IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Love and Religion conflicts=help!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Love and Religion conflicts=help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 7:05pm
Regarding your opinions of Hijab

"
Hijab: in the Quran it says only to cover up your bosom and private parts and was only a practice of Muhammads' wives whom he wished privacy and security to and latter once the Persians came into power it became culture and wear of the upperclass. Today the Hijiab is our flag, our example to the people and a reminder to ourselves but it is still ones choice."

Let's see the verses from the Qur'an  and its commentaries along with hadiths as well

Chappter 24 - An- Nur . verse : 31.

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze, and protect their private parts and not to show off their adornment  except that which is apparent, and to draw their veils all over their Juyub and not to reveal their adornment except to their  husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their  brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their women, or their right hand possessions, or the Tabi`in among men who do  not have desire, or children who are not aware of the nakedness of women. And let them not stamp their feet so as to  reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be
successful"

(their veils all over their Juyub) means, over their necks and chests so that nothing can be seen of them.

Al-Bukhari  recorded that `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, said: "May Allah have mercy on the women of the early emigrants. When Allah revealed the Ayah: (and to draw their veils all over their Juyub), they tore their aprons and Akhtamar  themselves with them.''

He also narrated from Safiyyah bint Shaybah that `A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, used to  say: "When this Ayah: (and to draw their veils all over their Juyub) was revealed, they took their Izars (waistsheets) and  tore them at the edges, and Akhtamar themselves with them.''

From the same chapter, we have an other verse : {60}

" And the Qawa`id among women who do not hope for marriage, it is no sin on them if they discard their (outer) clothing  in such a way as not to show their adornment. But to refrain is better for them. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower"

(And the Qawa`id among women.) Sa`id bin Jubayr, Muqatil bin Hayyan, Ad-Dahhak and Qatadah said that these are  the women who no longer think that they can bear children,

(who do not hope for marriage,) meaning, they no longer have any desire for marriage,

(it is no sin on them if they discard their (outer) clothing in such a way as not to show their adornment.) meaning, they do  not have to cover themselves in the same way that other women have to

Here are few more hadiths, which let us know about the outer garment.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4481. The following version was narrated by Abu Dawood (4102): 

May Allah have mercy on the Muhaajir women. When Allah revealed the words �and to draw their veils all over  Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)�, they tore the thickest of their aprons (a kind of garment) and  covered their faces with them.

Ibn Hajar said in Fath al-Baari: There is a report of Ibn Abi Haatim via �Abd-Allaah ibn �Uthmaan ibn Khaytham from Safiyyah that explains that. This report says: We mentioned the women of Quraysh and their virtues in the presence of  �Aa�ishah and she said: �The women of Quraysh are good, but by Allah I have never seen any better than the women of  the Ansaar, or any who believed the Book of Alla h more strongly or had more faith in the Revelation. When Soorat al- Noor was revealed � �and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna� � their menfolk came to them and recited to them  what had been revealed, and there was not one woman among them who did not go to her apron, and the following  morning they prayed wrapped up as if there were crows on their heads.

It was narrated from �Urwah that �Aa�ishah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)  used to pray Fajr and the believing women would attend (the prayer) with him, wrapped in their aprons, then they would  go back to their houses and no one would recognize them.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 365; Muslim, 645.

Edited by icforumadmin - 16 July 2008 at 10:22pm
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 12:46am
Originally posted by thomasd thomasd wrote:

Quote also believe Jesus is a God, in human form

I do not believe Jesus is a god in human form, I believe he is the God in human form.

Oh . Yes !!  - the God in human form Smile.

Thank you for the correction.  By the way, Thomas, can u start up an other thread regarding your questions over Quranic history. Many topics are cropping up from this single one. They are deep and so need more discussions.

Did you read any Seerah {Life of Prophet Muhammad Pbuh}

Here is the biography -

Kindly do read it.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
thomasd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thomasd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 6:01am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Did you read any Seerah {Life of Prophet Muhammad Pbuh}

I have not yet had that chance, I am waiting until the weekend when I can give it my full attention. Have you given any thought to obtaining a copy of C.S. Lewis's book "Mere Christianity" as I suggested?

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

Thank you for the correction. By the way, Thomas, can u start up an other thread regarding your questions over Quranic history. Many topics are cropping up from this single one. They are deep and so need more discussions.

Of course. I also planning on starting a more in depth discussion on my personal reasons for belief in Christianity.

Edited by thomasd - 17 July 2008 at 6:05am
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 11:59am
Originally posted by peacelovedarfur peacelovedarfur wrote:

But no matter what reward, Thomas is still a believer, even according Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Thomas might be a believer, in his own beliefs i.e. Jesus (as the God in human form = shirk) , Bible , humanity, goodness etc.

However he is not a Believer in Islam. And this was not meant as an insult to him, but was just an explanation. Anyone who does not Believe that God is ONE, and is UNIQUE (unlike anyother, which includes humans - which Thomas believes was a form of God i.e Jesus)  and who does not believe in Muhammad as the final Prophet of God, is not a Muslim, hence not a Believer in Islam.

And perhaps you may mind me saying this, but I will anyway; I think you are using this term again and again to try and convince yourself that he is a Believer - while knowing deep inside that he is not one. Which is why your heart told you to turn to Allah and Islam for an answer. Had you truly believed that, your Nafs would not have pricked your conscience.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by H3OO H3OO wrote:

as u stated that 'the mind cannot distinguish which path to take'
i Guess Allah has quite clearly stated the path in this case so do we still need Istikhara.

Indeed H3, that Allah has clearly stated His commandments . . . however despite that, muslims sometimes go through phases with thier Imaan - when the mind cannot distinguish which path to take i.e. the Path of Allah, or the one which the Nafs desires. . . which is why I reccommended Istikhara.

Thus the Istikhara is to ask for Allah's help to align our mind & heart's decision with that of Allah's. . . and I would reccommend referring to the last part of Dua Istikhara which says that make my heart satisfied with the right decision. . . etc.

I also have far more trust in Allah's Ability to give Hidayath and convince the heart of His Creation compared to mine or your ability to convince another. Which is why I suggested that she turn to Allah for help through Istikhara.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by peacelovedarfur peacelovedarfur wrote:

But no matter what reward, Thomas is still a believer, even according Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

Thomas might be a believer, in his own beliefs i.e. Jesus (as the God in human form = shirk) , Bible , humanity, goodness etc.

However he is not a Believer in Islam. And this was not meant as an insult to him, but was just an explanation. Anyone who does not Believe that God is ONE, and is UNIQUE (unlike anyother, which includes humans - which Thomas believes was a form of God i.e Jesus)  and who does not believe in Muhammad as the final Prophet of God, is not a Muslim, hence not a Believer in Islam.

And perhaps you may mind me saying this, but I will anyway; I think you are using this term again and again to try and convince yourself that he is a Believer - while knowing deep inside that he is not one. Which is why your heart told you to turn to Allah and Islam for an answer. Had you truly believed that, your Nafs would not have pricked your conscience.

Your explanation is pretty close to the sign in Surah Baqara:
  Translation by Muhammad Asad

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:221 AND DO NOT marry women who ascribe divinity to aught beside God ere they attain to [true] belief: for any believing bondwoman [of God]208) is certainly better than a woman who ascribes divinity to aught beside God, even though she please you greatly. And do not give your women in marriage to men who ascribe divinity to aught beside God ere they attain to [true] belief: for- any believing bondman [of God] is certainly better than a man who ascribes divinity to aught beside God, even though he please you greatly. [Such as] these invite unto the fire, whereas God invites unto paradise, and unto [the achievement of] forgiveness by His leave; and He makes clear His messages unto mankind, so that they might bear them in mind.

Considering this clear injunction there is no discussion on the role of parent/ attorney  which is so defined in any proper Islamic contract?

What is the role of the father in this transaction? It seems he is AWOL!

THe above quoted sign is pretty succinct on the subject without needing an escape clause! But this is happening in the USA life liberty and pursuit of happiness- pay attention to the word pursuit not guaranteed!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 17 July 2008 at 1:23pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 6:41pm
[QUOTE=thomasd]
I have not yet had that chance, I am waiting until the weekend when I can give it my full attention.

Thanks again. So waiting for many threads to be started Smile

Have you given any thought to obtaining a copy of C.S. Lewis's book "Mere Christianity" as I suggested?

No, i did not. But yes, since last month i started studying christianity. I did not enter into that discussions, at an other thread of yours, since am still new it. I shall ask my tutor of it. and let you know soon,

I do know the answer to that explanation of Adam, and Jesus's temptations as well, but unable to properly frame up. As said, am new to that study. I shall try my best to let you Islamic thoughts regarding that subject soon, insha Allah [ Allah Wills].

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 1:54pm
Salaams,

i just noticed this thread.

PeaceloveDarfur: I think as a Muslim woman you are facing a very difficult decision regarding your life. It can be very hard to give up things in the Dunya...

I think people are right in that you are writing as you are struggling with the decision. 

I once heard Dr. Naik say that it is easier to talk to an athiest than people who aspire other beliefs. Especially it may be harder as both of you have strong beliefs. I knew a man, let a s a "potential" marriage person right after I did my Shahada. He was theoretically Muslim but really did not follow much. Had married a Christian woman and allowed for his kids to be raised Christian. And he did not have strong beliefs.. but what will you do if the come to beleive Jesus is not just a Prophet, but literally God, in huam form, but also son oF God., etc?  And in fact disavow the Prophet Mohammed?

Marriage is, if nothing else, about practical matters. It is about structure and meeting the physical, spiritual/religious, social and economic needs of people.  And that should be the focus. Love lots of people, no problem. Many friends I have are nonMuslim.. as well as my family. But there is a big difference if I were to marry anyone.

Even when I was still solidifying Islam for myself as a new Muslim, I would meet, "weak" Muslims. And something in my heart pulled me away. I may have felt culturally comfortable with them, but I knew that the difference in the long run would be problematic.

Hijab: as wsa posted and is accepted by the vast majority of scholars is required-fard. Niqab, what the wives of the Prophet (PBUH) were asked to wear is not (by the majority of scholars).  Yes of course it is a "choice" just like the choice to do prayers, eat pork, drink and fast.

As you said this is your jihad. It is your test.. I send you my Duas.  

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic