IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Friday Sermons  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Friday Sermons

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 11:44am
Today's khutbah was a general reminder about Allah's mercy towards His servants.  The imam also gave glad tidings to those who have sinned to not give up hope, as Allah if forgiving and merciful.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Friendship View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:07pm
Assalamu alaika Islamipeace.

Please do not be deceived by the Imams who do not understand the basics of Islam. They are birds of the same feathers. Allah through the life history i.e the seera of the holy Apostle explained on what conditions He accepts repentance. The holy Apostle further explained. The majority of our sins are of the major category as explained in the first 31 verses of holy Qur'an Chapter 4.  The expiation of these sins is in this world. Please be careful. I hope you will understand what I meant for the Sahabas said:

فما لم يكن يو مئذ الدينا فلا يكون اليوم دينا
It is only sins described as Lamama ie. trivial that are forgiven.

Edited by Friendship - 21 January 2011 at 2:10pm
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Friendship Friendship wrote:

Please do not be deceived by the Imams who do not understand the basics of Islam. They are birds of the same feathers. Allah through the life history i.e the seera of the holy Apostle explained on what conditions He accepts repentance. The holy Apostle further explained. The majority of our sins are of the major category as explained in the first 31 verses of holy Qur'an Chapter 4.  The expiation of these sins is in this world. Please be careful. I hope you will understand what I meant for the Sahabas said:

فما لم يكن يو مئذ الدينا فلا يكون اليوم دينا
It is only sins described as Lamama ie. trivial that are forgiven.

Walaikum as-salaam.  Brother, please do not put words into the mouths of others.  The imam at my masjid did not say that sins are just forgiven and that we can just keep sinning.  He was merely saying that those of us who sin should not lose hope of Allah's mercy.  Do you not know what the Prophet said, as mentioned in Sahih Muslim:

"Book 037, Number 6622: Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if you were not to commit sin, Allah would sweep you out of existence and He would replace (you by) those people who would commit sin and seek forgiveness from Allah, and He would have pardoned them."
The only sin that is not forgivable is shirk.  And that is only after we die.  If we die in shirk, we are doomed.  But if we die as Muslims who sinned, we are still given hope.  If we have faith equal to that of a mustard seed, then we will be in Jannah, inshaAllah, as the Prophet stated:

"Book 001, Number 0355: Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported: Verily the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Allah will admit into Paradise those deserving of Paradise, and He will admit whom He wishes out of His Mercy, and admit those condemned to Hell into the Fire (of Hell). He would then say: See, he whom you find having as much faith in his heart as a grain of mustard, bring him out. They will then be brought out burned and turned to charcoal, and would be cast into the river of life, and they would sprout aj does a seed in the silt carried away by flood. Have you not seen that it comes out yellow (fresh) and intertwined?"
Do you not see that by your words, you are creating fitnah and divisions among Muslims?  Is that what we need now? 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2011 at 2:38pm

I am still coming to you. Please read to understand and not just to regurgitate. Digest what you read so that it can be assimilated and transported into the body for the production of energy (benefit of the body). If I am creating Fitnah, then according to what I wrote, it had already been created. I am just mentioning it. I see no benefit in contradicting the Sunna of the holy Apostle even in Mandub acts. What of compulsory acts? Please read the meaning of the Sunna, what one is expected from the Sunna carefully for example in the books written by as-Shatibi, Ibn Taymiyya, al-Jawzi, al-Ghazali, al-Baghdadi etc.

AbnerJack View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbnerJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2011 at 10:00pm
I thought it was a good idea to start up. Thanks for sharing.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Friendship Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2011 at 11:13am

Sorry I did not respond to your post on 30/10/2010. If it is true that the holy Apostle said the time spent on the two raka'at should be longer than the two sermons and a follower reversed that, what is the position of that follower. I am not trying to be an extremist, but just to be like any of the Sahabas who do not change the sunna of the holy Apostle. As I said, I do not attend the Fridat prayer as it is done during the time of Zuhr prayer and not a single sunna of the holy apostle is followed by the Imam. I pray Zuhr. 
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2011 at 6:53pm
I cud not know the topic of this khutbah, so cud not share it.

JazakAllah khayr for the sharing, islamipeace.

I don't see bro. Abuayisha this week with his sharing of khutbah ?

Welcome to Islamicity's discussion forum, Abner Jack

Wishing you a happy stay.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2011 at 11:27am
Today's khutbah was about the importance of salah.  As we know, salah is one of the 5 "pillars of Islam" and rightfully so.  The imam mentioned how those who neglect their prayers their whole lives will die with Allah's anger upon them.  In the grave, they will be subjected to punishment and when they are resurrected, Allah will be angry with them.  On the other hand, those who keep the prayers will die with Allah's blessings upon them and they will be resurrected with Allah being pleased with them.  Let us try our best to keep the prayers and not neglect them, inshaAllah.    

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 23>
  Share Topic