IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - veiling  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

veiling

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 5:58am

Assalamu alaikum,

Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

The bottom line is that our individual researches has lead us to believe differently. Thus it will futile for me to respond to your various comments, we will only be going around in circles and may end up causing Fitnah. Auzo Billahe minash Shaitanir-Rajim.

Sometimes in our eagerness to do good, we normally end up causing more harm. May Allah Ta'ala forgive us our shortcomings Ameen!

I love all my Muslim sisters where ever they are on the face of this earth of Allah's Sake and for HIS SAKE alone.

Very well said, Sister.  I also wish to make it very clear, as I signed my last post, that I fully support and love all my Sisters in Islam.  We may be at different places in our understanding of Islam and what is expected of us, but we are all still of the same community.  Let us all work at learning more and more and keeping our feet on the straight path and our hearts full of love and worship to Allah.

May Allah help us all in our research, study and understanding of His great gifts to us - the Qur'an and Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh).  Over and above everything, there is a certainty - Allahu alam!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 6:04am

Bismillah,

JazzakAllahKhayr Sister Khadija for your effort and constancy.  You state succintly what I feel.  Thank you again.  You and I have strong opinions, and I am sure we will disagree on topics in the future.  However, I have no apprehension that you will quote a scholar as saying all who disagree with you are destined for punishment in hellfire.

Flower, I re-read my post and yours as you requested and fail to see any insult directed from me to you.

Umzibba and Al-Wardah, I reiterate my comment that in the postings you paste from others, scholars or authors, insults and threats are consistently present.  That is up to you, but it would be forthright to recognize this is present in your statements because you are posting information that you believe in, and those postings clearly state that people who believe as I do are hypocrites, non-practicers of their faith, weak in many other areas of faith, and/or doomed to hellfire.  I have asked sisters before to skip the step of quoting hellfire, but alas, I realize that it has not as yet had any effect.

The reality in this world is that many sisters do not wear hijab and many do.  We need to develop ways of talking to each other, instead of around or through or just making statements for the sake of it.  I want to work with you on issues related to strenghtening our sisterhood, our community.  We need mutual respect in order to do that, as well as true concern and care for our feelings and ideas and yes, lives.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2005 at 6:16am

Assalamu alaikum,

Dear Sister Khadija (and any others who are feeling this way),

Please be certain that I do not hold any ill toward anyone (well, maybe a few world political leaders...).  Everyone is entitled to their opinions.  When something is so clear (in Arabic) in the Qur'an, it is always baffling why it becomes so muddled in translations.  Perhaps that is all a part of the trial of this life - Allahu alam.

Please do be certain that I hold neither animosity nor ill nor do I think less of or frown upon anyone of my Muslim Sisters.  Faith is a very personal thing.  When we bring it into a public forum, tensions can form.  The issue of hijab is one that just goes round and round.  I have no issue with Sisters who choose not to wear it.  I only have issue with those who would proclaim that it is not obligatory.  Qualifying that with "it is my own personal opinion", makes it just so, and that is fine.

I would just add that, this issue causes far too much fitnah - but, it is still important for us to examine it, study it and try to understand it.  That doesn't mean we are in the middle of a great big cat fight!  It means we all care so passionately that we can't help comment.

As for myself, I can't say I shall never comment on the issue again.  If all the ill felt toward me, all the hurt and all the nastiness (sometimes - I'm not being specific here) could be counterbalanced by just one Sister seeing the truth of the issue, it all becomes worth it.

But, for now, no more.  I love you all for the sake of Allah and I'd far rather exchange recipes or talk gardening than get all tangled in this mess.........

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
ASHI View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASHI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 9:32pm

ohh so much is happening here

well regd me...i sometimes wear hijab n sometimes dont....but i personally think that hijab is obligatory in Islam....

but i feel bad when girls/women wearing hijab do wrong things n cause much more humiliation 2 Islam n to Muslimat.....

like if u go 2 a movie theatre here in india....(n i am tellin india coz i dunno bout other countries) u will certainly see the hall filled with women in Burqas in majority! maybe some wud feel that they too have the right 2 see movies....n i really dunno wot 2 say bout this...if it is right or wrong....but i dont like it personally...

some girls start from their home wearing full hijab /niqab n once they r out...the hijab/niqab is gone with the wind! uhhh it really irritates me....

n wot is more imp is even while wearing hijab they dont seem 2 realize the main purpose behind wearing it....shudnt they realize that it is 2 protect their modesty that they r supposed 2 wear it...

i mean wots the point if they roam around with guys n display stupid actions even while wearing hijab....

or 4 that matter gossip nonsense even among a girls group....all the while wearing a hijab....it disgusts me 2 no end....

this is wot i get 2 see here....n i feel all this creates a bad name 4 the hijab than doing any gud 2 islam....

u know wot some of my non-muslim friends say...they say that "hijab/burqa of u muslim girls is gud 2 get away with identification when u r doing some thing wrong....", "we see so many girls in Burqa/hijab in parks with their boyfriends", "most of the girls in parks r in burqas".....

n i really feel insulted n it saddens me 2 no end about wot hijaab was truly meant 4 n wot it is being used 4....

i try 2 tell them that maybe they r not regular wearers of hijaab or even non-muslims but r wearing it 2 conceal their identity....which is wrong....

Edited by ASHI
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2005 at 10:32pm
a good example of abolishing the grammar rules of sweet english language...
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 4:04am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

... and what is wrong in watching a movie in a burqa? Please explain.

I read recently that women in India are joinng gyms in a burqa, and I thought it was a good move. perhaps you would want to throw some light on this as well

Maa salaama

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
queenie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 9:37am

Personally I don't see what is wrong with watching movies in a burqa either? If watching movies is not allowed in islam (which by the way I don't know if it is or isn't), then a person shouldn't be watching it regardless of whether they are in a burqa or not. The hijab is an issue on its own and shouldn't be confused with others. Like for example how is it OK for a muslim girl who does not wear a hijaab,to stand in public with a fag in her mouth. Yet when the hijaabi does it the sin or punishment is greater? Obviously I understand that it just looks wrong. But hey that still doesn't change the fact that both of them are equally wrong.

as for the girls in burqas roaming around with guys....how do you know they are not married? It beats me why a girl would go see her man all covered up? surely if its a date you'd like to show him your beauty not hide it? you should give people benefit of the doubt.

alhumdulillah i cannot relate to you ashi. as here in london more and more young muslim women are leaving their bad ways and are donning the hijab and actually changing their lifestyle, other muslims around should learn to be tolerant and realise that the change for the better is not gping to come overnight and people will still make mistakes in their process and insha allah learn from it. when we see someone doing somthing we feel is islamicallyt incorrect we should give naseeha to them, preferably in private and without embarassing the. but whatever action we take i don't think we should judge others because we should fear allah as islam is a journey and we shouldn't think oh just because i'm practising today i'll be practising my religion tommorow. you never know the people you slander today may be raised at a higher level than yourself in allahs eyes tommorow.

hakeema View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hakeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 10:56am

As-Salaam Alaikum sisters,

Queenie I hear you.  Good point. 

Hakeema

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic