IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BIBLE;JESUS NOT CRUCIFIED  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIBLE;JESUS NOT CRUCIFIED

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Abu Ahmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Ahmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIBLE;JESUS NOT CRUCIFIED
    Posted: 13 January 2014 at 9:11pm
Attonement for the 'original sin is handled somewhat differently in the Qur'an as opposed to Paul's account.

Adam (peace be upon him) said he was sorry and asked for forgiveness. So ALLAH forgave him. And that was the end of the 'original sin'.

Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.2:37
Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2013 at 12:41pm
Hi Webber,

I am sorry, I have gotten behind here so I will try to add a little to what you said.
If we back up to what Johnford said near the top of the page:
Quote: Before you want to argue please read Genesis very carefully ... and do it again ... and you might note that Adam and Eve were not thrown out of the Garden because of 'sin' ... 'man has become like one of us, knowing good and evil: and now he might reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever' ... no sin ... Adam and Eve did nothing wrong ...
But in knowing good and evil that God had to protect them from the Tree of Life and for the protection of humankind we had to die.

Response: --- As you said Webber, they followed the suggestion of Satan, instead of God�s commandment to eat only designated fruit, --- and the strange fruit was not digestible or compatible with their pure bodies, --- and the Glory of God that �clothed them� was withdrawn because they became �unholy� in their act of disobedience, so the �life support system� of the Holy Spirit had to be withdrawn.
--- And they were cast out of the Garden and given a new �life support system of �blood within the flesh� --- the same as we have today.
In their original bodies they would have lived forever in harmony and obedience to God, --- but they sinned.

Perhaps John would like to hear the same story of the Garden from Surah 7:
12 (God) said: "What prevented thee (Iblis, Satan) from bowing down when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he (Adam): Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay."
13 (God) said: "Get thee down from this: it is not for thee to be arrogant here: get out, for thou art of the meanest (of creatures)."
16 He said: "Because thou hast thrown me out of the way, lo! I will lie in wait for them on thy straight way:
17 "Then will I assault them from before them and behind them, from their right and their left: Nor wilt thou find, in most of them, gratitude (for thy mercies)."
18 (God) said: "Get out from this, disgraced and expelled. If any of them follow thee, - Hell will I fill with you all.

--- (In the Garden of delights)
19 "O Adam! dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and enjoy (its good things) as ye wish: but approach not this tree, or ye run into harm and transgression."
20 Then began Satan to whisper suggestions to them, bringing openly before their minds all their shame that was hidden from them (before): he said: "Your Lord only forbade you this tree, lest ye should become angels or such beings as live for ever."
21 And he swore to them both, that he was their sincere adviser.
22 So BY DECEIT HE BROUGHT ABOUT THEIR FALL: when they tasted of the tree, their shame became manifest to them, and they began to sew together the leaves of the garden over their bodies. And their Lord called unto them: "Did I not forbid you that tree, and tell you that Satan was an avowed enemy unto you?"
23 They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost."
--- (They admitted that they had sinned against God and their own souls, or they wouldn�t have asked for forgiveness, nor admitted that without forgiveness, they would be lost, --- would they have?)

24 (God) said: "Get ye down. With enmity between yourselves. On earth will be your dwelling-place and your means of livelihood, - for a time."
25 He said: "Therein shall ye live, and therein shall ye die; but from it shall ye be taken out (at last)."
--- (Notice: --- �Get ye down on earth, THEREIN SHALL YE LIVE AND THEREIN SHALL YO DIE.� --- No more �herein� as it was in the Garden in harmony with God where there was no physical death, --- but �therein� --- on earth.)
--- They also died �Spiritually� as they were no longer holy before God, so they were given bodies with a covering of layers of skin (skins), as we have today.

26 O ye Children of Adam! We have bestowed raiment upon you to cover your shame, as well as to be an adornment to you. But the raiment of righteousness, - that is the best. Such are among the Signs of God, that they may receive admonition!
27 O ye Children of Adam! Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their raiment, to expose their shame: for he and his tribe watch you from a position where ye cannot see them: We made the evil ones friends (only) to those without faith.

--- And notice the statement in 26, (God) said, �But the raiment of righteousness, - that is the best.�
And in 27, �Let not Satan seduce you, in the same manner as He got your parents out of the Garden, stripping them of their (righteous) raiment.�
--- (This is called �The Original Sin,� --- or �The Fall from Grace,� --- in verse 22.)

Placid
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2013 at 12:38am
Originally posted by johnford johnford wrote:

On the other had Melchisdek may well have been an angle.

The problem with Christian theology is has to address the question ... why did Jesus die ... this then relates to the introduction of Original Sin which ... then means that Jesus ... is subsequently redefined as God ... which means that God must have been in at least two places at once ... all of which becomes even more confusing when you have to accommodate a place for the Holy Spirit.

It is like digging an ever deeper hole only to have the whole then collapse.

I'm afraid you guys have been fed so much garbage that you couldn't understand if you tried, and you certainly are not trying.

If God is closer than your jugular vein, and also closer than mine, that's already two places, what about the rest of the world? At least...at least be careful when dissing Christians not to dis God at the same time. It will not go well for you.

"According to the order of Melchizedek." does not refer to humanity. Does not make him God. Are you guys stuck on only man and God exist?

Everybody seems to see Original sin as Adam eating an apple. Actually a "fruit" not named. Original sin, Adam sinned so we are all sinners. Could it really be that simple? Considering God forgave him, why don't they call it the original forgiven sin? Quite simple. It wasn't the act of eating the fruit that created a lineage of sinful humans but the ingesting of it which was a poison to the pure bodies Adam and Eve were given. They underwent an obvious change they felt ashamed of and had to hide from God because of it. If you are used to wearing nothing but notice you are naked and have to hide behind fig leaves, something changed. God forgave the sin but did not reverse the perversion caused by their disobedience. It's not the mind God considers sinful, but the body.
Do some reading, see if you grasp that concept from Genesis. You can teach it to Christians...

Please...Until you are ready to ask about the Holy Spirit, don't diss in that direction either.

I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2013 at 3:39pm
At times like this, those who profess God having a begotten son disappear, darn it. It always happens, they disappear like "horns off of a donkey's head" LOL, an old saying from south Asia.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

johnford View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2013 at 12:03pm
On the other had Melchisdek may well have been an angle.

The problem with Christian theology is has to address the question ... why did Jesus die ... this then relates to the introduction of Original Sin which ... then means that Jesus ... is subsequently redefined as God ... which means that God must have been in at least two places at once ... all of which becomes even more confusing when you have to accommodate a place for the Holy Spirit.

It is like digging an ever deeper hole only to have the whole then collapse.
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 10:14am
Melchisedek

Melchizedek the king of Salem (which later became known as Jerusalem) and a high priest of God Most High (cf. Genesis 14:18-20). What makes this rather astonishing is that the author claims that Melchizedek has no beginning or end of life, no parents, and no genealogy. These are attributes and characteristics which belong only to God, which therefore suggests that Melchizedek is actually God. If this is the case then wouldn�t this mean that he is greater than Jesus? If so why aren�t Christians worshiping him? At the very least wouldn�t this imply that the Christian God is a Quadrinity (four Persons in One) as opposed to a Trinity?
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 9:42am
Placid,
so what about Adam, he did not have an earthly father, not even a mother! What about Eve? No father, no mother either? God's son and daughter will you call them too.
Sorry Placid but it still sounds like my dish washer, now only overloaded!
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 18 December 2013 at 10:06am
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2013 at 9:08am

Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic