IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How did Jesus die  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How did Jesus die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2008 at 10:23am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

Jesus died for the final establishment of the true faith in God!

If what muslims think about Jesus was true then faith would be of no use as there is No Medator for the New Covernant, No Salvation, No Kingdom, and No Hope for mankind, thus no point in belief!

robin, your post has no logic, no intellect, no rationality. It is just a forceful assumption. You being a JW have different beliefs from the mainline christians.
You half believe that Jesus is God.
You half believe in Trinity.
But you believe in the original sin.
You believe that Jesus (a god ) died on the cross.
You believe inJesus death for the atonement of sins of others.

You believe that an innocent man Jesus was killed on the cross for the sins of others.
 Now here you are establising a true faith through the death of Jesus on the cross. We Muslims (and the Jews) consider the death on the cross as a cursed (La'anat) death. We do not believe that Jesus was a cursed person. He did not die on the cross. He was alive when brought down from the cross.

Remember that the real curse is from God. The curse or abuse of mankind has no value. A cursed person (curse of God) is far from the blessings of God. Jesus is not that type of person.

There is no need to kill Jesus on the cross in order to establish any new covenant. Never had it been done before too. The human sacrifce is forbidden since the trial of Abraham and Ishmael a.s. Ishmael was spared by Allah for a later sacrifice in lieu which was to be presented in the way of Allah by the Companions of the holy prophet in large numbers, in the way of truth.

So the last covenant was established for mankind through the prophet Muhammad by the brave actions and blood of the companions of the prophet to eradicate evil from the society and to free mankind from the shackles of religious slavery.

The Bible says:-

1 Timothy 2:3-7
This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom* for all�[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. 7 For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle�I am telling the truth, I am not lying�a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth.

*"Corresponding" to the wicked sinner Adam!

Logic has nothing to do with this, but what God will is and what he says means everthing!  That you do not understand as yet!

Edited by robin - 16 August 2008 at 10:23am
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 12:00am

Timothy was a greater sinner by accusing the father of mankind. i.e. Adam. Timothy is niether a prophet nor a man of god. From where did he become an apostle? Was he one of the original 12 whom Jesus predicted to have them seated on 12 thrones?. But one of them, a Judas, reported Jesus to the enemy and got him arrested. Where went his throne?

Simply speaking,the christians are raising the ranks of persons above what they are. The Jews had been lowering the ranks below what were the ranks of men of God. The christians did the opposite.

They raised the rank of a simple man of God and made him into a god. (Perhaps robin does not believe that). Then the christians raised the ranks of simple men who were companions of Jesus to that of messengers of Allah. They were  at the most the messengers of Jesus while Jessu was a messenger of Allah.  The apostles were not any lords at all. But those companions were made as messengers  as if of God.

Quran forbids taking any one as a Lord beside Allah.

The fault of the Jews is that they abuse and lower the rank and kill the prophets.That is why they are the "Maghdhoob". The fault of the christians is that they unduely raise the rank of the prophet and other men to the point of worship. That is why they are called "Dhaaleen". i.e. those who after having the right guidance, lost it and went astray.

I would not listen to any Timothy.  There is no doubt that the incident of crucifixion of Jesus was nothing less than death. He was almost dead. he suffered much and appeared to be dead.

So, if the christians, as they always use symbolic language,if christians say that Jesus died on the cross, I am ready to believe it because he was almost dead. But the Quran says that he was not really killed on the cross. He just appeared to them all as a dead man. And none of his friends could say at that time, in front of the soldiers that Jesus was not dead. That would have been extremely dangerous.

Edited by minuteman - 17 August 2008 at 12:10am
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 12:37am

Timothy was a greater sinner by accusing the father of mankind. i.e. Adam. Timothy is niether a prophet nor a man of god. From where did he become an apostle? Was he one of the original 12 whom Jesus predicted to have them seated on 12 thrones?. But one of them, a Judas, reported Jesus to the enemy and got him arrested. Where went his throne?

Simply speaking,the christians are raising the ranks of persons above what they are. The Jews had been lowering the ranks below what were the ranks of men of God. The christians did the opposite.

They raised the rank of a simple man of God and made him into a god. (Perhaps robin does not believe that). Then the christians raised the ranks of simple men who were companions of Jesus to that of messengers of Allah. They were  at the most the messengers of Jesus while Jessu was a messenger of Allah.  The apostles were not any lords at all. But those companions were made as messengers  as if of God.

The fault of the Jews is that they abuse and lower the rank and kill the prophets.That is why they are the "Maghdhoob". The fault of the christians is that they unduely raise the rank of the prophet and other men to the point of worship. That is why they are called "Dhaaleen". i.e. those who after having the right guidance, lost it and went astray.

I would not listen to any Timothy.  There is no doubt that the incident of crucifixion of Jesus was nothing less than death. He was almost dead. he suffered much and appeared to be dead.

So, if the christians, as they always use symbolic language,if christians say that Jesus died on the cross, I am ready to believe it because he was almost dead. But the Quran says that he was not really killed on the cross. He just appeared to them all as a dead man. And none of his friends could say at that time, in front of the soldiers that Jesus was not dead. That would have been extremely dangerous.

You deny the word of Allah as Allah says:-

Ezekiel 18:4
Look! All the souls�to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son�to me they belong. The soul that is sinning�it itself will die.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul that is sinning�it itself will die. . .

According to Allah all sinners die as in the above quote from his word!

Adam is now dead so he was a sinner and the 2nd one to do so, the first was his wife Eve who also was wicked like Adam and eat the fruit that Allah told them not to eat:-

Genesis 2:15-17
And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of E�den to cultivate it and to take care of it. 16 And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: "From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die."

Adam and Eve where Wicked and Evil as they obeyed Satan the Devil insted of Allah:-

Genesis 3:1-7
Now the serpent [Devil] proved to be the most cautious of all the wild beasts of the field that Jehovah God had made. So it began to say to the woman: "Is it really so that God said YOU must not eat from every tree of the garden?"
2 At this the woman said to the serpent: "Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat.
3 But as for [eating] of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, God has said, �YOU must not eat from it, no, YOU must not touch it that YOU do not die.�"
4 At this the serpent said to the woman: "YOU positively will not die.
5 For God knows that in the very day of YOUR eating from it YOUR eyes are bound to be opened and YOU are bound to be like God, KNOWING good and bad."
6 Consequently the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something to be longed for to the eyes, yes, the tree was desirable to look upon. So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward she gave some also to her husband when with her and he began eating it.
7 Then the eyes of both of them became opened and they began to realize that they were naked. Hence they sewed fig leaves together and made loin coverings for themselves.

Allah punnished Adam And Eve:-

Genesis 3:8-13
Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife went into hiding from the face of Jehovah God in between the trees of the garden. 9 And Jehovah God kept calling to the man and saying to him: "Where are you?" 10 Finally he said: "Your voice I heard in the garden, but I was afraid because I was naked and so I hid myself." 11 At that he said: "Who told you that you were naked? From the tree from which I commanded you not to eat have you eaten?" 12 And the man went on to say: "The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me [fruit] from the tree and so I ate." 13 With that Jehovah God said to the woman: "What is this you have done?" To this the woman replied: "The serpent�it deceived me and so I ate."

Allah tells them for thier wicked act they will suffer and die:-

Genesis 3:17-19
And to Adam he said: "Because you listened to your wife�s voice and took to eating from the tree concerning which I gave you this command, �You must not eat from it,� cursed is the ground on your account. In pain you will eat its produce all the days of your life. 18 And thorns and thistles it will grow for you, and you must eat the vegetation of the field. 19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return."

Listion the The Bible and find out the real truth!

Edited by robin - 17 August 2008 at 12:39am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 7:04am
LOL!!  Mminuteman remember the soldier stabbed Jesus to make sure He was dead.  It was not up to Jesus' fathers to say whether Jesus was dead or not.

1 Timothy is a letter, Epistle written by Paul to Timothy while Timothy was at Epheus.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2008 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Look! All the souls�to me they belong. As the soul of the father so likewise the soul of the son�to me they belong. The soul that is sinning�it itself will die.

Adam is now dead so he was a sinner and the 2nd one to do so, the first was his wife Eve who also was wicked like Adam and eat the fruit that Allah told them not to eat:-

And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of E�den to cultivate it and to take care of it. 16 And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: "From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die."

Adam and Eve where Wicked and Evil as they obeyed Satan the Devil insted of Allah:-

Now the serpent [Devil] proved to be the most cautious of all the wild beasts of the field that Jehovah God had made. So it began to say to the woman: "Is it really so that God said YOU must not eat from every tree of the garden?"
2 At this the woman said to the serpent: "Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat.
3 But as for [eating] of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, God has said, �YOU must not eat from it, no, YOU must not touch it that YOU do not die.�"
5 For God knows that in the very day of YOUR eating from it YOUR eyes are bound to be opened and YOU are bound to be like God, KNOWING good and bad."
6 Consequently the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was something to be longed for to the eyes, yes, the tree was desirable to look upon. So she began taking of its fruit and eating it. Afterward she gave some also to her husband when with her and he began eating it.
7 Then the eyes of both of them became opened and they began to realize that they were naked. Hence they sewed fig leaves together and made loin coverings for themselves.

Later they heard the voice of Jehovah God walking in the garden about the breezy part of the day, and the man and his wife went into hiding from the face of Jehovah God in between the trees of the garden. 9 And Jehovah God kept calling to the man and saying to him: "Where are you?" 10 Finally he said: "Your voice I heard in the garden, but I was afraid because I was naked and so I hid myself." 11 At that he said: "Who told you that you were naked? From the tree from which I commanded you not to eat have you eaten?" 12 And the man went on to say: "The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me [fruit] from the tree and so I ate." 13 With that Jehovah God said to the woman: "What is this you have done?" To this the woman replied: "The serpent�it deceived me and so I ate."

And to Adam he said: "Because you listened to your wife�s voice and took to eating from the tree concerning which I gave you this command, �You must not eat from it,� cursed is the ground on your account. In pain you will eat its produce all the days of your life. 18 And thorns and thistles it will grow for you, and you must eat the vegetation of the field. 19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return."

Robin,
you are using an out dated source that cannot be trusted. It contradicts itself, thus its not God's word nomore. And its not wise to rely on its contents. God's word has been altered and corrupted in the form of the Bible. I have shown you several examples of that, reading and quoting it more and more does not change that fact. Konwingly to rely on it be  equal to bluffing one's own self. And will lead the person into the wrong direction, the direction of loss, eternal loss.
God punishes for our delibrate traspasses, God forgives the one who repents and correct their path, while that person still have the chance, before the deat takes away that chance!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 25 August 2008 at 4:57pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 5:10am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Robin,
you are using an out dated source that cannot be trusted. It contradicts itself, thus its not God's word nomore. And its not wise to rely on its contents. God's word has been altered and corrupted in the form of the Bible. I have shown you several examples of that, reading and quoting it more and more does not change that fact. Konwingly to rely on it be  equal to bluffing one's own self. And will lead the person into the wrong direction, the direction of loss, eternal loss.
God punishes for our delibrate traspasses, God forgives the one who repents and correct their path, while that person still have the chance, before the deat takes away that chance!
Hasan

Adam and Eve, like the Devil were perfect to start with, so when he and they disobeyed God it was a deliberate act (they did not make a mistake) of a Godless and loveless human along with his wife Eve.

So just like the Devil whom God will totally destroy, they are now totally destroyed in everlasting death never to live again!

As Genesis shows they where only worthy of death as they did as the Devil said.

As you choose not to believe it does not change the facts!

Edited by robin - 02 September 2008 at 5:11am
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 5:18pm

Interesting  robin. Please tell me what was the sin of devil. What did he do wrong?  And it was interesting reading about God calling Adam, "Where are you?" Of course, that is only possible if God did not know where Adam was.

robin, you are stressing upon the sin of Adam. I am interested in finding about the sin of the devil. Reply by the words of the bible please.
Nazarene View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nazarene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2008 at 3:25am

Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

The Jews didn't crucify Jesus the Romans did.

NO!

The Jew had to have Roman permission to murder Jesus, the Romans washed their hands of Him.

Matthew 27:24-26 = [Added for meaning]

Seeing that it did no good but, rather, an uproar was arising, Pilate took water and washed his hands before the crowd, saying: "I am innocent of the blood of this [man]. YOU yourselves [THE JEWS] must see to it. " 25 At that all the people said in answer: "His blood come upon us and upon our children." 26 Then he released Bar�ab�bas to them, but he had Jesus whipped and handed him over to [THE JEWS] be impaled.

He. the Roman representative, Pilate, gave them permision to murder Jesus.

So the Jews are responsilbe for the death of Jesus not the Romans!
here's a more complete telling

Lection LXXXI

The Roman Trial Before Pilate

1. THEN led they Yeshua from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgment, to Pontius Pilate, the Governor, and it was early, and they themselves went not into the judgment hall, lest they should be defiled; but that they might keep the feast.

2. Pilate therefore went out unto them and said, What accusation bring ye against this man? They answered and said unto him, If he were not a malefactor, we would not have delivered him up unto thee. We have a law and by our law he ought to die, because he would change the customs and rites which Moses delivered unto us, yea, he made himself the Son of God.

3. Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and Judge him according to your law. For he knew that for envy they had delivered him.

4. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death. So the saying of Yeshua was fulfilled, which he spake, signifying what death he should die
5. And they further accused him saying, We found this fellow perverting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Caesar, saying that he himself is Christ a King.

6. Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again and called Yeshua and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? Yeshua answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me?

7. Pilate answered, Am I a Jew ? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me; what hast thou done? Yeshua answered, My kingdom is not of this world, if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now is my kingdom not from hence.

8. Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a King then? Yeshua answered, Thou sayest that I am, yea, a King I am. To this end was I born and for this cause came I unto the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

9. Pilate said unto him, What is truth? Yeshua said, Truth is from heaven. Pilate said, Then truth is not on earth. Yeshua said unto Pilate, Believe thou, that truth is on earth amongst those who receive and obey it. They are of the truth who judge righteously.
10. And when he had heard this, he went out again unto the Jews and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. And when he was accused of the chief priests and elders he answered them nothing.

11. Then said Pilate unto him, Hearest thou not, how many things they witness against thee?
12. And he answered him never a word, insomuch that the governor marvelled greatly, and again he said unto them, I find no fault in this man.

13. And they waxed the more fierce saying, He stirreth up the people, teaching throughout all Jewry, beginning from Galilee to this place. When Pilate heard of Galilee he asked, whether the man were a Galilean.

14. AND as soon as he knew that he belonged unto Herod�s jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who himself also, was at Jerusalem at the time.

15. And when Herod saw Yeshua he was exceedingly glad, for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him, and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.

16. Then he questioned with him in many words, but he answered him nothing. And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him, and many false witnesses rose up against him, and laid to his charge things that he knew not.

17. And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe and sent him again to Pilate. And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together, for before they were at enmity between themselves.

18. And Pilate went again into the Judgment Hall and saith unto Yeshua, Whence art thou? But Yeshua gave him no answer. Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?

19. Yeshua answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above, therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.
20. And from thenceforth Pilate sought to release him; but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou let this man go thou art no Caesar�s friend, whosoever maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar.

21. And Pilate called together the chief priests and rulers of the people. When he was set down on the judgement seat his wife sent unto him, saying. Have thou nothing to do with that just man, for I have suffered many things this day in a dream, because of him.

22. And Pilate said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people, and behold I have examined him before you, and have found no fault in this man touching those things: whereof ye accuse him. No, nor yet Herod, for I sent you to him, and lo nothing worthy of death was found in him.

23. But ye have a custom that I should release unto you one at the Passover, will ye therefore that I release unto you the King of the Jews?

24. Then cried they all again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas. Now Barabbas was a robber. And, for sedition made in the city, and for murder, was cast into prison.

25. Pilate therefore, willing to release Yeshua, spake again to them. Whether of the twain will ye that I release unto you; Yeshua Barabbas, or Yeshua which is called the Christ? They said, Barabbas

26. Pilate said unto them, What then shall I do with Yeshua which is called the Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.

27. And the Governor said, Why what evil hath he done? But they cried out all the more saying, Crucify him, crucify him.

28. Pilate therefore went forth again and said unto him, Behold, again, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him, and again they cried out, Crucify him, crucify him.

29. And Pilate said unto them, the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him go.

30. And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed.

31. When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.

32. Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us and on our children. And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required. And he delivered Yeshua to their will.

Edited by Nazarene - 12 September 2008 at 3:26am
love for all conquers all
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic