IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rushdie knighthood  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rushdie knighthood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:45am
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

Doo-bop: "What about all slanderous books and writings and documentaries about Jesus and Christianity ?"

And how many such writers have been awarded such a prestigious award at public and official level? Can you name one to me? Please be specific.

But, the point is not just that. It appears you didn't read my whole post. Please read the whole post, and then we will talk.

Yes, I don't discuss outside the rules of the forum. And I don't like to waste my precious time.

Peace

What are you talking about?  You are not quoting me when you produce this:-

"What about all slanderous books and writings and documentaries about Jesus and Christianity ?"

Doo-bop:

You didn't answer my question! You can't keep going on and on without replying questions. Please comply with guidelines.

Peace

Once again, peacemaker, I do not know what you are talking about!

Are these the questions you are referring to?

"And how many such writers have been awarded such a prestigious award at public and official level? Can you name one to me? "

If so, please be informed that I have not raised the issue of the writers you are talking about.  Which writers were those?

Also I did not say this:-

Doo-bop: "What about all slanderous books and writings and documentaries about Jesus and Christianity ?"

which you are clearly implying that I said....

I don't know what your game is here.  But it is not nice.....

Actually, if you care to reread page three of this thread, you will discover you should be raising this issue with Delta, not with me....the bit about the "slanderous books and writings" came from him, not me.  Now stop wasting my time....

Edited by Doo-bop
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 11:35am

Which is why we must do everything in our power to disallow any vestige of Sharia law in the west.  Sadly, it is here already - at least in the UK....

Really, Where? Where? Do you realyl understand Shirah? If there were Shirah, lifwe would be rather different there then it is now.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 1:41pm

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Can anyone tell me exactly why the Muslims object to Rushdie's book, The Satanic Verses?

CUZ of blasphemies, defamation and distortions  page after page against the holy Prophet of Islam, his holy family and companions written
in this book as a traitor/apostate while collaborating with the crusaders(The British Government etc) and Jewish media.

Sign reader - having fought my way through your multi-coloured, multi-font-sized tirade against Jews and crusaders (?) - just who are the "crusaders" btw - I have learned precisely nothing!!

You have said nothing concrete about why muslims object to Rushdie's book, or why he should be killed

How could you miss in red unless you have reading problems?
What do you mean by concrete?
What did you feel about Muhammad and his distorted name form's descriptions & stories as compared to when Muslims say Muhammad they say peace and blessing with it.

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 2:23am
Well, you tell me what blasphemies, defamations and distortions, and then we will have something concrete....
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 4:27am

And how many such writers have been awarded such a prestigious award at public and official level? Can you name one to me? Please be specific.

But, the point is not just that. It appears you didn't read my whole post. Please read the whole post, and then we will talk.

Yes, I don't discuss outside the rules of the forum. And I don't like to waste my precious time.

Peace

What are you talking about?  You are not quoting me when you produce this:-

"What about all slanderous books and writings and documentaries about Jesus and Christianity ?"

Doo-bop:

You didn't answer my question! You can't keep going on and on without replying questions. Please comply with guidelines.

Peace

Once again, peacemaker, I do not know what you are talking about!

Are these the questions you are referring to?

"And how many such writers have been awarded such a prestigious award at public and official level? Can you name one to me? "

If so, please be informed that I have not raised the issue of the writers you are talking about.  Which writers were those?

Also I did not say this:-

which you are clearly implying that I said....

I don't know what your game is here.  But it is not nice.....

Actually, if you care to reread page three of this thread, you will discover you should be raising this issue with Delta, not with me....the bit about the "slanderous books and writings" came from him, not me.  Now stop wasting my time....

Oh yes, it was from Delta, I am sorry for that�even a slight misrepresentation may upset one�nevertheless, let me assure you that I did that inadvertently.

And don�t you agree with what Delta says in this thread?

As I see from your posts, you support the official recognition awarded to Salman Rushdie; my question is now directed to both of you. And if you don�t like to answer the post related to Delta, I refer to one I asked in my post on page 3 before Delta's post.

"Can they insult, for example, any other community at such a public and official level? Will they honour Salman, or another author of similar talents, in the same manner if the insult was directed to a community and faith other than Muslims and Islam? I don�t wish that any community is insulted and humiliated in such a manner, but the point is to show the blatant hypocrisy that prevails here. . . ."

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Which is why we must do everything in our power to disallow any vestige of Sharia law in the west.  Sadly, it is here already - at least in the UK....

Really, Where? Where? Do you realyl understand Shirah? If there were Shirah, lifwe would be rather different there then it is now.

There is a Sharia Court in every major city in the UK

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 12:14pm

Hey Doo bop. Thanks for letting me know. I know they have some in Canada as well.

Let me ask,  does that have anything to do with the greater society? It is like in the US, the Amish have their own system of justice. Also, they are exempt from the draft (if there is one).

It is also like Orthodox Jewish folks have their own system of justice. Native Americans in the US as well. How is Shirah court any different if people willingly choose to go to that court? Most of Shirah is sort of like divorce court, property, etc. Deals with many type of matters. Are there are lot of whippings or stonings there? I would think if there were it would be all over the news.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2007 at 2:47pm

Well, you tell me what blasphemies, defamations and distortions, and then we will have something concrete....

I don't think I am going to type the whole chapter but you get the book and read; except couple of chapters which are about England rest is denigrating the Prophet.
For starters read, look at  chapter # 2 and its heading on down; providing a clear  proof  that whole project was British instigated affront to the Muslims. As a Muslim I won't type his puke here.
If you don't want to make Rushdie, his Jewish publisher and the British  exchequer few pounds richer you can find the TSV online then come back to talk about it.
You should not be debating a subject your are not knowledgeable about; unless you are simply  Islam/Muhammad animosity driven. That hate has literally blinded your sense of fairness & can't see the reality by so called novel!
This issue won't be decided by this internet debate anyway. So much fuel has been  added to the fires of hatred that someone will get burnt surely. It has already claimed few dozen lives but sure it has also made some in England quite wealthy, sex and violence does pay dividends.
All events in modern times had beginning in words coming from Hitler, Bush, Blair, or Rushdie.  The corresponding consequences were beyond their control unless they could see their folly just in time and take corrective action but alas that quality was not in their make up in the first place.
All these people were using their freedom of speech rights! weren't they? Oh Yes

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic