not resist.
leland
[/QUOTE]

Leland,

You are quite obviously a rabid anti-Catholic.  I feel sorry for your tremendous lack of knowledge and misinformation regarding my Church.  Your post is not worthy of a response as it is terribly rude and disrespectful.  I may not agree with the Islamic religion, but I would never stoop to disrespecting those who do, nor would I ever intentionally be rude.  Your post is disgraceful to many Protestants and Catholics alike who truly are doing their best to serve our Lord, Jesus Christ.  I have several relatives who are Protestant, but they certainly do not speak or misbehave as you just did.

May our Loving God grant you wisdom,
Patty
"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2008 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Originally posted by thomasd thomasd wrote:

Christians do not worship icons or other man-made portrayals of God, saints, etc. Rather they are meant as a visual reminder of God's glory to focus our attention on him, in much the same way the Psalms or Proverbs do so through written word. Your connection between Jesus and icons is an interesting one, but one I believe to be mistaken. While stained glass, sculptures and paintings were created by human hands, and therefore imperfect, Jesus was created by God and thus the only perfect human being to ever have existed. We believe quite literally the Jesus is God incarnate--in a human body, and that he became so in order to form a bridge between Himself and imperfect humanity....a covenant between Himself and a broken world, so that our brokenness can be forgiven and we can spend an eternity in his presence rather than be condemned to an eternity apart from him.

That is not quite right as Cahtloics pray to mary and the saints, that is an act of worship!

You are sadly and horribly misinformed about Roman Catholics, Robin. I am really disgusted by the lies you spread due to your ignorance.  I am a devout Roman Catholic who loves God with all my heart and soul.  I honor the saints and Mary, whom God chose to be the mother of Jesus.  We do NOT pray to her or the saints.....we "ask" them to intercede to the Father/God for us.  It is no more than if I would ask a friend to pray for me if I were sick.  The saints are close to God as they are in Heaven, most of them were martyrs....they DIED for their faith.  We do have many beautiful photographs of Jesus Christ, Mary, St. Joseph,  as reminders of the holy people.  We have the cross as a reminder of the death Jesus endured for our salvation.  You are woefully mistaken about Catholics and other Protestant denominations. 

I do not agree with your beliefs, but I respect your right to practice it and to live your life in accordance with what you have been taught is right.    But for some reason, JW's cannot stand to allow people to live and practice their own religion according to their conscience and beliefs. My church goes back 2000 years, how far does yours go back?  I have read MUCH about Jehovah Witness religion.  It is NOT Christian, and it is very much more like a cult.  Nonetheless, if that's what you believe you have every right to believe it.....but I truly feel sorry for you, and I feel extremely sorry for those who have died because of your misconception about blood transfusions!!!  So please learn the truth before you make such inaccurate and outlandish statements about the Roman Catholic Church, which was established by Jesus himself over 2,000 years ago.

Btw, the Ave Maria (Hail Mary) comes from the Gospel of Luke:

The angel appeared to Mary and said, "Hail Mary, full of grace...the Lord is with you.  BLESSED are you among women, and blessed the fruit of your womb, JESUS."
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 3:45am

If John 1:1 is a words of Christ then why RED LETTER BIBLE doesnot mention it in red colors?

I am not arguing whether John was a prophet of God or not?Even i can show you that Gospel of John is not written by him.Even i can show you that John 1:1 doesnot prove any divinity of christ.

But my point is John 1:1 is not saying of christ and we all know this fact.It is a problem of your Bible that not a single Gospel was written in time of Christ.All the works had been completed after Jesus Christ and not in his presence.It is very easy to say that John was 'inspired'

I DID show you in the other topic where Jesus himself told St. Thomas that "since you touched the nail prints in my hands you believe (that I am the Christ)....but blessed are those who have NOT felt the nail prints in my hands yet still believe (That I am the Christ).  Yes, Ali, Jesus Christ Himself said these words in the Gospel.

Peace and Wisdom,
Patty

I am waiting
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 5:07am
my dear patty:
peace you and your family

as for the church, it practice geniside on my people in the name of jesus.{ jesus also says " YOU'LL TELL BY THIER FRUITS IF THEY ARE FROM ME "}

i am no prodestent.

all i did was state an historical fact,

all i did was ask a question.

truths?

your reply......speaks of many truths.
leland

Edited by Nazarene - 15 December 2008 at 5:16am
love for all conquers all
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

If John 1:1 is a words of Christ then why RED LETTER BIBLE doesnot mention it in red colors?

I am not arguing whether John was a prophet of God or not?Even i can show you that Gospel of John is not written by him.Even i can show you that John 1:1 doesnot prove any divinity of christ.

But my point is John 1:1 is not saying of christ and we all know this fact.It is a problem of your Bible that not a single Gospel was written in time of Christ.All the works had been completed after Jesus Christ and not in his presence.It is very easy to say that John was 'inspired'

Peace and Wisdom,
Patty

I am waiting

It is a moot point, Ali.  As I have said before you only want me to respond so you can continue to insult my faith and twist the Holy Scriptures.  I am sure you are a good person, and a devout Muslim....I am also a devout Catholic and I try (but sometimes fail) to be a good person myself.  It is impossible to explain anything to you, as a Muslim, because you can simply say "well, that's not true....your bible is false,  Jesus didn't say that, this doesn't make sense, how do you know God told St. John to say those words", etc. etc., ad nauseum.  How rude!!!  I could say the same about Mohammed.....how do you know what people wrote in the Qur'an is really what Mohammed said, or how do you even know what he said was inspired?"  See how awful it feels to have your beliefs, your religion scoffed at???  Well, that is exactly what you have been doing to mine, only much worse!  I believe in the Catholic Church because I have faith...the same reason you believe the Qur'an.  We have faith that our beliefs are correct.  I am a little weary of talking to you, as you respond like a rock.  You repeat the same mantra over and over and over.  You believe nothing I say, so I will say this....I hope one day you listen with an open mind and an open heart.  Until then, there is no point in discussing religion. 

Peace to you,
Patty
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2008 at 11:24am

It is a moot point, Ali.  As I have said before you only want me to respond so you can continue to insult my faith and twist the Holy Scriptures.  I am sure you are a good person, and a devout Muslim....I am also a devout Catholic and I try (but sometimes fail) to be a good person myself.  It is impossible to explain anything to you, as a Muslim, because you can simply say "well, that's not true....your bible is false,  Jesus didn't say that, this doesn't make sense, how do you know God told St. John to say those words", etc. etc., ad nauseum.  How rude!!! I could say the same about Mohammed.....how do you know what people wrote in the Qur'an is really what Mohammed said, or how do you even know what he said was inspired?"  See how awful it feels to have your beliefs, your religion scoffed at???  Well, that is exactly what you have been doing to mine, only much worse!  I believe in the Catholic Church because I have faith...the same reason you believe the Qur'an.  We have faith that our beliefs are correct.  I am a little weary of talking to you, as you respond like a rock.  You repeat the same mantra over and over and over.  You believe nothing I say, so I will say this....I hope one day you listen with an open mind and an open heart.  Until then, there is no point in discussing religion. 

Peace to you,
Patty

My question was very simple 'Where Jesus Christ himself claims to have dual nature?'

And you didnot quote a single verse where Jesus himself claimed to have dual nature.

You are going to quote John 1:1 and we know that it is not a Jesus's speaking(and you also know very well if you donot know then read Red Letter Bible)

Note:The New Testament is a collection of  4 biographies of Christ, 27 epistles of St. Paul, and other books on the lives and adventures on the followers of Christ.  There is no record of a book revealed to Jesus. Perhaps the closest to it are the words of Jesus himself, which constitutes less than 10% of the NT.

If you still insist that no no John 1:1 is inspired by God and actually Jesus told John to write John 1:1.

Then let us move to John 1:1

Do you think John 1:1 proves any divinity of Christ?Do you think John believe in divinity of Christ?

If this is a case then you are wrong.Because John 1:1 doesnot prove any divinity of Christ.

Here is briefly response:

John 1:1
http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=85

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 12>
  Share Topic