IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - No One in America is Safe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No One in America is Safe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by aspacia aspacia wrote:

Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

I beg to differ with you.  bin Laden declared war on us in 1993, and we weren't listening. 
Will you invite me to your 15th birthday?

This is an ad hominem attack.  Wink  I am probably much older, and far better educated than most on this site. 

Wonderful, tell me my  arrogant friend, do you really know whose company you keep when posting on this website. The person you are addressing AKA Whisper is light years ahead of you. Perhaps you should substitute "Indoctrinated" instead of "Educated. BTW, have you ever ventured out of your special little world and experienced other cultures?

Quote So Bin Laden just declared war as if it were part of some script written by some cocaine junkie?
And, it had nada to do with the American occupation of Muslim lands?
And, he had a following only because people didn't like the American faces?
Just like that!
No causes, just the effect. Love your poetry.

bin Laden is worried about Western contamination of Islamic culture.   We helped him oust the Soviets, and then he and the Taliban created one of the most totalitarian, theocratic regimes in the Middle-East. 

Occupation?  Iraq had free elections, and has Sharia Law.  This irks many citizens, but this is Iraq, and the people must make their own laws.

Al Quaida is on the run with its tail tucked between its tails.   That is, we are winning. 

BTW, prose, not poetry is more my game.LOL
[/QUOTE]

And tell me most educated one, if Al Queda is running why hasn't the "most elite" army in the world caught the cave dweller known as Bin Laden?
Guess it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt! We all have our bad days..
fools paradise!

Edited by mariyah - 20 July 2008 at 7:01pm
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salams_wife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2008 at 1:40pm

Hayfa and Salam's Wife why not let the pobre chap win in his most special fool's paradise?

I suppose ignorance is bliss at times.
aspacia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspacia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

Al Quaida is on the run with its tail tucked between its tails.   That is, we are winning. 

Winning? What are we winning? Do tell.. We are ain debt, hundreds of thousands of people are dead or maimed all throughout the region and in this country. Fuel and food prices are through the roof in many places and people are starving.

We spent billions of dollars to go after who?? The US is in debt for years to come..

You are repeating many of the left's claims.  The left made this same claim regarding the First Gulf War against Saddam.  Within four years, we had a surplus.

We took out a bad guy, who massacred, murdered, and tortured his own people.  For twelve years he would not abide by the sanctions, and was aided and abetted by several members of the UN.  To date, the UN refuses to make transparent the Oil for Food documentation.

Quote We have destabalized regions. We are still fighting the "Taliban" in Afghanistan.. we run the mayor of Kabul-Karzi... We control little of that country.. and we helped a country with continual invasions to be invaded again.. therefore not allowing anything to come to those people.

The region was already destabilized and very violent.  That is, lawless.  Many from this area were attacking their corrupt governments, Western business interests, but also massacring other Muslims.  To date, more Muslims have been murdered by their brethren, than any Western or Israeli force.

Quote We are hated in the world, whereas that used to not be the case..

Nope, the Ugly American phenomena was around Europe during the 50's. Europeans and Brits often said they do not like the Yanks in spite of the fact we saved them, and rebuilt our mortal enemy's infastructure.  LOL, when I was ten,  my British Uncle Bill once told me that he did not like Yanks.

quote] or shall I say it is mostly the US govt.. but the US citizens seem not to care and keep voting them into office.. so maybe it is the US population..[/quote]

At least we vote, and 48% voted for Gore and Kerry.  Most in the Middle-East, China, South America, Africa do not have this option.  Also, I, (long-term Democrat) and my long-term Republican other, did not vote for Bush either time.

Quote We went to war for oil and poftits

Many make this claim.  However, I disagree and believe Iraq was invaded more as an act of revenge because Hussain attempted to assassinate Bush Sr. 

True, wars are very expensive; it would have been cheaper in blood and gold to lift the sanctions. 

Quote and yet have the US people benefited with anything close to cheap oil and gas?

No, but the Iraqis soon may, at lease most citizens hope so, for their sake and for our geopolitical interests.

Quote Because the current government and its cronies in certain businesses act without impunity..the small person all over the world is being squeezed.

Really, what about Enron, ToyKo, etc.?  Halliburton was fined as well.  Generally, these interests do have too much influence in Congress.

Quote Considering anyone with knowledge from inside,, we have no idea what we are doing in Iraq.. the sands are shifting.. and who really is Al-Queda in Iraq.. lots of smokesscreens to peer through..

The only people who are "winning" are the multibillion corporations.

I hope you are wrong, and more than one watchdog group is going after government contractors.  One is currently serving time for selling unstable ammunition.

BTW, I do not trust any politician, world leader or business interests.  Many, like Kennedy, Rummy, Cheney, Arnold, are simply opportunistic power seekers who are very rich in their own right.  This sentiment hold true for all world and business leaders, especially the UN.Wink
Curious
aspacia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspacia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 7:31am

Hayfa and Salam's Wife why not let the pobre chap win in his most special fool's paradise?

LMFAO, this person is no fool, and is female.  Also, I believe it is a sin in Islam to call a person a fool.  I know it is in Christianity.  Read Matthew for insight.LOL
Curious
aspacia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspacia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 7:42am

I am probably much older, and far better educated than most on this site.

It's an established fact that when we are lacking somewhere, we compensate by laying such tall claims. I simply wish all this education could reflect, even as a shadow, somehow, somewhere.

But, never mind, we have seen quite a few Fool Blooded Amreekans here in our time.

Too funny, I only stated the facts because a poster thought I was still a teenager.

Only half, I am a fourth Scots, and a fourth Brit.  That is, Celt and Anglo Saxon. 

Oh, another double entendre, personal attack, or is it just an attack against all U.S. citizens? 

I continually hear the xenophobe card played here against the U.S., however, it is more apparent in the posters who lose a claim.  LOL
Curious
aspacia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspacia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Actually far from tucking tail and running the Taliban have had a resurgence in Afghanistan and last month more U.S. soldiers died in Afghanistan than in Iraq. Not to mention all of the civilians killed in U.S. bombings.

Specifically, nine were killed by the Taliban.  It was an outpost of 75 troops, and the Taliban had 200.  The payback, similar to Falluja, will not be pleasant for the Taliban.  Remember, we have drones entering Pakistan and nailing the bad guys.  Or, do you support the Taliban, and how they ruled when in power?

Quote Al Qaeda was not in Iraq until we let them in, if they are indeed there.

They did have a few training camps, and Saddam was giving a chunk of change to suicide bombers' families.

Quote How will we ever know between the invading troops, the militias, the death squads and all of the other factions our government unleashed in it's quest for oil and domination in the Middle East.

Again with the oil card!  I hope that the Iraqis will benefit from the oil contracts recently initiated by other countries, not only the U.S.  I hope this allows gainful employment for the Iraqis. They benefit, and so do we.

Occupation?  Iraq had free elections, and has Sharia Law.  This irks many citizens, but this is Iraq, and the people must make their own laws.

Quote Well, if you call elections under a military occupation by a country that handpicked the leaders free elections then you are right. Iraq is far from under Shariah law. As long as the U.S. military is the true governing authority in Iraq then they are under martial law. And once the military pulls out, although our military never completely pulls out of a country once we have gone in, then there will be genocide.

We are staying to prevent a genocide and to protect our interests, and this is a Middle-Eastern ally on Syria and Iran's doorstep.  Be happy the Surge is working.

Quote So yeah, I would say that we are winning...  Let's get ready to goose step into Iran.

The goose step is an Arab trait.  Mein Kampf and The Protocols of the Elders of Zion are best sellers in the Middle-East.

Does the U.S. implement numerous covert and overt violent actions.  Yes, but so do many other countries.  Remember Black Hawk Down?  We were sending food to the starving Somalia, and 18 of our troops were massacred.  We also send supplies to Burma, now Myamar.

Edited by aspacia - 21 July 2008 at 7:59am
Curious
aspacia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aspacia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:16am
Originally posted by mariyah mariyah wrote:

I beg to differ with you.  bin Laden declared war on us in 1993, and we weren't listening. 
Will you invite me to your 15th birthday?

This is an ad hominem attack.  Wink  I am probably much older, and far better educated than most on this site. 

Quote Wonderful, tell me my  arrogant friend,

Another personal attack that is off topic.  Stating facts is not arrogance.

Quote do you really know whose company you keep when posting on this website.

Nope, just curious and attempting to understand.

Quote The person you are addressing AKA Whisper is light years ahead of you.

Never said he/she was or was not.  What has this to do with the topic?

Quote Perhaps you should substitute "Indoctrinated" instead of "Educated.

Too funny considering the fact that the two universities I attended are very liberal.  Actually, several of my teachers were avowed communists, and disliked capitalism.    FYI, I read Gulf News, Ah-Ahrem, Al Jazeera, Palestinian Chronicle, along with liberal and conservative Western and Israeli media.  That is, I peruse both Haaretz and Arutz Sheva for insight regarding the issues;

http://www.themedialine.org/
http://www.mideastweb.org/nutshell.htm

That is, I attempt to understand all sides of the debate. 

Again, typical intolerance for an opposing viewpoint.  How very sad.

Quote BTW, have you ever ventured out of your special little world and experienced other cultures?

LOL Lived in the UK for a summer, traveled to France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Mexico.  My other half and I enjoy Globe Trotter, and other shows to better understand different cultures.  I live between So. Cal., and Nevada, and am surrounded by a very diverse cultures and languages.  Last quarter I had a Japanese, Farsi, Spanish speaking students. 
LOL

Quote So Bin Laden just declared war as if it were part of some script written by some cocaine junkie?
And, it had nada to do with the American occupation of Muslim lands?
And, he had a following only because people didn't like the American faces?
Just like that!
No causes, just the effect. Love your poetry.

bin Laden is worried about Western contamination of Islamic culture.   We helped him oust the Soviets, and then he and the Taliban created one of the most totalitarian, theocratic regimes in the Middle-East. 

BTW, prose, not poetry is more my game.LOL

Quote And tell me most educated one, if Al Queda is running why hasn't the "most elite" army in the world caught the cave dweller known as Bin Laden?

Because Bush is/was Cheney and Rummys puppet.  He did not listen to Powell.  Bush took his eye off the ball seeking revenge against the butcher, and justified it by claiming that Hussain was not abiding by the sanctions and WMD.  BTW, several tons of yellowcake was recently shipped from Iraq to Canada.

Quote Guess it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt! We all have our bad days..
fools paradise!

An you have not provided one valid refute to any of my claims; just person attacks.

Also, isn't it a sin to call a person a fool in Islam?  I sure is in Christianity.  Read Jesus' words in Matthew.

Clap

Please lose the overemotional childish responses, and does not enlighten, and simply makes you look silly.

Clap

Curious
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 1:43pm

Because Bush is/was Cheney and Rummys puppet.  He did not listen to Powell.  Bush took his eye off the ball seeking revenge against the butcher, and justified it by claiming that Hussain was not abiding by the sanctions and WMD.  BTW, several tons of yellowcake was recently shipped from Iraq to Canada.

This yellowcake thing should have been a  full page head line news! This would have absolved Bush and saved his legacy  in a sec reversing his dissapproval !
 How did I miss it! Where is it?
Yellow cake without finding the elaborate enrichment facility in over five years of occupation is like police planting the evidence you acting an unwitting accomplice!

I don't think it will ever garner support and respect for your arguments in the future if you believe in such hogwash!

This begs the next question;do you have any foggiest idea and have an education to fathom how the uranium enrichment facility looks like for real?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 21 July 2008 at 2:30pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic