IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Truth about Islam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Truth about Islam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Originally posted by Delta Delta wrote:

the Qu'ran is the absolute word of God revealed to man

you change and make adulterations of the Word of God in your heart and mind...by your own choice

what a shame

Delta,
its a shame that you don't read what I said. It looks as if you don't have a point rather an agenda.
Can you tell me where have I "change and make adulterations" to the word of God?
Truth about Islam is that it is the only religion that bring people to the worship of their creator alone, accepts all of His prophets and message given to them from God. There is none other that do the same.
By the way don't you know anything to say of yourself rather than cut and paste of someone else's mind?

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:11pm

Well, I see that this forum is totally filtered and biased,...it wasn't that way... a shame

No, it is not. It is just that the link you provided leads to articles written by unknown men and a woman, who are Closet Apostates, like Ali Sina, writing at FFI and other hate sites, which are totally biased against Muslims only.

Perhaps you can answer my doubt :

If the Qu'ran is the Verbatim Word of God unchanged, how does the muslims interpret the Qu'ran ? literally or not ?

If it isn't interpreted literally then you make changes and adulterations to the verbatim word of God by your own choice

If you make it literally then...

The substance and the essence of the message remains the same, whichever way, one interptrets. Are you referring to translations in English by various translators?

BMZ
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by BMZ BMZ wrote:

No, it is not. It is just that the link you provided leads to articles written by unknown men and a woman, who are Closet Apostates, like Ali Sina, writing at FFI and other hate sites, which are totally biased against Muslims only.

This forum was one of the best interfaith discussion board, months or a year ago....but it turned to be the worst I ever saw

I totally agree that you as a moderator should ban and filter personal attacks, disrespecting people

As for religion, I must say that I hate Islam, make that very clear. But not muslims as you and all of you. I attack Islam, not persons, i.e., muslims

And to prove you that you are Biased, I never quoted Ali Sina articles or his website

you are wrong

I gave you a link to a article of Mohammad Asghar in another site

However, why are you so afraid about Ali "Sinner" as you like to name him ?

If you are so secure about your faith, you will find all answers and get back with any scratch in your believes

The substance and the essence of the message remains the same, whichever way, one interptrets. Are you referring to translations in English by various translators?

No it is not

take your Arabic version and a medina sura verse

The Medina verses had a number of paragraphs negative towards the Jews and Christians

so it is enough to ask you :

Do you interpret them literally or you make just your personal interpretation ?

You already know that I hate Islam and not muslims, so you are free to take the next step

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2008 at 10:07pm

Delta,

Before I comment further, I would like to know if you ARE really a Christian?

Yes or No?

Your hating Islam does not bother Muslims or me. You may continue to hate Islam. LOL I don't have to take any further steps on that. Could you quote some Medinah verses which you want to discuss? Do that in small bites, please.

BMZ

Edited to add on the last para.

Edited by BMZ - 08 May 2008 at 10:51pm
Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 12:38am

Delta,

Before I comment further, I would like to know if you ARE really a Christian?

Yes or No?

Roman Catholic

Could you quote some Medinah verses which you want to discuss? Do that in small bites, please.

Sura 9:5

http://quranexplorer.com/

myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 3:38am
Delta, many verses in the Quran can be interpreted literally and the meanings are straight forward and clearest. A Muslim reads Quran and comprehends the clearest verses and understands what he/she should understand. However, if one does not understand a verse or verses (if they be honest and not biased or intended) they simply say  that they don�t understand that or this verse.

On the other hand, even if there are different interpretations then you can not conclude that the Quran is changed. At last you can say you are not sure about interpretations, but this opens a window to do research to find the truth. The Quran is the Quran in truth. The literal as well as possible underlying meanings do not change in fact.

I should emphasize that there may be wrong interpretations but it does not imply that the Quran must have been changed. A sincere Muslim does read Quran and act according to what he/she understands without a doubt and tries to more comprehend the
(literal and non-literal) right meanings sincerely. The guidance would be from Allah swt.

Edited by myahya - 09 May 2008 at 4:11am
Delta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by myahya myahya wrote:

On the other hand, even if there are different interpretations then you can not conclude that the Quran is changed.

verbatim is verbatim, absolute is absolute,

complete, perfect; pure; unlimited; definite, positive; not relative

this is what islam claims about the Qu'ran

I didn't conclude the Qu'ran is changed, but rather it is being changed all the way by each people interpretation

Reading a passage of the Quran in context does not mean just reading it with the preceding and following verses.

You have to also know the sha�ne nozool, i.e. the historic context, why and in what occasion Muhammad said a certain verse. That is why you have tafseer.

Tafseer is the interpretation of the Quran. Tafseer means interpreting, clarifying, expounding. It is derived from fasara, which means "to explain, to open or to unveil"

Many books of tafseer have been written.

Does this mean that you can't interpret the absolute word of God, the Verbatim Word of God ?

Logically, being absolute word of God, there is no other way of  interpretation other than that of Bin Laden

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2008 at 5:59pm

But speaking of verse 9:5 you need only read the preceding and following verses to understand the interpretation.

Literally speaking, since the verses clearly state the Messenger of Allah was present, then these verses are speaking of a specific time and a specific treaty. They would not literally be addressing a time other than that of The Prophet Mohammed.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic