IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My maleness is down the drain...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My maleness is down the drain...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My maleness is down the drain...
    Posted: 27 April 2006 at 4:41am

I am a 28 year old confused man. My father died when I was a little baby so I never had a male role model at all, I was raised by my mother and grandmother and I question my role as a parent and as a man. I came to the western world and what ever male self worth has been ultimately destroyed, now that I know I am nothing more than a sperm donor, why do we need men? That is the question I keep asking myself, it is always on my mind, sleeping, praying, why do we need sons, they are burden not joy, and science are able to make it that two women together could have daugthers without the need of a man. So..why are we working hard saving the men, the males and why not we just eliminate them and keep the human race as females? That is the question the triggers on mind, can you help me? Are men nothing more than sperm donors? Do we need them?

Yours truly, a very confused muslim brother. (Sometimes I wished I was not a man, that is how I am confused.)

salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 4:52am
without women , a man would feel very lonely and without a man , a women would feel very lonely. when Allah created Prophet Adam (peace be upon him) Prophet Adam felt loneliness on earth as he was alone so Allah created for Prophet Adam eve (Hawwa) so that Prophet Adam would not feel lonely. and now the people who have lived, are living and would be living on earth r the offsprings of Adam and Eve. u cannot question as to why there r men on earth or as to why there r women on earth. Allah has created both man and woman and Allah knows best what is right  
It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
foody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 4:53am
Yes but men's role on earth is trivial now...we are just for entertainment of women and providing them sperm and money? Nice.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 5:56am
Originally posted by foody foody wrote:

I am a 28 year old confused man. My father died when I was a little baby so I never had a male role model at all, I was raised by my mother and grandmother and I question my role as a parent and as a man. I came to the western world and what ever male self worth has been ultimately destroyed, now that I know I am nothing more than a sperm donor, why do we need men? That is the question I keep asking myself, it is always on my mind, sleeping, praying, why do we need sons, they are burden not joy, and science are able to make it that two women together could have daugthers without the need of a man. So..why are we working hard saving the men, the males and why not we just eliminate them and keep the human race as females? That is the question the triggers on mind, can you help me? Are men nothing more than sperm donors? Do we need them?

Yours truly, a very confused muslim brother. (Sometimes I wished I was not a man, that is how I am confused.)

Bismillah,

Brother you posted this in the brother's section, but as a sister I will tell you that men are addressed in the Holy Quran, and therefore necessary, relevant, important and multi-functional.

I had no role model as a woman, but I know how to be one.  I try my best, and you should also.  You were lucky to have people love you.  They set an example of how PEOPLE love, and we are all people.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2006 at 5:58am

Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

without women , a man would feel very lonely and without a man , a women would feel very lonely. when Allah created Prophet Adam (peace be upon him) Prophet Adam felt loneliness on earth as he was alone so Allah created for Prophet Adam eve (Hawwa) so that Prophet Adam would not feel lonely. and now the people who have lived, are living and would be living on earth r the offsprings of Adam and Eve. u cannot question as to why there r men on earth or as to why there r women on earth. Allah has created both man and woman and Allah knows best what is right  

Bismillah,

Brother Salman,

This is truly beautiful.  JazzakAllahKhayr.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
woody View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 4:43pm

Foody,
Why you would want to eliminate yourself, let alone all men, is beyond me.  Times change, and people adapt, it's in their nature, for better or worse.  And no, it's not always for the better

However, as you have proclaimed yourself to be ...unmarried.. on several online venues, I'm unsure why you are asking anything in respect to procreation...can you explain?

Edited by woody
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 6:24pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

Brother, what a sad place the world would be without men. Who would women blame everything on? Who would we complain to each other about? Who would really believe that a light blue shirt, green pants and brown socks look good together?  Who would kill the bugs or open tight jars? Who would take out the trash, or make you ask them to take it out 20 times?

We need you guys. You keep us amused and amazed.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 7:08pm
Bismillah.....Assalaamualaikum,

Brother, sometimes shaytan puts thoughts in our minds that depress us. And the best way to get out of it is remember Allah. Quran has answer to all questions, believe me. Read it with understanding and you will get answers to many things.

May Allah give peace to your heart....cheer up!
wassalaam.......

Those who remember Allah (always, and in prayers) standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and think deeply about the creation of the heavens and the earth, (saying): "Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire.  
(  سورة آل عمران  , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #191)

"Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?"  
(  سورة المؤمنون  , Al-Mumenoon, Chapter #23, Verse #115)

And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect.  
(  سورة الروم  , Ar-Room, Chapter #30, Verse #21)

And We created not the heaven and the earth and all that is between them without purpose! O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa (i.e. one of the Muttaqoon (pious - see V.2:2). Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware.  
(  سورة الحجرات  , Al-Hujraat, Chapter #49, Verse #13)

And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).  
(  سورة الذاريات  , Adh-Dhariyat, Chapter #51, Verse #56)

Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving;  
(  سورة الملك  , Al-Mulk, Chapter #67, Verse #2)

And We have created you in pairs (male and female, tall and short, good and bad, etc.).  
(  سورة النبأ  , An-Naba, Chapter #78, Verse #8)

And We created not the heaven and the earth and all that is between them without purpose!.....
(  سورة ص  , Sad, Chapter #38, Verse #27)

O you who believe! Seek help in patience and As-Salat (the prayer). Truly! Allah is with As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.).  
(  سورة البقرة  , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #153)

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic