IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : New Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Missing Salaat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Salaat

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Salaat
    Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:25am
Originally posted by Juma Juma wrote:

Also, I note that Khadija, above, lists Isha as occurring from twilight to midnight.  I have been told this by multiple people, but have likewise been told more than once that it is from twilight to Fajr

Is there a definitive answer to this?  or does the practice merely differ regionally?  Inshallah, I suppose I should just make a point of praying Isha before midnight, and not worry about it!

Assalamu alikom.
Wa alaykum assalam wa Rahmatullah.

Get prayer timings for 6 million cities worldwide, and other Islamic information at: http://www.islamicfinder.com/

aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 11:28am

Regarding the original post;

The Quran teaches us that if we are travelling we may pray salat while walking or riding. It also recommends that we pray full salat when we get to our destination.

Over the centuries there have been many debates over what exactly is meant by traveling. Personally, when the time of salat comes I pray wherever I am and to the best of my ability; be it standing in a bus, sitting in a car or walking, etc.

Respectfully
aka2x2
abosait View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abosait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

.........Also, even if it is allowed - like some say - it is not for normal-occasions, it is when people are travelling, or it is too cold to wash feet etc.
Inshallah, perhaps Abosait/or any other member could help you better..........
Assalamu 'alaikum.
Please read the fatwa on Conditions of wiping over socks at the following URL. http://islam-qa.com/en/cat/141/ref/islamqa/9640

Edited by abosait - 13 January 2009 at 9:23am
Juma View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 6:13am
Thank you everyone for putting me on the straight path!  It is not my intent to "push the envelope" as it were, but inshallah to understand the proper methods and the consequences of not so proper methods...

Can one pray with eyes closed?  or must be open with eye glued to one spot?

Thank you for your continued indulgence of my naive questions!

Assalamu alikom wa rahmatullah.
Saladin View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saladin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 3:21am
Salaam Alaikum,

Its allowed to wipe over the socks if one was with ablution when putting them on. This is allowed for 24 hours for the resident and for the traveller, 3 days and nights.

Ref: Sahih Muslim, vol.1, book 3, no.537, p.165.

".....The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) stipulated (the upper limit) of 3 days and 3 nights for a traveller and 1 day and 1 night for the resident".

'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2009 at 12:57am
Originally posted by Juma Juma wrote:

What if you start a fard prayer during the right timeframe, but finish it during the next.  Is that rewarded as being in the right timeframe?  or must the prayer be completed during the correct timeframe?

You mean, we are for example praying Zuhr, but the time is almosy gone, and its nearly Asr? Well, if there is a genuine reason for the delay . . . Allah will deal with it accordingly, since He is Just and Fair. However, just keep this general rule in mind - late salaat may not be ideal, but it is better than no-salaat. . . so irregardless of the time passing - just pray it. However, one should not wait till the last second.
Also, since you are a new muslim, you may not have come across these ahadith, so let me mention anyway - since it is relevant to salaat. Hadith tells us that if we have to go to the toilet, we should not 'hold it' to pray - rather, we are asked to finish our business before praying salaat. Also, if one is very hungry, we are asked to eat something to satisfy ourselves before salaat - otherwise we cannot focus on Allah, and He was Merciful enough to give us this much flexibility.

This practice of wearing socks and completing wudu by patting the top of your sock-covered foot with a wet hand instead of actually washing the feet...  I have heard that is acceptable provided the socks have been worn continuously since the last wudu.  Is that correct?

This is a controversial one, since different scholars say different things. I believe a member here posted a fatwa on this some time ago . . . Perhaps you should search it up on the forum? 'socks wudhu fatwa'.

Also, even if it is allowed - like some say - it is not for normal-occasions, it is when people are travelling, or it is too cold to wash feet etc.

Inshallah, perhaps Abosait/or any other member could help you better.

Wa'alaikumsalaam.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Juma View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 9:27pm
Also, I note that Khadija, above, lists Isha as occurring from twilight to midnight.  I have been told this by multiple people, but have likewise been told more than once that it is from twilight to Fajr

Is there a definitive answer to this?  or does the practice merely differ regionally?  Inshallah, I suppose I should just make a point of praying Isha before midnight, and not worry about it!

Assalamu alikom.
Juma View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2009 at 9:17pm
Thank you, Chrysalis and Abosait!  That is exactly what I needed.  (...and yes, I meant Tahajjud, lol)  I do not know all the Arabic names and expressions, and it can be quite confusing.

But now, of course, I have come up with a couple more nit picky questions...

What if you start a fard prayer during the right timeframe, but finish it during the next.  Is that rewarded as being in the right timeframe?  or must the prayer be completed during the correct timeframe?

This practice of wearing socks and completing wudu by patting the top of your sock-covered foot with a wet hand instead of actually washing the feet...  I have heard that is acceptable provided the socks have been worn continuously since the last wudu.  Is that correct?

Thank you very much for your help!  Assalamu alikom wa rahmatullah.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic