IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What Did You Say, Honey?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What Did You Say, Honey?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 5:11pm

Interesting research - women use more words per day then men do - cz we have better linguistic/expressive skills. Anyhoo, so I read this research that said that by the time Men come home - they have already used up most of thier natural word limit at the workplace. Wheras women still have a lot left (especially if they have been alone at home and have had no one to talk to) . . . so they have a tendency to verbally approach issues way more then men, who just seem to phase out and go into their "nothing box". Might explain the above scenario.

This may explain some of what we see. But it is funny how men run out.. .lol kinda like the car is out of gas and women are like hybrids plug and go...lol
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 6:33pm
"...phase out and go into their "nothing box".

You mean the uh huh, uh huh, yeah, yep, right, that's nice...."nothing box" mode?

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2010 at 6:42pm

scenario #1

Woman says:
"I know what you did."
What she's really saying:
"You have a guilty look on your face. You must have done something wrong and I'm going to get you by saying something ambiguous."
Man responds:
"I don't know what you're talking about."
What he's really saying:
"She found out about what I did. I know I did 5 things wrong, which one did she find out about? Just play dumb, keep denying everything and remember to say 'I love you' a couple of times."

scenario #2

Woman says:
"I'm feeling sick."
"After all the times I took care of you, this is your chance to prove to me that you love me and take care of me."
Man responds:
"It'll probably pass, give it some time"
What he's really saying:
"Oh no, here we go again with the I'm sick routine. I hope she doesn't want to go see a doctor because the Lakers are playing the Knicks in 30 minutes.

scenario #3

Woman says:
"I hate you, get away from me."
"I love you so much, I want you to come after me and hold me, so I can feel secure again and know that you love me. Please tell me you love me."
Man responds:
"I'm sorry baby, I promise I won't do it again, please don't leave, I'm begging for your forgiveness."
What he's really saying:
"Please don't go, who is going to cook for me? If you need me to say some stuff about promises and I love you, I will.

scenario #4

Woman says:
"Nothing is wrong."
"What do you mean, what's wrong? Don't you know what you did, you st**id jerk? You play with my feelings and my emotions, and have the audacity to ask me what's wrong? I hate you."
Man responds:
"Okay."
What he's really saying:
"Yes! She didn't tell me what's wrong, so I'm not going to ask. Last time I insisted she tell me what's wrong, we talked for an hour ."

scenario #5

Woman says:
"We need to talk."
"We have some problems and the best way to clear those problems is by communicating in a respectful and cordial manner."
Man responds:
"What do we need to talk about?"
What he's really saying:
"Please don't start talking about your feelings and analyzing why I said that thing about your mother."

scenario #6

Woman says:
"Do I look fat in this dress?"
"I hope he's still attracted to me. Please tell me how great I look, because it has been so long since you told me I looked beautiful."
Man responds:
"Not that much."
What he's really saying:
"Man you gained weight, don't you see you've gained weight? Why are you asking me if you look fat? It's a rhetorical question, of course you do. Ask me this again and I might even tell you to your face."

scenario #7

Woman says:
"I'm thirsty."
"I want you to realize that I have a problem. I'm thirsty. Please get up and get me a glass of water, to show me you care."
Man responds:
"So? Get up and get a glass of water."
What he's really saying:
"So? Get up and get a glass of water."

wisdomseeker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wisdomseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2010 at 2:30am
Great!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic