IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim women cover their bodies and hairs  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim women cover their bodies and hairs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

AbRah,

I worked for a facility that dealt with Children with Psychiatric problems and for a Domestic Violence shelter (which included a rape hotline).  I am more than qualified and trained on the issue of rape.  I have seen the disgusting after effects and victims and trust me.  A 20 year old girl wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt is not a sexy vixen asking to be raped.  You just want to blame the victims to support your perverted view of the world.

My response:  What is your professional qualification?

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:30pm

Abrah wrote:

"My response: I won't blame anybody unless I know exactly what happen before, during and after the rape and the motives of the rape. Men should not rape women and women should not wear clothes or behave in such a way that incite men to rape them."

Assalamu Alaikum:

Rape is an act of violence, not a sexual act. Anyone who states otherwise is ignorant of the facts. The victims of rape range from newborn babies, to elderly women, to men. To state that someone is raped because of the clothes they wear is a gross misstatement, and actually quite offensive. What could a baby possibly be wearing that would cause sexual excitement in a man? What about an elderly woman or another man? There are women and children who are raped in the Middle East and other Muslim majority countries. These women are usually wearing hijab. And the Janjaweed are raping babies, girls, and women in record numbers. These women are wearing hijab.

Men who commit rape are predators who enjoy the control and violence of the situation. They are not normal, nor is their sexual drive. What excites them has nothing to do with normal sexual desire. It is the issue of violence and having full control.

I find it very troubling that anyone would blame a rape victim for their attack. Just as it would trouble me if a murder victim were blamed for being murdered.

< name=entry =/cgi-bin/dictionary method=post>

Main Entry: rape

Function: noun
1 : an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force
2 : unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against the will usually of a female or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent -- compare
SEXUAL ASSAULT, STATUTORY RAPE
3 : an outrageous violation

Available data greatly underestimate the true magnitude of the problem. Rape is one of the most underreported crimes. In 2002, only 39% of rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials (DOJ 2003). While not an exhaustive list, here are some statistics on the occurrence of sexual violence.

• About 2 out of 1000 children in the United States were confirmed by child protective service agencies as having experienced sexual assault in 2003 (DHHS 2005).  See child maltreatment fact sheet for more information.
  • Among high school youth nationwide:
    • About 9% of students reported that they had been forced to have sexual intercourse.
    • Female students are more likely than male students to report sexual assault (11.9% vs. 6.1%). 
    • Overall, 12.3% of Black students, 10.4% of Hispanic students, and 7.3% of White students reported that they had been forced to have sexual intercourse (CDC 2004).
  • Among college students nationwide, between 20% and 25% of women reported experiencing completed or attempted rape (Fisher, Cullen, and Turner 2000).
  • Among adults nationwide:
    • More than 300,000 women (0.3%) and over 90,000 men (0.1%) reported being raped in the previous 12 months.
    • One in six women (17%) and one in thirty-three men (3%) reported experiencing an attempted or completed rape at some time in their lives.
    • Rape usually occurs more than once. Among adults who report being raped, women experienced 2.9 rapes and men experienced 1.2 rapes in the previous year (Tjaden and Thoennes 2000).
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:37pm

Angela said: Rape is a women do not want to admit to when its real?  Why would a woman every lie about such a thing?  It happens, but such a small amount its unbelieveable you even use it as an excuse.

My response: It is a small amount to you but it is a large amount to me!  Lets us see what you have quoted: Women falsely accuse men of rape. Fact: Such accusations account for only 2% of reported rapes.

Let us assume that there are 1 000 000 cases of rape in USA. How many men are framed women? Lets me calculate.

The number of men who are falsely accused of raping women

= 1 000 000 x 2/100

=10 000 men will end up in jails.

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:47pm

There are certain motives that incite men to rape and two of the motives are women who are naked, semi-naked or wear clothes or behave in such a way that they become sexual objects that incite men to rape the women. Some rapists will not rape the victims on the spot but they will rape the women when the opportunites, space and time exist for them to rape!  I don't condone rapists. In fact I hate the rapists as much as you do!

1) There are rapists who are influenced by deviant sexual arousal, which occurs when he has thoughts of violence against women. This type is likely to be extremely impulsive.

2) There are rapists who are motivated by cognitive distortions, or thinking errors; he mistakenly interprets events or information differently than other men would. He believes that some women enjoy being raped, or want to be raped. For this type, rape is part of a conquest, a way of demonstrating masculinity. Most date rapists are belong to this group.

3) There are rapists who are motivated by anger or emotional discontrol. These men are so angry, especially at women, that the only way for them to deal with their anger is to act out sexually toward women. Not surprisingly, this type is the most violent and most dangerous.

4) There are rapists who are the repeat offenders. He is most likely to have been physically or sexually abused as a child. He has difficulty establishing enduring relationships, and a history of chronic problems in schools or in his family. Type 4 men break a variety of rules, both sexual and nonsexual.

You can ask a behavioral researcher why men rape and he says they just get turned on by the wrong stimuli!

Islam gives us a good way to follow to minimise the probability of rape:

The Quran, the Muslim's holy scripture, clearly enjoins Muslim men and women to dress and behave modestly. Muslim women are specifically instructed to cover their heads when in the presence of non-mahrem (potentially marriageable) men: 

Surah Al-Nur (the Light) (24:31) in the Quran states: "They (the believing women) should draw their head coverings over their bosoms...". . Surah Al-Ahzab (33:59) states: "O Prophet [PBUH] Tell thy wives and daughters and the believing women that they should put on their outer garments; that is most convenient in order that THEY MAY BE RECOGNIZED (as Muslims) and not be molested."

Both of the above Quranic references instruct the Muslim woman to cover herself with a large, loose overcoat (jilbab) and full head covering (khimar) so that no provocative part of her body will be visible. Her modest appearance would MAKE IT CLEAR TO EVERYONE THAT SHE IS A CHASTE, BELIEVING WOMAN, and no one is to molest her or sexually exploit her.

According to Islam a woman or girl should be accompanied by her parents, brothers, husbands or uncles who will look after her to minimise the chances of getting raped.

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by AbRah2006 AbRah2006 wrote:

Angela said: Rape is a women do not want to admit to when its real?  Why would a woman every lie about such a thing?  It happens, but such a small amount its unbelieveable you even use it as an excuse.

My response: It is a small amount to you but it is a large amount to me!  Lets us see what you have quoted: Women falsely accuse men of rape. Fact: Such accusations account for only 2% of reported rapes.

Let us assume that there are 1 000 000 cases of rape in USA. How many men are framed women? Lets me calculate.

The number of men who are falsely accused of raping women

= 1 000 000 x 2/100

=10 000 men will end up in jails.

Actually, even in these times rape is still difficult to prove. Many men who actually commit rape do not go to jail. Even those who do go to jail do not always spend much time behind bars. Especially men who commit child rape.

You know Brother, defending rapists is not good dawah..... In Islam the rapist is put to death, as it should be.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:50pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

Well Brother Abrah, if you are ever raped, I hope that you will not be accused of wearing the wrong clothes that caused the rapist to attack you, thereby making it your fault.

I do not wear hijab to stop rape. If someone wants to rape, the way you are dressed will not stop them. I wear hijab for MY modesty.

AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 12:51pm

Dear Mishmish....I am not defending rapists and I wish I can protect women from the devils. Please read my statement http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5016& ;PN=1&TPN=2

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2006 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by AbRah2006 AbRah2006 wrote:

My questions for AnnieTwo and George:

[COLOR=#0000ff size=3]Why do the Christian missionaries and priests molest and rape their followers in the churches etc? Why the church sex scandals <SPAN =line]spans spectrum of churches in USA etc? What cause the Christian missionaries and priests  to molest and rape their followers etc?COLOR]

According to the Vatican priest CANNOT be married.

So I guess lack of sex makes priest wana molest and rape boys.

Please!!!! If it was lack of sex they could hire a prostitute...  These are sick pedophiles. Any one who rapes is a sick individual.

Why not ask Abrah why this happens. Were the boys dressed too provocatively?

To blame women for the way they dress is ridiculous and actually rather pathetic. Have men become so weak that they use any excuse for their sins?

Make men responsible for their own actions. Doesn't Allah(SWT)?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic