IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - False prophets  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

False prophets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOUBERAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2010 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by islamispeace islamispeace wrote:

Originally posted by JOUBERAR JOUBERAR wrote:

RESPONSE TO JOUBERAR:

I asked you for evidence of Paul's claims.  What proof did he provide for his claims?  Why is Paul telling the truth but Muhammad is not?  I did not ask for a chronology of Paul's activities.  I already know about that. 

I am exposing the holes in your argument against Muhammad (pbuh).  You assume many things because of your JudeoChristian-centrist bias and have many hypocritical standards. 

Paul have whitenesses with him on his way to Damascus.
After three years his work in Damascus came to an abrupt end. Somehow he had fallen foul of the ethnarch (governor) of the region of Nabataean Arabia. The ethnarch set a watch on the gates of Damascus, but Paul escaped over the wall in a basket and made his way to Jerusalem. There he met Peter, the Apostle, and James, the Lord's brother. This was an important meeting, for it established Paul as a recognized Apostle alongside the founders of the church at Jerusalem. The visit was brief, and Paul did not meet the Christian communities in the vicinity. Most likely this was due to the danger of reprisals from the Pharisees, who regarded Paul as a renegade. Therefore, after only two weeks, he set out on a new mission to Cilicia and Syria, with a base in his native city of Tarsus

Pauls claims was writen in a time when the middle east was under the control of the Roman empire and Paul and the narraters of the new testament was highly educated personal who captured the history to the best of thier ability.

Muhammad as you know was illiterate he could not read nor write, so who is the is the most reliable source who will you put under your administration to record the events of a book the one who can read or write or the one who can not.

If you already know about Pauls claims then why do ask me again You know why islam hate Paul so much cos he is the biggest thorn is islams flesh and muslims cant take the fact that he was straight forward with his faith and he predicted the false religions like islam will arise by making claims of recieving the word of God through intercessing with angels.

Luke identifies Saul of Tarsus who becomes the Apostle Paul. More than half of the book of Acts is devoted to Paul's conversion and mission trips.

Due to the credibility of the book of Acts, the probability for the Apostle Paul's story is very high. The archaeological discoveries related to the book of Acts also correlate to the Apostle Paul. This adds 162 items into the calculation that support the life of Paul.

Peter identifies the Apostle Paul and discusses Paul's writing. ". . . our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:15-16).
Due to Paul's mission work, he wrote 13 epistles. Nine of these were addressed to local churches Paul had helped to establish. Three epistles are referred to as Pastoral Epistles. And one is address to a fellow Christian (Philemon) about a runaway slave named Onesimus, who had become a Christian.

The written evidence recorded before the end of the 1st century gives us three independent sources that support the existence of the Apostle Paul. But the greatest contribution to establishing the biblical character known as the Apostle Paul are the archaeological discoveries that match the written text in the book of Acts.

Act 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

Act 17:2 and Paul, as his custom was, went in unto them, and for three sabbath days reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Act 17:3 opening and alleging that it behooved the Christ to suffer, and to rise again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom, said he, I proclaim unto you, is the Christ.(This is why muslims hate Paul so much)

You say Paul had witnesses.  There are two problems with this argument.  First of all, who were these witnesses?  What happened to them?  Sorry, but phantom witnesses don't give Paul more credibility.  Second of all, since you refer to the Books of Acts perceived "credibility", I feel that I should point out that it does not give a consistent analysis of the encounter in Damascus.  In other words, it contradicts itself.  Acts 9 says that the alleged "witnesses" heard something but did not see anyone whereas Acts 22 says they did not hear anything at all, let alone seeing anything:

Acts 9: 1-9
Quote 1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

5"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.

"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6"Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

7The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

Acts 22: 1-11

Quote 1 �Brethren and fathers, hear my defense before you now.� 2 And when they heard that he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, they kept all the more silent.
Then he said: 3 �I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the strictness of our fathers� law, and was zealous toward God as you all are today. 4 I persecuted this Way to the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women, 5 as also the high priest bears me witness, and all the council of the elders, from whom I also received letters to the brethren, and went to Damascus to bring in chains even those who were there to Jerusalem to be punished.
6 �Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon, suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me. 7 And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, �Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?� 8 So I answered, �Who are You, Lord?� And He said to me, �I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.�
9 �And those who were with me indeed saw the light and were afraid,[a]10
but they did not hear the voice of Him who spoke to me. So I said, �What shall I do, Lord?� And the Lord said to me, �Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do.� 11 And since I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Damascus. 

Which is it?  Did they hear the voice or some sound or didn't they.  So, not only do you have phantom witnesses who are lost to history, you also have a contradictory account about whether they were even witnesses to anything at all.

Aparantly thier were a lot of whitenesses with Paul the men who journyed with him Jesus and God.

Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: (So Jesus is the key witness and the most reliable witness.)

Islam hate Pauls statements in which he predicted false religions like islam who origanited from a so called false angel.

This is closing my argument with you and thus you still haven't provided any evidence for me that  of Muhammad's so called visions of an angel which had tell the story of the Quran can you you provide me any of the witnesses who were present if there were any present that have seen Muhammad have any contact or conversation with a angel in the cave Hira at  mount  Jabal al-Nour where muslims think he received his so called first revelation.

Here is so called first revelation in sura 96 (supposed  to be sura 1) Why is the first revelation located in the 96th sura where the 2 nd and 3 rd revelation then yes they scattered all over the Quran which is supposed to be holy.

1. In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful

2. 96:1 Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

3. 96:2 Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:(This is in contrast with God's creation  God created man out the dust of the earth 1st)

4. 96:3 Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-

5. 96:4 He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-

6. 96:5 Taught man that which he knew not.

7. 96:6 Day, but man doth transgress all bounds,

8. 96:7 In that he looketh upon himself as self-sufficient.

9. 96:8 Verily, to thy Lord is the return (of all).

10. 96:9 Seest thou one who forbids-

11. 96:10 A votary when he (turns) to pray?

12. 96:11 Seest thou if he is on (the road of) Guidance?-

13. 96:12 Or enjoins Righteousness?

14. 96:13 Seest thou if he denies (Truth) and turns away?

15. 96:14 Knoweth he not that Allah doth see?

16. 96:15 Let him beware! If he desist not, We will drag him by the forelock,-

17. 96:16 A lying, sinful forelock!

18. 96:17 Then, let him call (for help) to his council (of comrades):

19. 96:18 We will call on the angels of punishment (to deal with him)!

20. 96:19 Day, heed him not: But bow down in adoration, and bring thyself the closer (to Allah)!

The Second Revelation in Sura 74.

The second portion of the Qur'an revealed to the Prophet Muhammad was the beginning of Sura al-muddaththir (74: 15). It now consists of 56 verses, the rest revealed later, and begins as follows: 'O you, covered in your cloak, arise and warn, thy Lord magnify, thy raiment purify, pollution shun ...'

The Last Revelation muslims can not even figure out which sura was the last revelation in thier so called devine book where nothing is even writen in chronological order  it is so distorted

Many Muslim scholars agree that the last revelation was Sura 2, verse 281:

'And fear the day when ye shall be brought back to God. Then shall every soul be paid what it earned and none shall be dealt with unjustly.'

Some also say that it was 2:282 or 2:278. [Kamal, Ahmad 'Adil: 'ulum al-Qur'an, Cairo, 1974, p.18.]

It has also been suggested that all three verses were revealed on one occasion. The Prophet died nine nights after the last revelation.

Others hold that Sura 5:4 was the last to be revealed:

'This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.'

The opinion that this verse was the last revelation is not sound according to many scholars, since it was revealed during the last pilgrimage of the Prophet. This information is based upon a hadith from 'Umar. Suyuti explains concerning the verse in Sura 5 that after it nothing concerning ahkam and hal'al and haram was revealed, and in this sense it is the 'completion' of religion. However, revelation reminding man of the coming day of judgement continued and the last such revelation is the above verse. [Sabuni, tibyan pp. 18-9] 

Edited by JOUBERAR - 04 March 2010 at 6:38pm
Mansoor_ali View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 10:32am

To JOUBERAR

Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: (So Jesus is the key witness and the most reliable witness.)

My Response:

So few things to note, Paul is on a journey, he then sees a light and hears a voice, this voice is supposedly Jesus.Paul then asks Jesus what do you want me to do? The response by Jesus is for Paul to go to the city and it will be made known to him over there. Now lets read what Acts 26: 12-18:

12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, 13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. 14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me

So note the difference, in the first account all Jesus tells him is go to the city to find out what you must do, in this account in Acts 22 we see Jesus already telling Paul what he must do! So which one is it? Will Paul know what his purpose is in the city? Or did he already know?

In fact in the account version of Acts 22: 5-10, there is no mention of Jesus telling Paul all this information:

. 5 As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished. 6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. 7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest. 9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. 10 And I said, What shall I do, LORD? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do

This account agrees with the version of Acts 9, Acts 26 is the only different one in this case; Acts 26 contradicts Acts 9 and 22.

It is very easy to notice the contradiction, in Acts 9 and 22, Jesus tells Paul that he will know what to do in the city, in Acts 26 Jesus already tells Paul what he will do and mentions nothing about going to a city to find out. So which one is it?
islamispeace View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:54am
RESPONSE TO JOUBERAR:

So, running away are we Jouberar?  Cry Too bad.  But at least it shows that you are just a charlatan and when cornered, you will try to find a way to escape.  Your response again failed to answer the question and now you are trying to terminate the discussion.  Good job!  You and your buddy Shibboleth are almost identical in your style of discussion and fallacy-riddled responses!

You said regarding Paul:

Aparantly thier were a lot of whitenesses with Paul the men who journyed with him Jesus and God.

This is called circular reasoning and it also did not answer the question.  It was Paul who claimed that Jesus talked to him, but you have not proven that Paul was telling the truth, have you?  Your argument was that he had witnesses.  I want to know who these witnesses were and what happened to them?  I also want to know why the Book of Acts, which you claimed was reliable, contradicts itself when discussing the event in question.  Your response was a pathetic fallacy followed by a "I am ending this conversation" rant and then a rant about how Muslims hate Paul.  Well, you haven't done Paul any favors by improving his reputation with us Muslims with your pathetic arguments! Big%20smile 

Anyway, if you want to run away, so be it.  But, don't you ever try to bash Islam again or I will find you and take you down! Evil%20Smile
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 11:57am
RESPONSE TO SHIBBOLETH:

So, now you want to talk about the flood?  Huh?! Confused  You are really taking a beating here, aren't you?  Why don't you be like Jouberar (you already share much in your debating abilities) and just run for it?  Don't shatter your reputation anymore and make a bigger fool of yourself!  On the other hand, if you really want to have a serious discussion, stop resorting to red herrings and cheap shots.  I am offering you a fresh start, if you are up for it.   
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

Shibboleth View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shibboleth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2010 at 9:17pm
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"><>

Originally posted by Elizabeth Elizabeth wrote:

The Koran DOESN�T deny that Christ died as a result of crucifixion, rather it specifically denies JEWISH involvement in it and technically I agree since crucifixion wasn�t a Jewish method of execution.  I think that the ayah can be read in accordance with the historical documentation that Christ was executed by Roman command and via their mode of execution.

It is the overwhelming belief in Islam that Jesus was not crucified, but that it was made to appear that he was.  The fact that there may be some Muslims who believe otherwise is irrelevant.  Therefore, the Quran does not deny a crucifixion taking place.  In fact, it says that there was a crucifixion, but that it was made to appear to the unbelievers that they were crucifying Jesus.

Hmmm, it�s irrelevant that many Muslims around the world believe in the crucifixion of Christ, wow. These are your fellow brothers aren�t they? Are you that much in denial, could it be they did their research and put two n two together? I mean after all not ONLY does the Bible not deny the crucifixion of Christ, the Quran does not deny the crucifixion of Christ and tells Muslims to believe in the Injil 3:84, 4:136 that�s really enough proof. Could it be that they read John 20: 31 but these have been written down that YOU may believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God, and that, because of believing, YOU may have life by means of his name.

Could it be that they want life and have not accepted the accusations and false stories of those who perhaps have a different agenda without having any archeological proof to back up their statements that the crucifixion did not happen?

First of all, I was responding to Elizabeth's argument that there are some Muslims who believe different about Jesus' last days from the majority belief. Second of all, that Jesus was rescued from the cross is a matter of faith just as the resurrection is a matter of faith to Christians.

Wrong. You need faith when someone tells you they received a revelation from an angel but there were no eyewitness around to see it for themselves or to verify it, that is when you need faith. There were many eyewitnesses around when Jesus was crucified. Or when a person denies performing miracles but others after him insist that they did, that�s when you need faith.

They say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Say: 'The Unseen belongs only to God. Then watch and wait; I shall be with you watching and waiting.' S. 10:20

The unbelievers say, 'Why has a sign (ayatun) not been sent down upon him from his Lord?' Thou art ONLY a warner, and a guide to every people. S. 13:7

Jesus always had eyewitness when performing miracles, there for faith wasn�t a requirement.

�If you doubt what we have revealed to you, ask those who have read the Scriptures before you.� (Sura 10, Yunis [Jonah], verse 94) & (Surah Al �Imran: 84-85)
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islamispeace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 2:53pm
Tsk, tsk, tsk Shibbo...you are a mess!  Now,  you're posting responses in the wrong thread?  Post this dribble in the appropriate thread and I will respond there.  By the way, are you up for a fresh start?  If so, you can start by answering the questions raised about the Torah which you have not been able or are unwilling to respond to.  

JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOUBERAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 2:49am

Originally posted by JOUBERAR JOUBERAR wrote:

RESPONSE TO JOUBERAR:

I asked you for evidence of Paul's claims.  What proof did he provide for his claims?  Why is Paul telling the truth but Muhammad is not?  I did not ask for a chronology of Paul's activities.  I already know about that. 

I am exposing the holes in your argument against Muhammad (pbuh).  You assume many things because of your JudeoChristian-centrist bias and have many hypocritical standards. 

Paul have whitenesses with him on his way to Damascus.
After three years his work in Damascus came to an abrupt end. Somehow he had fallen foul of the ethnarch (governor) of the region of Nabataean Arabia. The ethnarch set a watch on the gates of Damascus, but Paul escaped over the wall in a basket and made his way to Jerusalem. There he met Peter, the Apostle, and James, the Lord's brother. This was an important meeting, for it established Paul as a recognized Apostle alongside the founders of the church at Jerusalem. The visit was brief, and Paul did not meet the Christian communities in the vicinity. Most likely this was due to the danger of reprisals from the Pharisees, who regarded Paul as a renegade. Therefore, after only two weeks, he set out on a new mission to Cilicia and Syria, with a base in his native city of Tarsus

Pauls claims was writen in a time when the middle east was under the control of the Roman empire and Paul and the narraters of the new testament was highly educated personal who captured the history to the best of thier ability.

Muhammad as you know was illiterate he could not read nor write, so who is the is the most reliable source who will you put under your administration to record the events of a book the one who can read or write or the one who can not.

If you already know about Pauls claims then why do ask me again You know why islam hate Paul so much cos he is the biggest thorn is islams flesh and muslims cant take the fact that he was straight forward with his faith and he predicted the false religions like islam will arise by making claims of recieving the word of God through intercessing with angels.

Luke identifies Saul of Tarsus who becomes the Apostle Paul. More than half of the book of Acts is devoted to Paul's conversion and mission trips.

Due to the credibility of the book of Acts, the probability for the Apostle Paul's story is very high. The archaeological discoveries related to the book of Acts also correlate to the Apostle Paul. This adds 162 items into the calculation that support the life of Paul.

Peter identifies the Apostle Paul and discusses Paul's writing. ". . . our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction" (2 Peter 3:15-16).
Due to Paul's mission work, he wrote 13 epistles. Nine of these were addressed to local churches Paul had helped to establish. Three epistles are referred to as Pastoral Epistles. And one is address to a fellow Christian (Philemon) about a runaway slave named Onesimus, who had become a Christian.

The written evidence recorded before the end of the 1st century gives us three independent sources that support the existence of the Apostle Paul. But the greatest contribution to establishing the biblical character known as the Apostle Paul are the archaeological discoveries that match the written text in the book of Acts.

Act 17:1 Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

Act 17:2 and Paul, as his custom was, went in unto them, and for three sabbath days reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Act 17:3 opening and alleging that it behooved the Christ to suffer, and to rise again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom, said he, I proclaim unto you, is the Christ.(This is why muslims hate Paul so much)

You say Paul had witnesses.  There are two problems with this argument.  First of all, who were these witnesses?  What happened to them?  Sorry, but phantom witnesses don't give Paul more credibility.  Second of all, since you refer to the Books of Acts perceived "credibility", I feel that I should point out that it does not give a consistent analysis of the encounter in Damascus.  In other words, it contradicts itself.  Acts 9 says that the alleged "witnesses" heard something but did not see anyone whereas Acts 22 says they did not hear anything at all, let alone seeing anything:

Acts 9: 1-9
Quote 1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6"Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."

7The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything.

Acts 22: 1-11

Quote 1 �Brethren and fathers, hear my defense before you now.� 2 And when they heard that he spoke to them in the Hebrew language, they kept all the more silent.
Then he said: 3 �I am indeed a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, taught according to the strictness of our fathers� law, and was zealous toward God as you all are today. 4 I persecuted this Way to the death, binding and delivering into prisons both men and women, 5 as also the high priest bears me witness, and all the council of the elders, from whom I also received letters to the brethren, and went to Damascus to bring in chains even those who were there to Jerusalem to be punished.
6 �Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon, suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me. 7 And I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, �Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?� 8 So I answered, �Who are You, Lord?� And He said to me, �I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting.�
9 �And those who were with me indeed saw the light and were afraid,[a]10
but they did not hear the voice of Him who spoke to me. So I said, �What shall I do, Lord?� And the Lord said to me, �Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do.� 11 And since I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Damascus. 

Which is it?  Did they hear the voice or some sound or didn't they.  So, not only do you have phantom witnesses who are lost to history, you also have a contradictory account about whether they were even witnesses to anything at all.

Are you absent minded or yust arrogant you wrote it yourself they heard the sound of Jesus's voice speaking to Saul.  

Edited by JOUBERAR - 08 March 2010 at 2:50am
JOUBERAR View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JOUBERAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2010 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Mansoor_ali Mansoor_ali wrote:

To JOUBERAR

My Response:

So few things to note, Paul is on a journey, he then sees a light and hears a voice, this voice is supposedly Jesus.Paul then asks Jesus what do you want me to do? The response by Jesus is for Paul to go to the city and it will be made known to him over there. Now lets read what Acts 26: 12-18:

12 Whereupon as I went to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, 13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heaven, above the brightness of the sun, shining round about me and them which journeyed with me. 14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest. 16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me

So note the difference, in the first account all Jesus tells him is go to the city to find out what you must do, in this account in Acts 22 we see Jesus already telling Paul what he must do! So which one is it? Will Paul know what his purpose is in the city? Or did he already know?

In fact in the account version of Acts 22: 5-10, there is no mention of Jesus telling Paul all this information:

. 5 As also the high priest doth bear me witness, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I received letters unto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there bound unto Jerusalem, for to be punished. 6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and was come nigh unto Damascus about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me. 7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest. 9 And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me. 10 And I said, What shall I do, LORD? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do

This account agrees with the version of Acts 9, Acts 26 is the only different one in this case; Acts 26 contradicts Acts 9 and 22.

It is very easy to notice the contradiction, in Acts 9 and 22, Jesus tells Paul that he will know what to do in the city, in Acts 26 Jesus already tells Paul what he will do and mentions nothing about going to a city to find out. So which one is it?

Act 9:3 And as he journeyed, it came to pass that he drew nigh unto Damascus: and suddenly there shone round about him a light out of heaven:

Act 9:4 and he fell upon the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Act 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest:

Act 9:6 but rise, and enter into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Act 9:7 And the men that journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing the voice, but beholding no man.

Act 9:8 And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw nothing; and they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

Act 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and did neither eat nor drink.

Act 9:10 Now there was a certain disciple at Damascus, named Ananias; and the Lord said unto him in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

Act 9:11 And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go to the street which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for one named Saul, a man of Tarsus: for behold, he prayeth;

Act 9:12 and he hath seen a man named Ananias coming in, and laying his hands on him, that he might receive his sight.

Act 9:13 But Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard from many of this man, how much evil he did to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Act 9:14 and here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call upon thy name.

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles and kings, and the children of Israel:

Act 9:16 for I will show him how many things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Act 26:14 And

Act 22:6 And it came to pass, that, as I made my journey, and drew nigh unto Damascus, about noon, suddenly there shone from heaven a great light round about me.

Act 22:7 And I fell unto the ground, and heard a voice saying unto me, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

Act 22:8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.

Act 22:9 And they that were with me beheld indeed the light, but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.

Act 22:10 And I said, What shall I do, Lord? And the Lord said unto me, Arise, and go into Damascus; and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to do.

Act 22:11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me I came into Damascus.

Act 22:12 And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, well reported of by all the Jews that dwelt there,

Act 22:13 came unto me, and standing by me said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And in that very hour I looked up on him.

Act 22:14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath appointed thee to know his will, and to see the Righteous One, and to hear a voice from his mouth.

when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice saying unto me in the Hebrew language, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the goad.

Act 26:15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

Act 26:16 But arise, and stand upon thy feet: for to this end have I appeared unto thee, to appoint thee a minister and a witness both of the things wherein thou hast seen me, and of the things wherein I will appear unto thee;

Act 26:17 delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom I send thee,

Act 26:18 to open their eyes, that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive remission of sins and an inheritance among them that are sanctified by faith in me.

Act 26:19 Wherefore, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision:

Where is the contradiction this is just a conversation that he had with the king  Agrippa after everthing that had happen with him,you can't expect every conversation that Paul must have had should be the same then they could have just as well take Acts 9 and change the number to 22 and 26 with the exact ammount verses in it then it will also will be contradiction or a copy. You can't expect everything to be on a silver platter there was no tape recorder and film cameras there is not one message that will match another message precisely look at the media today.
He or the authors of his books could have wrote nothing about his life then what would we have got  to say then we could at be thankfull that he have captured this even with pen and paper. 

Edited by JOUBERAR - 08 March 2010 at 8:09am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 22>
  Share Topic