IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Let’s Try Part 1  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLet�s Try Part 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 137>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Salams_wife View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 12:03pm
Thanks and good luck lovesakeenah in your class too.  If you are anything like me, studying how a cell works is not on my top ten list of favorite things to do!!!
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 11:10am

As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh

Good this thread's still waxing stronger.Sorry,I was offline for a few days

ok.just b4 someone else gets this simple one.Big%20smile

Umar Ibn Khattab (r.a) reigned as  Caliph for ten years masha Allahu before his demise as a martyr...Star

Good to have you back salams_wife.Wink
And all the best with your Biology cos am dealing with it too....!!!

Edited by lovesakeenah - 26 April 2008 at 11:12am
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 6:59am

Yes, that event was related to Hijrah. Here is its copy-paste

Prophet {PBUH} proceeded direct to the house of Abu Bakr who, immediately accompanied him and both set out southwards, clambered up the lofty peak of Mountain Thawr, and decided to take refuge in a cave.[Ibn Hisham 1/483; Za'd Al-Ma'ad 2/52]

Knowing already that Quraish would mobilize all its potentials to find him, he played a clever trick on them and instead of taking the road to Madinah in north side of Makkah as the polythiest would expect, he walked along a road least expected lying south of Makkah and leading to Yemen. He walked for 5 miles until he reached a rough rocky mountain called Thawr. There his shoes were worn out, some said he used to walk tiptoe in order not to leave a trail behind him. Abu Bakr [R] carried him up the mountain to a cave called after the name of the mountain, Cave Thawr. AbuBakr first entered to explore the cave and be sure that it was safe, closed all holes
with pieces torn off from his clothes, cleaned it and then asked the Prophet [pbuh] to step in. The Prophet [pbuh] went in and immediately laid his head in Abu Bakr�s lap and fell asleep. Suddenly Abu Bakr�s foot was stung by a poisonous insect. It hurt so much that his tears fell on the Prophet�s face. The Prophet [pbuh] immediately applied his saliva on Abu Bakr�s foot and the pain went off on the spot. They confined themselves to this cave for three nights, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. �Abdullah, the
son of Abu Bakr would go to see them after dusk, stay the night there, apprise them of the latest situation in Makkah, and then leave in the early morning to mix with the Makkans as usual and not to draw the least attention to his clandestine activities.

�Amir bin Fuhairah, while in the company of other shepherds of Makkah tending his master Abu Bakr�s flock, used to stole away unobserved every evening with a few goats to the cave and furnished its inmates with a plentiful supply of milk.[Bukhari 1/553}

Next Question

For how many years did Umar RA, stay as  khalifa ?

Bro. Hamzah and SIs Sakeenah ? Woodstock try to answer this .
JazakAllah sisters for answering earlier question.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 12:52am
I will agree with fear_Allah on the answer to this one and add that it is the cave where the prophet (pbuh) hid from his persecutors.

The class I was taking was Biology.  That may not seem like much, but math and science are my absolute worst subjects.  I can write, read, study history and politics, but I have to work twice as hard as everyone else to do well in math and science.  The only part of the class I enjoyed was writing a paper on a fungus used for immune suppressing drugs.  The teacher gave us our topics and said we must write at least 4 pages.  Research (regardless of subject) and writing I can do.  So I worked so hard to get that paper great to make up for a couple test scores.
Fear_Allah View Drop Down
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 9:14pm
Assalam alikom
It's "Hijrah" from Mecca to Madinah.
Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 6:28pm
FearAllah, you must have answered it easily. JazakAllah for the answer.

Sister {Salams_wife} you had a very tight schedule then. Which classes are you talking about ?

Hope wood stock you soon be bestowed with the blessing of Iman. This process of studying and learning is a continuos process for all of us. Hope you be active here and try to answer the questions

Next Question

Which event of Islamic history is related to cave Thawr ?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Woodstock View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 2:11am
Thanks for the welcome Seekshidayath. Im still studying and learning.

Speak a little Learn alot.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2008 at 8:55pm
I do hope to be active again.  I felt like I went through withdraws when I couldn't come online, but my work hours nearly doubled with no warning and I started night classes.  I was going on 4 or 5 hours sleep a night and working weekends though I could at least sleep longer on the weekends.  I thank God my work hours are mostly back to normal and my classes are over until the fall.  Inshallah you will see me here more often.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 137>
  Share Topic