IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interesting Statement by Annie2  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedInteresting Statement by Annie2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2006 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Annie:

I was a Christian for 36 years. I understand Christianity. Your argument might work with someone who has never been in contact with Christians, never studied Christainity, or never been a Christian, but it doesn't work with me. There is not much that you can tell me here about Christianity that I have not heard before. I may not be extremely knowledgeable about all denominations, but I understand the basics very well. I became a Muslim at the age of 36. I wasn't born one.

I studied Islam for quite a while before I reverted. I also had everyone in my family thinking I was crazy, and committing a sin, so they were throwing everything they could at me about the evils of Islam.

Do you think that there is some secret stash of information out there about how eveil Islam is that I did not have access to? What could you possibly have studied that I, as a Christian, could not have studied, even it if was something Muslims are not allowed to study?

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the West. All of these people becoming Muslims, were not Muslims first. So, even if there is some great conspiracy to keep Muslims from studying certain materials, these reverts would not be included in that group, would they?

Or, perhaps there's some way that these conspirators can tell ahead of time who might be likely to revert, so these deemed likely are also not allowed to read this secret material...Maybe we are marked from birth, so we just never even know it exists...

Perhaps you know ex-Muslims who hate Islam. I personally know one ex-Muslim. She doesn't hate Islam at all. She just wanted freedom. Freedom to do whatever she wanted and not have to answer to God for it. She admits this. Islam was just too hard for her, no drinking, no boyfriends, no pre-marital sex...

What insight do you have. You have shared nothing here that cannot be found on any anti-Islamic website. In some cases, verbatim...

Could not have said it better.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 5:45pm
Mishmish,

I think that everyone has to make a choice in their religion and you and I have made ours.

I know an ex-Muslim who sounds just like you.  She had so many questions about Islam and the answers never made sense to her so she left.  It was not about the freedom of doing what she couldn't as a Muslim.  She just didn't believe it.  And that sounds like you.  Some of the questions you ask of Christians here make it sound like you had very poor teachers.  True or not, that is my impression.

Christians are not supposed to have sex before marriage either, although some do.  Muslims are not supposed to drink or have sex outside of marriage but many of them do.  Muslims are not supposed to have affairs, but some do.   I understand that statistically Muslim men commit more rapes in Europe than others do.  They are not supposed to, but they do.

Also statistically Islam is not the fastest growing religion in the West by conversion.  You will find that Islam grows in the West by birth rate and immigration.  More women in the West convert to Islam because they have married a Muslim and want to please their husbands by converting.

What insight do I have?  Probably no more than anyone else who has studied Islam vs. Christianity/Muhammad vs. Jesus and rejected Islam.  I like Jesus' message, the one of peace.  I like the fact that he wanted his Gospel preached without the aid of a sword.  We have a choice, but the choice is not forced on us.  In Christianity's history people fell away from the teachings of Jesus and committed atrocities, but they went against the teachings of Jesus.  In the early days of Islam there was a choice too, convert, or pay the tax, or die.

I have read too many stories of Muslims who have left Islam who were murdered by other Muslims or their own families.  At least this did not happen to you when you left Christianity.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Annie

Edited by AnnieTwo
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

Aquinian View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 6:39pm

Not to ignite friction between the two opposing sides but...

If one has studied Christianity thoroughly (and studied other monotheistic faiths) and NOT found it to be the most accurate monotheistic faith, they are clearly not studying it accurately enough.

How could one see the Sun rise and still think it was night time?

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 7:17pm

Aquinian:

Most Muslims feel exactly the same way. After studying Islam and finding the simplicity and truthfulness of the message, who would choose otherwise?

Annie:

It is not that I had bad teachers, but rather that they were teaching impossible doctrine. You cannot logically teach something that has no logic.

I assume you consider yourself a good teacher, yet you cannot explain the Trinity or how Jesus is God. Not REALLY explain it. It just is. Why is it? Why would God go to all of the trouble of sending Messengers and Prophets for thousands of years, then show up on earth in person and keep it a big secret? Just because?

I have already posted an article by a Christian talking about the very real dangers of the numbers of older Western Christians reverting to Isam, and the reason why they revert. I can post it again if you like. Marriage had nothing to do with it. Logic and lack of blind superstition within Islam were the main reasons. You can believe this is not true if you choose, but that doesn't make it not true. Perhaps they all have had poor teachers?

You made a claim that most rapes in Europe are by Muslim men. I would like to see those statistics, because that is a very serious claim.

I have lived all over, been a Christian, now I am a Muslim for 10 years, and in all of this time and travel I have only ever met one true ex-Muslim. It is amazing to me that you apparently have met hoardes of them. Maybe they are hidden away with all of that secret material Muslims are not allowed to study.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2006 at 9:21pm

The issue at hand is the claim that they have really studied some subject, whatever that subject may be. Yet their polemics and background do not represent someone who has actually studied the subject, their presnetation is someone who studied the anti-thesis to the subject (polemics, etc).

That is the issue at hand.

Peace

Originally posted by Aquinian Aquinian wrote:

Not to ignite friction between the two opposing sides but...

If one has studied Christianity thoroughly (and studied other monotheistic faiths) and NOT found it to be the most accurate monotheistic faith, they are clearly not studying it accurately enough.

How could one see the Sun rise and still think it was night time?

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 5:25am

It is not that I had bad teachers, but rather that they were teaching impossible doctrine. You cannot logically teach something that has no logic.

I don't find the doctrine of the Trinity, if that is what you are referring to, illogical.  I find that God and what He has done completely beyond my understanding, yet I believe.  Like, for instance, how did He make the Universe?  It is illogical to think that He could just do it by saying the words.  I can't do that.  I can't make a chair by saying "be" and it is.  I don't expect to understand God and what He does and how He does it fully.  There are some things that are mysteries.

I assume you consider yourself a good teacher, yet you cannot explain the Trinity or how Jesus is God. Not REALLY explain it. It just is. Why is it? Why would God go to all of the trouble of sending Messengers and Prophets for thousands of years, then show up on earth in person and keep it a big secret? Just because? 

No, not "just because."  The problem is that sending the prophets didn't work and the law didn't work. 

Malachi 1. Behold I send My angel, and he will clear a way before Me. And suddenly, the Lord Whom you seek will come to His Temple. And behold! The angel of the covenant, whom you desire, is coming, says the Lord of Hosts.

I believe that this is the story involving Zechariah and the child that God promised him who was John the Baptist.  John was the messenger who would prepare the way for the Promised One, Messiah Jesus, who was God Himself incarnate.

There are some who call themselves Christians who do not believe that Jesus was divine and do not believe in the Trinity, yet they believe that Jesus was the Messiah.  Apparently Muslims reject this and claim that Jesus was "just" another anointed one.

I can easily see that Jesus called God his Father, so we have the Father.  Jesus claimed to be the Messiah, the son of God (a title of the Messiah).  I can also plainly see that Jesus spoke of the Holy Spirit of God.  That is enough for me.  I don't have to know how it all works.

I don't know how electricity works either but I believe it.

I have already posted an article by a Christian talking about the very real dangers of the numbers of older Western Christians reverting to Isam, and the reason why they revert. I can post it again if you like. Marriage had nothing to do with it. Logic and lack of blind superstition within Islam were the main reasons. You can believe this is not true if you choose, but that doesn't make it not true. Perhaps they all have had poor teachers? 

No, I haven't had poor teachers.

You made a claim that most rapes in Europe are by Muslim men. I would like to see those statistics, because that is a very serious claim.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=2150 2

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=2053 5

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/08/rape-nothing-to-do-with -islam.html

You can do your own googles.  Rape is a problem in all societies.  I understand from a recent article that in the US rapes have gone down since 1970.

I have lived all over, been a Christian, now I am a Muslim for 10 years, and in all of this time and travel I have only ever met one true ex-Muslim. It is amazing to me that you apparently have met hoardes of them. Maybe they are hidden away with all of that secret material Muslims are not allowed to study. 

<>You can do your own google: Muslims leaving Islam. 

<>I don't know what a "true ex-Muslim" or a "true ex-Christian" is. 

Annie

14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 11:21am

Annie:

Yes, I read the stats, apparently despite the huge climb in "Muslim" rape, it's still about 3% of all rapes commited in Europe. Who is commiting the other 97%?  I know, it wouldn't be Christians because TRUE Christians don't commit crimes.

The trinity is not the same as the creation of the earth. The trinity is associating partners with God, no matter how you try to gloss it over. God is One. That is the whole basis of monotheism. One God, not three.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2006 at 3:17pm

Annie:

Yes, I read the stats, apparently despite the huge climb in "Muslim" rape, it's still about 3% of all rapes commited in Europe. Who is commiting the other 97%?  I know, it wouldn't be Christians because TRUE Christians don't commit crimes.

Try not to be sarcastic, Mishmish.  Of course Christians commit rapes.  Look again at the reasons for the Muslim rapes.  Rape is a crime, not of lust, but of violence and disrespect of women.

The trinity is not the same as the creation of the earth. The trinity is associating partners with God, no matter how you try to gloss it over. God is One. That is the whole basis of monotheism. One God, not three.

Three what?  The Shema simply means that there is only one God.  The Shema says nothing about the nature of that one God.  Look at the Old Testament.  How many times do you see that there is only one God?  Many times.  If God wanted to make sure that His nature was not a tri-unity, you would see Him stating it over and over again, but you cannot find it--not in the Hebrew Scriptures.

Don't the Muslims associate "partners" with God when Muslims have to believe not only in God, but also in Muhammad?  What about the rest of us?  What about the Jews?  What about the Christians who are not trinitarians?

I have been told by Muslims that no religion but Islam, the religion of Muhammad, will be accepted by Allah.  How can this be?

You do not understand the Trinity or you would not say that it involves "partners" with God.  Is does not.

Once again, Jesus spoke of the Father, he said that he was the Son/Messiah and he spoke of the Holy Spirit which is the Comforter in the Gospel of John.

Jesus never spoke of a prophet who would come after him and he would have if that was the case.

Jesus is our last chance.

Annie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic