IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - accepting a muslim household  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

accepting a muslim household

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 4:30pm

Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Reference please?  Is this an authentic hadith?

Really?  From which collection, and what does the hadith actually say?

I believe that there is also a hadith in which Muhammad says something to the effect that in heaven no man will be asked why he beat his wife.

Where was your keen understanding of hadith methodology with the "hadith" you quoted? 

Edited by abuayisha - 24 July 2010 at 4:33pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 5:09pm

Quote Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife.

Abu Dawud (2142)

Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 5:38pm
What is the classification of the hadith?
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

What is the classification of the hadith?

You're a Muslim, abuayisha -- you tell me.  As far as I'm concerned all ahadith are of dubious authenticity.  I only mentioned it because it corroborates the Quran 4:34.
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 9:16pm

Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

No doubt there are good and bad people everywhere, but no other religion enables mistreatment of women, or subjugates them to men, like Islam.

Somebody needs to pass on this information to the poor women who keep converting to Islam !

Not that it would make any difference.   It's been widely known for decades that smoking is bad for you too, but young women in particular are taking up the habit by the millions.  The sad fact is that most people (men and women) do not make rational choices.

I had no intention to engage you here but anyways I have one question how many quotes you would like from the OT & NT about how a woman could badly be treated? 10,20,40,80 100. Just tell me!Wink And you will not be disappointed!

You have really opened your big mouth like the ACT Christian mob  that came last night at school districts meeting to demand out of context anti Islam supplement be added kids curriculum but were told NO to Islamophobes cuz opinions don't make facts!
There are thousands of reborn individuals who were mislead by the lure of the old colonials debauchery and good times then finally the reality sinks in that every thing that glitters is not gold!
Of course most people don't make rational choices then they are the ones to either correct the mistakes or live with the choices! That is the way to err is human and forgiveness is divine that you don't believe... but every chance you get to stab Islam you don't let go!
Yes the Muslims are struggling out of physical and mental bondage... it was the fault of the forefathers who became too lax and ceased practicing Islam in totality and got run over by the barbarians and then colonized!

This is a normal behavior of the people raised in such environment then it is fault of both the masters and slaves and the generational behavior takes its toll and finally settles down to a much practical pattens for the nations! The birth of Obama and his election speaks volumes about it!
In score or two years the Chinese nation who toiled to build railroads and do the laundry for the Americans will be telling Americans how to live their lives! As matter of fact they already are! And how a female embryo in China was treated I don't need to tell you!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 24 July 2010 at 9:40pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 9:27pm
Ron,

That is a very odd page.. the reason being is that the whole section lists very little in explanation. I am looking at my Hadith collection and this is not to be found.

In addition, they don't give ANY explanation of the circumstances, if this is a strong hadith.

And frankly translations tend to be really terrible.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 9:38pm
Ron:
If your wife tells you that she would sleep with someone else while you are gone on a trip... Or you found out about it...do I expect you to buy her flowersPinch

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2010 at 9:45pm
Marie,

i tend to think that it really is relative family to family just like everywhere. If you have a good family, most grow up well. Everything, everything can be twisted. For instance be generous, listening and kind are good traits, but one can also be taken advantage of as well as to a learned helplessness.

Just like most women do appreciate a "strong" man, a leader etc. And yet that can go too far as well. I know many Muslim men who often defer to their wives. They are kind, warm and generous. Their model was the Prophet (SAWS) who never yelled, hit or harmed innocent people. They also probably had that model at home.

Islam is quite fascinating to me in that there is so, so much more going on. And one aspect is that women should avoid "challenging" a man's "manhood" for lack of a better term. And we teach, a similar concept with self-defense. If you are with a certain type of man, or in a certain type of self-defense scenario it can be far worse for one to "challenge" that person. We are not in a "perfect" world. All people are weak. Some people have tempers. Yes they should control it, and sometimes they won't. They error. And in those cases, we should not push the buttons. Because the harm will come to me.

Men in the Quran and the Hadith are told to be kind to their wives. And the best of men are those who are the best to their wives. Alot of men do that.
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic