IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Moon (Part 2)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Moon (Part 2)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

All of which is exactly what one would expect from natural phenomena, as I have explained repeatedly.� Of course you're not going to see the pollution directly.� It's dark outside (also a natural phenomenon, called "night").

You still don't understand. The moon was not suposed to be at the position in the first place. If you look at the pics I've posted in the 27 June 2015 yo will see where the moon is really supposed to be.

Also it was not any form of pollution. The moon lost it's light.

La Ilaha IllAllah
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

By the way, last evening and this morning we have been witnessing a very weird atmospheric effect on the appearance of the sun in our region.� In the evenings and mornings, the sun has a very vivid and intense orange colour.It's hard to describe.� We are accustomed to orange and red colours during sunset and sunrise, but what I'm talking about is as much as an hour or more before sunset and after sunrise.� Because it is so high in the sky, it is almost as bright as at noon, so both the colour and the intensity are spectacular.� It almost feels like we're on another planet.The cause, according to Environment Canada, is a number of large forest fires to the north and west of us, blowing smoke into our upper atmosphere.Or it could be a miracle. [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />

Yes I cam understand all this but what happened here was not the same. What I saw was a miracle.
La Ilaha IllAllah
airmano View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote airmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 1:20pm
Why don' you simply download free software like "Google Skymap" to you smart phone. It will calculate the position of all visible celestial bodies including the moon and show in real time where they are supposed to be at a given moment.

Then post again.

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 29 June 2015 at 1:21pm
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses (Albert Einstein 1954, in his "Gods Letter")
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

You still don't understand. The moon was not suposed to be at the position in the first place. If you look at the pics I've posted in the 27 June 2015 yo will see where the moon is really supposed to be.

You do realize, I hope, that the moon rises and sets at different positions (as well as different times) every day throughout the month.  I'm not sure how you decide where the moon is "supposed to be", but if you use the Heavens Above star chart that I've already linked to a few times, you can calculate where astronomers suppose it ought to be.  Let me know -- better still, let the astronomers at the aforementioned Sharjah Centre for Astonomy and Space know -- if it's somewhere else.

Quote Also it was not any form of pollution. The moon lost it's light.

How do you know?  Do you think it would look any different if it was dimming due to air pollution?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 5:59am
I think the moon was supposed to be somewhere else because it is at it's 'correct' position now. I have never seen the moon that low in the horizon but once which was last year Ramadan.

You can deny this miracle all you want but it was a miracle nonetheless. Believe or not believe, it doesn't bother me in the least.

Just look at the pics.
La Ilaha IllAllah
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2015 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

Originally posted by Tim the plumber Tim the plumber wrote:

Could it be that you do not know where the Moon is supposed to be?Could it be that you were mistaken?It could be that there was an optical effect causing a miarge which altered the location of the Moon in the sky as you were seeing it but I would then expect lots of people to have noticed it and it would then have made the news. The Moon certainly has not moved out of it's expected place in the universe.

The moon was NOT where IT was supposed to be :)

No optical effects or illusion but a clear miracle.

1, Why did nobody else notice this?

2, Why was this not seen from elsewhere on Earth?

3, How would you be able to tell if it was an optical effect due to atmospheric conditions? If it was then this is very interesting. If it is reliable then it would be facinating to see it.

4, What message do you suppose it would mean if it was something God did just for you? Why would he do this and not just tell you that message?

Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 2:36am

1, Why did nobody else notice this?

I suppose nobody else was looking.

2, Why was this not seen from elsewhere on Earth?

How can I answer this question?

3, How would you be able to tell if it was an optical effect due to atmospheric conditions? If it was then this is very interesting. If it is reliable then it would be facinating to see it.

I find it strange that somebody would wait until Ramadan time to do this 'optical effect'. Like I said previously the moon was 'normal' when I got there, meaning that the light was bright. Then after about 10 mins it diminishes and disappears. It is also strange that the moon was at that location, low on the horizon.

4, What message do you suppose it would mean if it was something God did just for you? Why would he do this and not just tell you that message?

The message would be "...go and report this phenomena to the members at Islamicity forum and if anyone believes and follow the Straight Path then they will receive a great reward unimaginable".
La Ilaha IllAllah
Tim the plumber View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim the plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2015 at 2:46am
The moon is low on the horizon a lot of the time.

I am not suggesting that somebody deliberately set up some sort of optical effect. I mean that atmospheric conditions can produce naturally conditions which cause a lensing effect of light which can make things be seen which would normally not be. This is not happening inside your eyes or just for you. A mirarge is a real effect.

I don't actually think that this happened here though. That is because I don't think there is anything unusual to talk about here. The Moon was low in the sky, it was setting, some clouds whent in front of it, they were not visable as it was night and the light from the city made the stars not visable so the clouds could not be seen, then the clouds moved on, the Moon was then back to being visable but lower in the sky as it continued to set, the rotation of the Earth causing the Moon to move below the horizon.

Star gazing is fun and a good exploration of the world. Give it a try. Try predicting where the Moon will be tonight.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 33>
  Share Topic