IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Danish drawings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Danish drawings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Wrangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 8:37am

"Wrangel, the inspiration behind the cartoons and terrorist acts stem from the same evil... It is this evil that we - Muslims are against. I am not sure what are you against... or afraid of."

The inspiration behind the cartoons and terrorist acts do not stem from the same evil.
In the case of the Danish paper it was not delibarate evil, that caused that to wish to cause harm. The cause was ignorance. Add arrogance as well, I would not disagree with that.

What I am against... or afraid of? I am against a boycott of Danish industry because it hurts all Danes. Danes have to work for a living and there is a shortage of work already, before the boycott.

Afraid of? There are people in this world that commit terrorist acts in the name of Islam, killing people. There has already been threats against Denmark (and Norway). Surely you must realize that this is a worry. 

Why do you post things like this?

"Muslim children murdered live on air in varoius parts ot the world"

To me its just a sentence out of context. Those who does that I would be afraid of. But I don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by Wrangel
Tim Evans View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 8:35am

DavidC,

You seem to be missing the main point in all this. The dominant religious culture of the counties that are being blitzed by "the big guy" is Islam. The point of this provocation like many others is to inflame passions all round and break up the growing solidarity between people of all cultures against "the big guy".

Edited by Tim Evans
Tim in Britain
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 7:26am
Hi Mockba,

AL-Qaeda in Iraq has taken responsibility for many of the mosque bombings
and is encouraging more.

Either the protestors are elevating the image of Muhummad to the status of
a religious icon or they are reacting to a percieved personal humiliation (my
guess). This would also explain the denial of bin Ladin's evil nature, as
people get a vicarious thrill out of seeing the underdog win against the big
guy.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Tim Evans View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 6:10am

The traditional main purpos of 'satirical' cartoons was to expose and ridicule the high and mighty oppresses. Cartoons are a short sharp way of making a point rather than making a long speech. The question of tast is always a difficult matter, but cartoons mocking Bush and Blair over their hypocracy and vicious war-mongering stupidity, have done much to focus minds on the suffering of war ravished nations.

I understand that in this case the 'point' was deliberately to make a comparison between one image of bad tase (the 'cartoon') and other acts and images of butality(behedings). The question was then asked, 'which was the worst of the two and isn't it hypocritical to condemn one and not the otherr'? 

This deliberate provocation was at best just plain stupid and the all round ignorace of these smug well fed authors is breath-taking, thinking that this would divert everyone's attention from the real crooks who are running this planet.  

If they had any genuine understanding that the cause of the war and the brutality in Iraq and Palestine is the sole result of a crisis ridden capitalis system which can only offer war and more war, they would have directed their mocking 'skills' at the hipocritical money grabbing criminals and helped the poor resist oppression. 

Tim in Britain
MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 5:25am

Bismillah

David C, yes Muslims mosques are being bombed in Muslim countries murdering Muslims... but what makes you say that it is Muslims who bomb them? A "Salafi"? Is it one of those american aircraft carriers? Please give me a break.

I am against any kind of bombing and againts those who continue to develop and market bombs and all kinds of weapons but that does not mean that meanwhile i'm gonna pass by insulting cartoons without having a word to say.

These cartoons are just a part of the package which has already seen the Holy Quran flushed in the lavatory, Muslim children murdered live on air in varoius parts ot the world... or perhaps the latter is not from the print media desk... but it is related... it involves Muslims and everything that involves Muslims is related to Islam.

Wrangel, the inspiration behind the cartoons and terrorist acts stem from the same evil... It is this evil that we - Muslims are against. I am not sure what are you against... or afraid of.

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 4:30am
Christians do work to stop such things. We pray for the enlightenment of
those who draw such things.

Jesus said it is forgiveable for people to not believe in him. The only
unforgiveable sin is to disbelieve in the Holy Spirit - the power of God
working actively in the world.

Offensive cartoons are offensive to me, but that is my problem. The
cartoonist has their own soul to worry about. I feel pity for such people,
not anger.

And we all know what the Prophet Muhummad said about anger.

As an aside, I will be dropping out sometime today for a week or so. I
may or may not be able to follow up - usually there are so mant posts on
IC during a week I must just mark everything read and start over.
Maryga View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maryga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2006 at 3:50am

trbo let me try to answer your question.

The prohibition for making a picture or cartoon of the Prophet (PBUH) is not there in the Qur'an, however this prophibition has in all probabiity come from the Hadith (which is the saying's or practices of the Prophet (PBUH).

When one understands Islam then you will have no reason to doubt why this prohibition exists. Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) was the last of the messengers of God. Whilst all the previous messengers brought the same message as the Prophet Mohammed i.e- to believe in the ONENESS of God, their followers had the propensity to worship something that they could see and feel etc. This resulted in idol worship and the associating of other human beings including the messengers with God. Islam regards this association as the worst possible sin which God will never forgive. Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) ensured that unlike the previous prophets/messengers he himself does not become an object of worship. He made it very clear that he was only a servant of God and a Messenger.

With this background Muslims feel duty bound to protect Islam from any corruption by strongly upholding the commands of God and the teachings of the Prophet Mohammed (PBUH). It was completely wrong for the Danish press to have made those cartoons and Muslims are justified in being enraged by such actions. For your kind information Muslims also feel enraged by bad depictions of Jesus but are unable to protest when the Christians who actually worship him don't do much to stop it.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2006 at 6:22pm
The cartoon has been posted on drudge, and there is Arabic writing on the
bomb but I can't read Arabic.

The cartoon is well drawn but not that original IMHO.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic