IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rushdie knighthood  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rushdie knighthood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 10:00am

I'm sorry, Israfil, if I put words in your mouth (I do hate it when it happens to me).  So you reject the fatwa issued by Khomeini.  Well that is good, and shows you have a respect for freedom of speech, even if you don't like what's being said.  (Assuming that you did not mean by "die the next day" that he should be killed tomorrow....)

Any other muslims like to say exactly why Salman Rushdie should be killed?

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 10:45am

Doo-bop: "What about all slanderous books and writings and documentaries about Jesus and Christianity ?"

And how many such writers have been awarded such a prestigious award at public and official level? Can you name one to me? Please be specific.

But, the point is not just that. It appears you didn't read my whole post. Please read the whole post, and then we will talk.

Yes, I don't discuss outside the rules of the forum. And I don't like to waste my precious time.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 11:32am
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Doo-bop: "What about all slanderous books and writings and documentaries about Jesus and Christianity ?"

And how many such writers have been awarded such a prestigious award at public and official level? Can you name one to me? Please be specific.

But, the point is not just that. It appears you didn't read my whole post. Please read the whole post, and then we will talk.

Yes, I don't discuss outside the rules of the forum. And I don't like to waste my precious time.

Peace

What are you talking about?  You are not quoting me when you produce this:-

"What about all slanderous books and writings and documentaries about Jesus and Christianity ?"

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

Can anyone tell me exactly why the Muslims object to Rushdie's book, The Satanic Verses?

It is obvious that you have not read TSV otherwise you wouldn't have asked this question.  I say that most people have not read this trash TSV. It is not a book easily understood by the most people not familiar with the subcontinental history, culture and phrases. As they there are no dumb questions as long as they are not repetitious.

So TSV contains the most blasphemies and distortions page after page against the Prophet of Islam, his family and companions penned by an apostate while enjoying the protection of the crusaders and Jews.

If the Brits of all walks of life, whites, Jews, Hindus & Americans don't mind being called names and bad mouthed like bastards and MFing etc and what have you that is not Muslim's issue. May be they love to be that way, who knows!

This TSV issue had died down cuz it has been almost a generation gone by but the Crusaders have resurrected it for some special reason to start a trouble.

And it is strange he has not taken a non Muslim name as yet, I wonder why!
Further more I see what he did to degrade the life of all the practicing Muslims in the UK to a miserable state of a no win situation.
If they go against him they will be labeled as radicals if not then their faith will in a quandary.

For sake of comparison in those days the British MPs were furious and were in an uproar and called for ban on an Irish American actor Mickey Rourke from Briton when he called Margaret Thatcher's economic policies were fxxked up.
But when Rushdie name calls in TSV the same Prime Minister half dozen times along with Maggie the B**ch etc, it is was no foul cuz he was doing lot more to Muhammad and his family in the same cover.

What a hypocrisy?????
Oh, dirty Brits(BTW) these words are from your TSVs sorry I forgot the page number.
Finally the Muslims should NOT expect any break  from a Jewish run knighthood committee!!!
The committee, chaired by investment banker Lord Rothschild, included BBC director Jenny Abramsky, former Sunday Telegraph theatre critic John Gross and former editor of the Independent Andreas Whittam Smith. & this scumbag! Random House Publisher's CEO Gail Rebuck, who is married to Philip Gould, Tony Blair's long-time polling guru.
What do you expect from these godforsaken morons?

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
hmmm5 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmmm5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2007 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Delta Delta wrote:

No, you are not a pagan, but your origins are
GOD, so what does our origin have to do with anything,lol. There are many Africans which convert to Christianity. What will GOD tell them, You are Christian but your origin was not. You were pagans, Hindus, etc. So go to hell......? Please give me a break. Don't you have something better to discuss than this kind of whining.

Originally posted by Delta Delta wrote:

Mecca was the site of 360 gods, all destroyed by Mohammad.....
Yup, and those idols were placed in the "current kaabah". But we have to look back in history and realise that The "kaabah" was actually built by Abraham and his son, Ishmael. They were worshippers of one GOD. Later, overtime if that society went back to paganism, You can't blame us for that.

Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 6:28am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Can anyone tell me exactly why the Muslims object to Rushdie's book, The Satanic Verses?

It is obvious that you have not read TSV otherwise you wouldn't have asked this question.  I say that most people have not read this trash TSV. It is not a book easily understood by the most people not familiar with the subcontinental history, culture and phrases. As they there are no dumb questions as long as they are not repetitious.

So TSV contains the most blasphemies and distortions page after page against the Prophet of Islam, his family and companions penned by an apostate while enjoying the protection of the crusaders and Jews.

If the Brits of all walks of life, whites, Jews, Hindus & Americans don't mind being called names and bad mouthed like bastards and MFing etc and what have you that is not Muslim's issue. May be they love to be that way, who knows!

This TSV issue had died down cuz it has been almost a generation gone by but the Crusaders have resurrected it for some special reason to start a trouble.

And it is strange he has not taken a non Muslim name as yet, I wonder why!
Further more I see what he did to degrade the life of all the practicing Muslims in the UK to a miserable state of a no win situation.
If they go against him they will be labeled as radicals if not then their faith will in a quandary.

For sake of comparison in those days the British MPs were furious and were in an uproar and called for ban on an Irish American actor Mickey Rourke from Briton when he called Margaret Thatcher's economic policies were fxxked up.
But when Rushdie name calls in TSV the same Prime Minister half dozen times along with Maggie the B**ch etc, it is was no foul cuz he was doing lot more to Muhammad and his family in the same cover.

What a hypocrisy?????
Oh, dirty Brits(BTW) these words are from your TSVs sorry I forgot the page number.
Finally the Muslims should NOT expect any break  from a Jewish run knighthood committee!!!
The committee, chaired by investment banker Lord Rothschild, included BBC director Jenny Abramsky, former Sunday Telegraph theatre critic John Gross and former editor of the Independent Andreas Whittam Smith. & this scumbag! Random House Publisher's CEO Gail Rebuck, who is married to Philip Gould, Tony Blair's long-time polling guru.
What do you expect from these godforsaken morons?

Sign reader - having fought my way through your multi-coloured, multi-font-sized tirade against Jews and crusaders (?) - just who are the "crusaders" btw - I have learned precisely nothing!!

You have said nothing concrete about why muslims object to Rushdie's book, or why he should be killed

The only concrete thing you've said is why supporters of the former PM, Margaret Thatcher should object to the book

As for Muslims not "getting a break" from the knighthood committee, well, as I pointed out a few posts ago, Iqbal Sacranie, who said that death was too good for Salman Rushdie, is now Sir Iqbal Sacranie.  What a disgrace....

And of course there is Lord Ahmad, who I'm sure deserves his elevation to the House of Lords.....

Doo-bop View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doo-bop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 6:56am
btw, Sign reader, I have read the Satanic Verses.  But that was a long long time ago, when it just came out.  I no longer have my copy, as I've just found out.  When I read it, Islam was just a word to me.  I knew nothing about it, and did not understand it to be, as I do now, the major threat to our civilisation.  Perhaps I'll read it again soon, if I can save up enough to buy another copy
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2007 at 10:23am

Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Peace

What are you talking about?  You are not quoting me when you produce this:-

"What about all slanderous books and writings and documentaries about Jesus and Christianity ?"

Doo-bop:

You didn't answer my question! You can't keep going on and on without replying questions. Please comply with guidelines.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic