IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does God beget ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does God beget ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 53>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 5:32pm
Robin,
I hope you are as sincere as you portray in your search for truth. I would certainly not put my trust in a book that contradicts its own statements. You are well versed in that and you know what I mean. I have shown you a few examples.
In all honesty, you don't have to have a satisfying answer for anyone but yourself and your maker who aleready knows and judge you according to what is in your heart. We cannot dodge or pretend with Him.
Truth is not pretended or defended rather it reveals itself, its unstopable and always the winner.
Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by myahya myahya wrote:

Robin:

John 14:6

Jesus said to him: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father* except through me.

Without a doubt, when Isa a.s. says �no one comes to father except trough me� it certainly means O people; follow me follow the prophet of your time otherwise you will not come to the truth by any other way of rejecting the prophet of the time. Isa a.s. surely invited people to come to him as the right way because at that time he was the way through whom people could be guided towards the truth including the coming of the last prophet Mohammad s.a.w.a. It is a clear evidence even for one who really wants to follow Isa a.s. today.

But the Bible has not change it and that is what matters!
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2008 at 9:10am

Robin:

Jesus said to him: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father* except through me.

Without a doubt, when Isa a.s. says �no one comes to father except trough me� it certainly means O people; follow me follow the prophet of your time otherwise you will not come to the truth by any other way of rejecting the prophet of the time. Isa a.s. surely invited people to come to him as the right way because at that time he was the way through whom people could be guided towards the truth including the coming of the last prophet Mohammad s.a.w.a. It is a clear evidence even for one who really wants to follow Isa a.s. today.

Edited by myahya - 18 July 2008 at 9:14am
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2008 at 7:03am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

WE believe what Jesus said that he was the light and he was the way. All is correct. But there is no use making him a god or a son of god. Jesus was the way to salvation at that time if people had followed him. he could be the way even now if his true teachings were known and followed. There is no doubt about that. We have lot of feelings for Jesus, a prophet of God.

But I have lot of doubt about Jehova business. It is not true. Some one used the name of God for own purpose and built a religion (a big tower) on that name. It was not the right thing to do.

This is what Almighty God Jehovah says about his name being known world wide:-

Exodus 9:13-16
Then Jehovah said to Moses: "Get up early in the morning and take a position in front of Phar�aoh, and you must say to him, �This is what Jehovah the God of the Hebrews has said: "Send my people away that they may serve me. 14 For at this time I am sending all my blows against your heart and upon your servants and your people, to the end that you may know that there is none like me in all the earth. 15 For by now I could have thrust my hand out that I might strike you and your people with pestilence and that you might be effaced from the earth. 16 But, in fact, for this cause I have kept you in existence, for the sake of showing you my power and in order to have my name declared in all the earth.

Ezekiel 36:23
�And I shall certainly sanctify my great name, which was being profaned among the nations, which YOU profaned in the midst of them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,� is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, �when I am sanctified among YOU before their eyes.

Ezekiel 39:7
And my holy name I shall make known in the midst of my people Israel, and I shall no more let my holy name be profaned; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah, the Holy One in Israel.�
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 9:39am

WE believe what Jesus said that he was the light and he was the way. All is correct. But there is no use making him a god or a son of god. Jesus was the way to salvation at that time if people had followed him. he could be the way even now if his true teachings were known and followed. There is no doubt about that. We have lot of feelings for Jesus, a prophet of God.

But I have lot of doubt about Jehova business. It is not true. Some one used the name of God for own purpose and built a religion (a big tower) on that name. It was not the right thing to do.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 1:03am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

The above is exactly the teaching of our prophet.  Exactly. And even now, we see such people who see but do not see and who hear or read but do not hear or read. There is even a verse of the Quran which is exactly the same as above.

So it is cry of the prophet Muhammad too. Would robin believe and try to do something to correct the mistake please.

According the the prophet I have made no mistake:-

*The Father is Jehovah

Edited by robin - 16 July 2008 at 1:03am
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 10:24pm

The above is exactly the teaching of our prophet.  Exactly. And even now, we see such people who see but do not see and who hear or read but do not hear or read. There is even a verse of the Quran which is exactly the same as above.

So it is cry of the prophet Muhammad too. Would robin believe and try to do something to correct the mistake please.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 1:11am
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Salam/Peace,

Agree Zaharah, many times Robin just copy and paste material that nothing to do with the question and even the discussed topic.

What did the Prophet Jesus say:-

Matthew 13:15-17
For the heart of this people has grown unreceptive, and with their ears they have heard without response, and they have shut their eyes; that they might never see with their eyes and hear with their ears and get the sense of it with their hearts and turn back, and I heal them.� 16 "However, happy are YOUR eyes because they behold, and YOUR ears because they hear. 17 For I truly say to YOU, Many prophets and righteous men desired to see the things YOU are beholding and did not see them, and to hear the things YOU are hearing and did not hear them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 53>
  Share Topic