Printed Date: 30 April 2024 at 10:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Attention!
Posted By: rami
Subject: Attention!
Date Posted: 24 April 2005 at 4:05am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Explicit material will not be tolerated on this forum, whether it is sexual in nature or vulgor or simply for medical purposes or education. This is a religious forum please remember that.

Also please report any such posts and please do not reply to them, The forum guidlines will soon reflect this but i thought i will tell you in advance.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Replies:
Posted By: Nausheen
Date Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:52am

Auzubillahi minahs shaitan ir Rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

We recently realized the need for certain modifications in the forum guidelines. Three new regulations have been added. All board members are requested to make a note of these. Read all the rules carefully and abide by them for the smooth running of the message board.

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are expected to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find as worded in a somewhat unislamic way, may result in edition or deletion.

12. Materials that are explicit in nature, pertaining to sexuality will not be tolerated - even when the purpose is genuine.  

14. Graphic materials will not be entertained. Members can post URLs to such texts, however, all such texts should go with a forward warning the readers about the nature of the material. URLs posted without warning shall be removed.

Note: Moderators are here to make the goings smooth. Some people argue with them when they point a defect in the messages. Such users loose credibility in our estimation and their second mistake is usually treated more severely, please make a note of this fact.

Jazak allah khair,

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Posted By: Angel
Date Posted: 27 April 2005 at 1:41am

Quote Explicit material will not be tolerated on this forum, whether it is sexual in nature or vulgor or simply for medical purposes or education. This is a religious forum please remember that.

ok, I agree with the vulgor part but the other bits how is one suppose to discuss concerns on the subject, even for religious matters?

-------------
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Date Posted: 27 April 2005 at 2:03am

Quote 1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are expected to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find as worded in a somewhat unislamic way, may result in edition or deletion.

There is a problem with this. It seems to speak out that all non muslims talk will be edited or deleted, how are non muslims so to be islamic or talk in an islamic way when they are not ?

And this might / will also put off new members who wish to discuss things/islamic things because they don't know how to act in an islamic way.

What is the islamic way per the standards of "an" islamic cultural society ?

-------------

Posted By: Suleyman
Date Posted: 27 April 2005 at 10:44am

Good questions,i am waiting the answers...

Date Posted: 27 April 2005 at 10:52am
YUSUFALI: Verily, (the ends) ye strive for are diverse.

Date Posted: 27 April 2005 at 10:54am

another translation more fits to the tafseers...

PICKTHAL: Lo! your effort is dispersed (toward divers ends).

Posted By: Mustafaa
Date Posted: 28 April 2005 at 2:43am

I am not fully aware of what's happening here these days and what you're exactly talking about.

Nevertheless, based on my own experience, I can say that you edited one of my posts for only a slight and, I think, harmless amount of sexuality-related joking.

But anyway, it's rather your forum than mine and others. I'll conform to your rules.

-------------
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.

Posted By: -ArabianKnight-
Date Posted: 28 April 2005 at 9:19am

This forum has been around longer than most of us have been comming here to discuss/read... speaking for my self, I've been comming here for nearly 4 years. What i Observed is that this moderation fad - peaks every now and then.. and then fades...

Not to say its going to fade this time.. but who knows?...

There are always going to be a few "Bad Apples" as my favorite Commedian George W. Bush would say...  in the 4 years, there have been many "Trouble Makers"... not to mention any names.. but there have been many wackos before that just post some incidiary article to get some attention..  They come and they go.. I've seen quite a few..

I can only wonder who is pulling the strings here, as to ordering this heavy handed moderation - maybe its the islamic city people?... maybe not... This forum has been generally free and open - a forum where most-if not anything can be discussed and anyone is welcome no?.. This forum has had a progression much like the Real Islamic ummah, began gracefully, and now because of malcontents and trouble makers we are in a near police state.... a bad state...

If you are moderating to protect us, I ask, what are you protecting us FROM?.. we are all adults here?.. or mature enoupgh to deal with everything - and if some people are not.. then they stand out and loose respect of the community(Forum Goers)... Court of Public Opinion..

The forum has NOT lost its "Islamic Compass" ... its always been like this.. Its the muslim thing to do; to discuss anything and everything.. no? Not everyone who comes here is Muslim, That is the PoinT!.. there are people with diffrent opinions and ideas, this is a medium for them to express this. Comment on their Decorum - comment on their lack of respsect - their tone of voice or lack of respsect - but Changing the CONTENT of what they have to say, is the DEvils WORK!...

This forum has not lost its way, only people think it has - but hearing just what you want to hear is a recipe for stagnation and just alot of bad stuff.. intellectually and otherwise.. I know you cant moderate in a lazee-fair system, that would no doubt eventually bring chaos - but you cant also do it in a totalitarian fashion, there must be a delicate balanced that is to be achieved... just like in Reality..

As I have said Before, in the OLD forum...

Moderate ONLY in Moderation....

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger

Date Posted: 29 April 2005 at 6:32am

excellent post ArabianNight  

-------------

Date Posted: 29 April 2005 at 9:06am

The standards of moderation have not changed. What has changed is that we saw, some rules when they were tacit, many took the liberty of not respecting them. When this happens things need to be pronounced.

When you see the openness on this place, and no such rules as above, you presume, nothing untoward has been removed .. I dont want to list everything that is removed in this 4 years of moderating, just letting those who posted them, know (this time in clear words)that their efforts will be rendered futile.

As for who we are protecting ... well I have communicated with ppl who were 11 and 13. - not everyone is an adult as it is being presumed. They can surf theinternet and find whatever they want, but atleast not on an islamic website, such that they also know the dos and donts within this society.

As for old members like Angel and ArabianKnight who have shown concerns, just be yourself, you are doing fine.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 29 April 2005 at 9:42am

Quote many took the liberty of not respecting them

And how many actually read the rules, is more like the question, than changing them, not that I'm against changing the rules if need be.

Quote As for old members like Angel and ArabianKnight who have shown concerns, just be yourself, you are doing fine.

And what happened to Colin and Fezzi, they weren't fine, they were being themselves 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 April 2005 at 9:58am

not to keep beating the dead horse or whatnot.. I said my peace.. but just wanted to point this out..

although.. who really follows such rules anyway?... People speed 20+ beyond the speed limit... and people can click yes to this forum even though they are younger than 13... No one is there to enforce it untill you screw up.

And thats the point.. to assume everyone here is responsible and mature enoupgh... to handle it... Till they show otherwise(Reckless driving or plain incompetence) - if a 10 year old on this forum is reading about Contraception, Circumcision or other such topics.. They could do alot worse, its better he or she learns it on such an intellectual forum as This, rather than elsewhere on the internet... If they have access to the internet to go whever they please - then atleast its some sort of blessing and sign of maturity that they come here..no?

What dos and Donts are there in an islamic society that we cant talk about?.. We're not living in middle age Europe.. or 16th Century Salem... you're not going to retrograde 50 years of progress where after nearly 700 years in the dark ages.... are you?.. Back in the Olden Days... the Days of Prophet Muhammad, people asked him all sorts of wierd questions... Nothing was off limits.. according to the hadiths anyway... and No debate here should be off-limits, IF it is done in a proper and respectful way..

Conflict and Debate are the essense of progress...

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Posted By: ummziba
Date Posted: 29 April 2005 at 11:06am

Maybe something we need to keep in mind here is that this forum is open to and read by both men and women.  Think about how you would act and talk in front of your own family: your parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles or spouse.  Think about how you would act and talk in front of people you love and respect and who love and respect you.  If what you post on this forum is not appropriate in those situations, then it isn't appropriate here either.  I think this is simple way to illustrate what "Islamic behavior" here should be.

This is not a singles bar, or a mall, or a bunch of same sex chums chatting.  I think people expect the posts on an Islamic (or any religious) site to be polite, informative and most of all appropriate for all who may read it.

Yes, the Prophet (pbuh) answered all sorts of questions as seen in the ahadith but I am absolutely sure that he never would have permitted name calling, put downs, sarcastic hurtful remarks or inappropriate talk from anyone.

Yes, we should be able to talk about anything here, within reason.  I for one, did not come to an Islamic site to hear ridiculous sexual jokes, graphic descriptions of mutilation, people being downright rude to one another or other such things that would be inappropriate in a family setting.

Perhaps this is the "Islamic" values/guidelines/manners we are looking for here: simply, if you wouldn't say it to your grandmother, why would you say it here?

With all due respect, I don't think non-Muslims should have a say in how an Islamic forum should be run.  Don't go taking offense - finish reading first!  I mean, of course, you are all most welcome here, your ideas and opinions help enrich the dialogue.  But, it is not appropriate to tell the Muslims how you want to behave/talk on an Islamic forum.  When you are a guest in someone else's home, you should act accordingly. 

For example, I wouldn't go to a Christian or Hindu or other religious forum and then balk at their rules.  I would expect to follow them because it is their "house" so I should behave according to what they expect.

I hope I am not offending anyone, that is not my intention.  I am just trying to illlustrate how we should be behaving here on this Islamic forum, and that all our guests (and all the Muslims for that matter) should be most welcome if they follow the "house rules".  I don't see how anyone can have a problem with that (I mean following the rules of any forum they visit).

Anyway, that is only my opinion and others are entitled to theirs.

4:135 - O ye who believe!  Stand out firmly for justice, as witnessess to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both.  Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest ye swerve, and if ye distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily, Allah is well acquainted with all that ye do.

Peace, ummziba.

-------------
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~

Date Posted: 29 April 2005 at 4:05pm

Angel and Arabian Knight,

If you dont like the rules, pls dont follow them.

I for one will follow and treat everyone according to these.

As for Fezzi and Colin, I have already said there is no room for an appeal, just remember, it is in my hand to keep them suspended for longer so dont push me too hard.

Thank you,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 1:31am

Quote If you dont like the rules, pls dont follow them.

It's got nothing to do with whether I like the rules or not!!

Quote As for Fezzi and Colin, I have already said there is no room for an appeal, just remember, it is in my hand to keep them suspended for longer so dont push me too hard.

This is a threat against me (and arabiannight), Nausheen, how could you  you have no right to do so, its got nothing to do with the boards or its rules/regulatons!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 1:35am
Angel,there was problem in the board with Rehmat and i think under the pressure of his writings accusing everybody as a zionist(including me) Sr.Nausheen tried to re-compose the authority and i think while doing that she passed out of the limits;as you cam imagine and understand...no need to be offended....

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 2:01am

Suleyman, look at the last sentence Nausheen mentioned to me - it is in my hand to keep them suspended for longer so dont push me too hard. nothing to do with the boards but a threat so yes I will take offense, Nausheen had no right to do that Suleyman.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 3:00am

Angel,i am 100% with u;you are right,no doubt...;but please value the words in the conjectures they live in...Rehmat's words made her angry and i know that when she gets angry she looses her perception;for her perception you are the witness in the board you have been living in;you are witness that she could not the write the words to you,no needed and i was waiting it's effects on you,heartbreak...think about that;she got angry and lost the control;if we were in the position she lives inside the responsibilities of the board facing with Rehmat's words it will come to you normal falling in a mistake like this...do you know what happened to the others?...let me tell u...she kicked Blond to the outside of the board,absolutely he injured....she suspended both Fezziwig and Colin,she said shut up to all of the class;may be needed,Allah knows the best...Angel,think about that ;what about you,what happened to you?...you are living and you are in the board,you can sign in freely...Angel,this means that she cares u and loves...sometimes loves does not come with the flowers...please do not offend and mind...there is no perfect person in the world while trusting to them;at the top including me...

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 9:09am

I want to make this last attempt to communicate the reasons for the amendments in the rules.

This will also be my last post on this thread, because if I am unable to communicate myself this time, nothing said, can help - and we will have to live in disagreement on the issue.

I am not here to break hearts, judge ppl for how they treat me, or mix my anger for one to take it out on another. When I explained rationally you persisted in not paying any heed to the need, and when I spoke with exasperation, you see it as a threat. I am not the only one who shld care about you, you should also return the care with care. This is how we function in a society. Mine was not a threat to scare you away, it is to make you reflect you are being impossible, and this is not fair to me, because I am not impossible with you. I have extended a hand of friendship to most of you.

We need these rules, and we need your cooperation to implement these. If no one is ready to co operate, the whole place can crumble down and we will be going home.

Why do we need them?.... I noticed some ppl have not followed them when they were not in a written format.

If the nonmuslims are here, and they have found room for themselves on this forum, they shld be proud of themselves, they know how to respect and earn respect within Muslims. 

If someone feels unwelcome, because Islamic adab is maintained and expected from the members, then that person is insincere from the very start.  If you do not want us to maintain our decorum, it is very sad. If you do not want us to make it clear that we strive to maintain this decorum, it is still very sad.

Secondly, this decorum is foiled on occasions by non-muslims as well as muslims, so the rules are  for both, and not just the non-muslims alone.

We are very different from the west ... what ppl may think is okay, is sometimes not okay here. 

People may think they have cracked a casual joke, but can I ask you if that joke was okay for you to crack in front of your mother? I dont know if I can ask you and make you realise it was out of line here,  because sadly among muslims, the muslim standards have deteriorated. 

We are not a sight of fiqh. We are not qualified scholars or medical doctors here. If there are explicit questions pertaining these matters, your sincerity in seeking the answer will be better served if you take them to an appropriate website. If ppl under 13 are not allowed, still ppl at 13, 14, 15, and 16 are very young.  I dont want their purity to be marred by some information lying here carelessly, and unattended. We are Muslims, and we consider our children as a trust from Allah.

Graphic material can make some people sick. I felt sick reading one of the posts here, and what i thought was there could be many who are not strong, just like myself, or may be they are weaker than me. There are many ppl in our society who are patients of clinical depression, plus there are immature minds of children to whom we are making the information freely available. Should we not be caring for them in our writings and sharing of material? 

I hope I have explained myself rationally, and with no attempt of breaking hearts.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 9:31am

I dont think this is about anger...ceartinly hope not...  but I'll reply to suleyman...

Hey there Suleyman.. Guess what?... I was angry so I shot my wife... is that ok?... I was ANGRY!... Does that sound alright to you?... I was emotional there for a second.. and gosh darn.... had a gun in my hands.. and she said somthing to make me angry - so I pointed it at her and PUlled the TRigger..  BANG!.. she goes down... blood everywhere...   I was ANGRY SULEYMAN!.. ANGRY!!!!!!!!!!  I'm off the hook right? Because I was AnGry!  grrrrrrrrrr   

I'm not married.. and nor would I ever do this... even if she was trying to shoot me first.. haha..

But suleyman, with my little sarcastic parable there- its sounds like you're excusing actions while being angry.... I dont think nausheen was angry - but if she was.. Its no Excuse..I'm sure she knows that..

If you cant be excused for what you do, while being intoxicated/drunk what makes you think Anger or other emotions have a chance? You must be responsible for your actions... Controll of your faculties when operating heavy machinery..

EMOTIONAL STATE OF MIND IS Not An Excuse!... eh.. but insanity maybe....

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 10:41am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh Sister,

Sister,none of us disagrees with u,i confirm your rational reasons on the issue...there was an only one thing came to us so strange,the style of composing the rules...as you know from the old users time i had been all calling to you for these rules for being established in the board;but now i see that the style of composing these rules came to me a little bit struggle show,a little bir rude...why?;because no needed,when you said something and we denied and not accepted?,tell me when?...i see the heartbreak on the eyes of Angel,because if someone suddenly forces you to do something while you are ready to agree and if you care this person and persons shouts you then you think that the friendship between each other is artificial that she deleted us in one minute;also you disagree with the negative energy comes from the cross...Sister,this issue has no connection with rationality(but relax i am irrational=1+1/2),...this is an another thread proves that the users of this board really cares to each other...no need to adding more things to that thread...i believe that Angel will help us for improving the new situation of the board after she has finished her kit-kat  biscuits...where we left,peace...Wa Salaam...

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 10:49am

Arabianknight,i am trying to improving the ambiance and you are working from the opposite side,thank you very much for your help;appreciated...sometimes we should put the materials into our hearts for the next shiny steps...all i do is this that also Sister Nausheen has trustable reasons about the issue which i have been calling for these rules for more than a year...good to see that Sister Nausheen took this decision,one years ago she was at the opposite side...Alhamdulilah...the problem was telling the style of explaining the rules to the users...

Arabianknight,do you live in Texas?...hey,i love Texas don't think that i am again joking with you...howd'y?  

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 6:28pm

Quote Angel,i am 100% with u;you are right,no doubt...;but please value the words in the conjectures they live in...Rehmat's words made her angry and i know that when she gets angry she looses her perception;for her perception you are the witness in the board you have been living in;you are witness that she could not the write the words to you,no needed and i was waiting it's effects on you,heartbreak...think about that;she got angry and lost the control;if we were in the position she lives inside the responsibilities of the board facing with Rehmat's words it will come to you normal falling in a mistake like this...do you know what happened to the others?...let me tell u...she kicked Blond to the outside of the board,absolutely he injured....she suspended both Fezziwig and Colin,she said shut up to all of the class;may be needed,Allah knows the best...Angel,think about that ;what about you,what happened to you?...you are living and you are in the board,you can sign in freely...Angel,this means that she cares u and loves...sometimes loves does not come with the flowers...please do not offend and mind...there is no perfect person in the world while trusting to them;at the top including me...

That's no excuse Suleyman, you agree with me 100% but yet you make excuses for Nausheen's mistake/threat against me. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:01pm

I don't know if that 'you' is for me or if its for everybody?

Quote I want to make this last attempt to communicate the reasons for the amendments in the rules.

I understand why you changed them. 

Quote I am not here to break hearts, judge ppl for how they treat me, or mix my anger for one to take it out on another. When I explained rationally you persisted in not paying any heed to the need, and when I spoke with exasperation, you see it as a threat.

Nausheen, I very much paid heed to the need, don't get me wrong on this, no where I have disgreed about the need of changes in the rules. You have failed to see this.

And you have mixed your anger (if you were angry which I doubt it) for one to take it out on another, you basically said that if I don't stop appealing about the discision on Colin, Fezz you would keep the suspension on longer. If that is not a threat then I don't know what is! You said that to make me quiet but I won't, not when I see it has nothing to do with the board rules or the board itself. You were out of line. And I will make it known that I have never appealed about the discision you made. I respected that, it was already done and nothing to able to be done. There was also another similar case else where you put personal in front of the board and nothing to do with the board rules.

Quote I am not the only one who shld care about you, you should also return the care with care.

And why do you think I have gone into lenghty details in explaining to you about everythings, why do you think I've taken the time in all this, its because I do care and care about the boards, you have failed to see this but instead see that I am against you and the need to change the rules, If I didn't care I would simply leave! I saw unrealistic goals in some of the rules that won't work in favour of islamicity and talked about it to you. I was never against the need to change the rules.

Quote This is how we function in a society. Mine was not a threat to scare you away, it is to make you reflect you are being impossible, and this is not fair to me, because I am not impossible with you. I have extended a hand of friendship to most of you.

You do become impossible Nausheen, and I mean no offence but you shut down and won't see things from other perceptives.

I am not being impossible Nausheen And that statement to me was not for a reflection because I was impossible, it was a threat. If you want to ask me not to do something don't make a threat out of it!

Quote We need these rules, and we need your cooperation to implement these. If no one is ready to co operate, the whole place can crumble down and we will be going home.

Yes we need these rules and you know that I will implement them as I have done so, but I do see some not working well and I've explained this to you, not because I'm impossible nor wanting to follow them.   

Quote Why do we need them?.... I noticed some ppl have not followed them when they were not in a written format.

Fine I know we need rules but the revised ones are a little unrealistic and I see it won't work in favour for IC.

Quote If the nonmuslims are here, and they have found room for themselves on this forum, they shld be proud of themselves, they know how to respect and earn respect within Muslims.

Really!, I do agree with you but... 

Quote If someone feels unwelcome, because Islamic adab is maintained and expected from the members, then that person is insincere from the very start.  If you do not want us to maintain our decorum, it is very sad. If you do not want us to make it clear that we strive to maintain this decorum, it is still very sad.

I want you to have an islamic decorum but what you asks is a little unrealistic, It's made it unbalanced and separated the two groups, its painly not fair on the non muslims, its not netural, yes this is an islamic board but its not so conservative not when you have both othodox and unorthodox muslims, and having some muslims who are willing to speak out more than other muslims.  

Quote Secondly, this decorum is foiled on occasions by non-muslims as well as muslims, so the rules are  for both, and not just the non-muslims alone.

The old rules provided this for both non muslims and muslims, the revised ones do not.

Quote We are very different from the west ... what ppl may think is okay, is sometimes not okay here.

This is not about the differences of the West!! I can't stress that enough! Not every non muslim is from the west! Not every muslim is othodox or conservative!  

Quote People may think they have cracked a casual joke, but can I ask you if that joke was okay for you to crack in front of your mother? I dont know if I can ask you and make you realise it was out of line here,  because sadly among muslims, the muslim standards have deteriorated. 

Actually I agree with you here. and also that some muslims their standards have dropped.

FYI, my relatonship with my mother is quite fine and I speak to her about anything as well as crack jokes, not all cracked causal jokes are bad. And that bit you deleted of mine that I replied to Rehmat about, my mum would be fine with it.  

Quote We are not a sight of fiqh. We are not qualified scholars or medical doctors here. If there are explicit questions pertaining these matters, your sincerity in seeking the answer will be better served if you take them to an appropriate website.

I very much agree with you here but there is no need to ban matters on sexual matters, and as I said to you before: if this board is for people then shouldn't the people have a say in what they want to discuss in cordial and respectful nature, if muslims want to talk about sexual matters then they should have the right to do so, no matter if islamical societies are conservative. you can't ban the subject as you have done that is not fair on anyone. You can moderator what is being said so it says geninue and educational.

Quote If ppl under 13 are not allowed, still ppl at 13, 14, 15, and 16 are very young.  I dont want their purity to be marred by some information lying here carelessly, and unattended. We are Muslims, and we consider our children as a trust from Allah.

So you moderate what is being said. 

Quote Graphic material can make some people sick. I felt sick reading one of the posts here, and what i thought was there could be many who are not strong, just like myself, or may be they are weaker than me. There are many ppl in our society who are patients of clinical depression, plus there are immature minds of children to whom we are making the information freely available. Should we not be caring for them in our writings and sharing of material? 

Yes I agree with you here but there is no need in banning or suspend people, most especially when you don't give warnings and let people explain themselves - in a court of law you get heard before a discision is made about your fate.  

-------------

Posted By: Tasneem
Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:39pm

Assalam-alaikum!

I have only recently joined this forum and so far I have enjoyed being on it and InshaAllah I wish to continue and contribute my 2 cents worth. I have been on many other forums and have become very frustrated with the Islam bashing that goes on. The moderators on those forums seem to enjoy all the racist comments and no amount of decency and reason convinces them to intervene and stop the slurs that are posted on Islam. I have read this thread and the conflict between the moderators and the members. As I have not read the posts that are the source of the conflict I am not qualified to make judgements. However, I endorse 100% the post of Ummziba. In Islam we maintain a certain decorum in our speech and behaviour whether they be Muslim or Non-Muslim. It is not a question of orthodoxy or not. If someone goes out of this decorum and is vulgar, it is not unorthodox but simply unIslamic. I for one would also find it uncomfortable to remain on a forum that allows open discussion on issues that I would not discuss in front of my parents. Since this is an Islamic website, please let us maintain that decorum.

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:50pm

Angel Wrote: "That's no excuse Suleyman, you agree with me 100% but yet you make excuses for Nausheen's mistake/threat against me." 

Angel what can i do?,as she said i am irrational that can't find the 100%,i am absent...may be i had given yours 10000%,who realized?...discussion is going well...no problem...

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:57pm

ah you crack me laughing suleyman -  

-------------

Date Posted: 01 May 2005 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

is this that also Sister Nausheen has trustable reasons about the issue which i have been calling for these rules for more than a year...good to see that Sister Nausheen took this decision,one years ago she was at the opposite side...

SO YOU"RE CULPRIT RESPONDIBLE!.... THE ONE WHO IS SHAKING THE FOUNDATIONS oF ThiS ONCE STaBLE BOARD!...

Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Arabianknight,do you live in Texas?...hey,i love Texas don't think that i am again joking with you...howd'y?  

Look Suleyman.. I cant understand you 1/2 the time... I make the effort but i'm at a loss... so this time I'm just going to Nod and Smile..  

In the end of the day.. My biggest issue is this one prhase..

Originally posted by Nausheen and the other Moderators Nausheen and the other Moderators wrote:

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are expected to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find as worded in a somewhat unislamic way, may result in edition or deletion.

I passionatly detest this phrase.. This to me, is like saying all blue cars will be blown to bits.. I drive a light blue-green car.. from far away it looks blue.. but form close inspection.. its clearly greenish..( I know its really cool )  ok..So what do we do?.. Does my beloved car get blown up?..  By WHOS interpretation of BLUE do we go by?.. I remeber one guy who might have destroyed a yellow car just because its a color right next to blue on the primary color wheel.. I think his name was Usama...

The point is.. What does Islamic Mean?... Islamic According to WHOM?.. some of us are "Liberal Muslims" and Others.. "Conservative" One might consider somthing acceptable in an Islamic Society.. the other - may not.. Like you said.. we are not Scholars here.. and nor are the moderators.. so oh my.. what Ever Will WE Do?.. THanks to Suleyman we Are not in Kansas Any More... 

HEres an example i came up with..

What if one of the Moderators is from Saudi Arabia.. for example and another from the United States..Both are Muslims.. one of them might slap you for saying Sex.. the other moderator - probably wouldnt care... because you were talking about filling out a JOB application and it asked if you were male or female.. (just an example) ..

maybe an extreme exaduration.. but such things do infact happen.. you know it does.. who would have thought that mankind would have walked on the moon 200 years ago?.. I know I didnt.. it took me by suprise!

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Date Posted: 02 May 2005 at 1:08pm

Look Suleyman.. I cant understand you 1/2 the time... I make the effort but i'm at a loss... so this time I'm just going to Nod and Smile..  

Me too,let's do it together;+

Date Posted: 02 May 2005 at 10:51pm

assalamu alaikum

I have not been reading this thread due to lack of time, so please understand what i am about to say in that context.

Firstly i aproached the sister about amending the rules to this forum.

To much explicit material was being posted, as my original post says so any amendmants to the guidlines are in that context mainly.

If i knew what colin blond and fez actually said at the time i would have told the sister to ban them for much longer, it was un-islamic, un-christian and un what ever religion you follow it was completely pathetic and the only explanation i can come up with for what they said was that they had one to many to drink and there judgment was bieng influenced.(not meaning blond)

read the forum guidlines again,

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are requested to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find insensitive, may result in edition or deletion.

it still means exactly the same thing as the last, this is an islamic forum and islamic standards are upheld. but the word un-islamic seems to mean to many different things to people.

Bottom line any un-islamic (insensative behaviour by muslim general standards, which is pretty much the same as christian standards) will not be tolerated.

-------------
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.

Posted By: Colin
Date Posted: 03 May 2005 at 12:03am

Rami Wrote:

Quote If i knew what colin blond and fez actually said at the time i would have told the sister to ban them for much longer, it was un-islamic, un-christian and un what ever religion you follow it was completely pathetic and the only explanation i can come up with for what they said was that they had one to many to drink and there judgment was bieng influenced.(not meaning blond)

Rami: I said nothing wrong, There were no swear words in my reponses. I was simply and calmly chiding "Blond" for making such outrageous and racist claims. Please read what I actually wrote before pointing fingers and questioning my sobriety.. 

In the thread about apes, "Blond" asserted that [moderator edited]

------------------------------------

I simply said that "it was an unusual topic of conversation to have with anyone, but each to their own"

Blond replied something like; "Aren't you the holy one"

I replied "I never really discuss such matters. I don't know if that makes me holy, but it probably makes me normal."

--------------------------------

Perhaps, with hindsight I should have ignored his/her strange allegations. But recently there has been far too much of this type of particularly racist and anti-semitic bilge allowed to go virtually unchecked by the IC mods. In view of the lack of action by the moderators, I felt duty bound to highlight this regularly outspoken member and make him/her look stupid. (I mean more stupid that he/she made himself/herself look by posting such drivel in the first place).

Perhaps If the moderators had acted quicker in removing that rude, propagandist agitator "Rehmat", people like "Blond" would have felt less encouraged to make this type of scurrilous claim in the first place.

As a member of this board for nearly 4 years, I was most surprised to see this " Rhemat" guy being allowed a virtually free rein to spread his brand of vile propaganda for so long...He managed to annoy both Muslim and Non-Muslim members in equal proportion.

Peace,  Colin

i understand you are simply trying to explain but i can not allow that to remain.rami.

Date Posted: 03 May 2005 at 12:18am

Hi Colin,

Quote Perhaps, with hindsight I should have ignored his/her strange allegations. But recently there has been far too much of this type of particularly racist and anti-semitic bilge allowed to go virtually unchecked by the IC mods. In view of the lack of action by the moderators, I felt duty bound to highlight this regularly outspoken member and make him/her look stupid. (I mean more stupid that he/she made himself/herself look by posting such drivel in the first place).

I personaly do not read every post, i posted some time ago that if you have aproblem with a certain post please report it i only recieved a number of reports on Rehamts posts. The moderators did not delete his posts generaly becouse we could not find a forum guidline he was breaking, i am not aware of his posts being anti jewish but anti establishment. Simply becouse a person did not like what he posted was not enough reason to delete the post.

regarding what you said about the discussion that took place i am not aware of what specific indaviduals said only the topics discussed and some vulgor points raised.

-------------

Posted By: Colin
Date Posted: 03 May 2005 at 12:46am

Rami wrote:

I personaly do not read every post, i posted some time ago that if you have aproblem with a certain post please report it i only recieved a number of reports on Rehamts posts. The moderators did not delete his posts generaly becouse we could not find a forum guidline he was breaking, i am not aware of his posts being anti jewish but anti establishment. Simply becouse a person did not like what he posted was not enough reason to delete the post.

By mainly posting material copied from other sites (And not following normal "netiquette" by quoting the source), and more seriously, flooding the whole forum with such material without the obvious intention of engaging in proper debate, he was effectively spamming the boards. I believe this is strictly against most discussion board's guidelines of what constitutes acceptable behaviour. His rudeness and lack of respect may not have been strictly against the rules, but I think it was pretty obvious to many here that Rehmat's behaviour had the potential to ruin what has in my years at Islamicity, been first rate discussion forum.

And:

Quote regarding what you said about the discussion that took place i am not aware of what specific indaviduals said only the topics discussed and some vulgor points raised.

In reply to Blond, I didn't actually discuss the topic of Blond's post. I only questioned the strangeness of blond making such a post in the first place. I don't think that in itself was justification enough for me to be suspended without appeal. But hey, it's your forum and I accept that you can take any actions you deem appropriate.

Peace Colin

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 03 May 2005 at 1:39am

There seems to be quite an unfolding on moderating here. Well, moderating here is not a censorship board, neither does the message go through scanning prior to being made visible on the board. What's a fuss?

It seems there hasn't been an interesting and challenging topic lately which is why some got into personal accusations and heated finger pointing. Moderating here, is not expression of authority, supreme intelligence or extraordinary piety  - it is a mere keeping place clean from obscenities, vulgarities, spam, name-calling etc. Different people have different definition and understanding of these, however the effort is being made to keep discussions within Islamic principles as much as possible... though not always possible. 

I do not think that Moderators need to explain themselves when and why they take action. Prior to deleting, or imposing a ban, there are various indications and warnings, both direct and indirect that take place.   

Unfortunately, I am not familiar of the discussion being discussed, therefore can't comment on that specific issue. But from knowing moderators, tend to believe that the ban was not unjustified. 

Let's move on...

-------------
MOCKBA

Posted By: nadir
Date Posted: 03 May 2005 at 5:00am

Assalaamu Alaikum

Sister Nausheen,

I feel for you, and sympathise with the somewhat impossible task (of keeping all happy).

Nausheen stated: �We are not qualified scholars or medical doctors here. If there are explicit questions pertaining these matters, your sincerity in seeking the answer will be better served if you take them to an appropriate website.�

Does this mean we are not allowed to challenge scholars or medical doctors, because we deem their knowledge superior to ours? I only ask, as I personally do not blindly follow anyone, whether it is a scholar, or a doctor.

I personally have witnessed doctors diagnosing people with terminal diseases/cancers, and some even go to the length of naming a possible time of death (ie you have 3 months to live). The relevance of this point is that, very rarely are these �time to live� estimates correct, and there are even cases where patients recover completely, hence for dr�s to state such derogative comments (which often have very negative effects), I deem to be wrong.

Sister Nausheen, I know you have stated that you are not going to make any further posts within this thread, however I was wondering if we could please discuss the subject matter of � how a person believes (sometimes blindly), somebody else in matters where they have no knowledge themselves. (ie if I knew nothing about computers, & asked you [�as an expert�], I would believe what you told me, as I would have no reason/knowledge to doubt you).       

MOKBA, you stated: It seems there hasn't been an interesting and challenging topic lately��.. please be my guest, and start a topic (you deem interesting) for us.

Waslaam

Nadir

Date Posted: 03 May 2005 at 6:04am

Quote By mainly posting material copied from other sites (And not following normal "netiquette" by quoting the source), and more seriously, flooding the whole forum with such material without the obvious intention of engaging in proper debate, he was effectively spamming the boards. I believe this is strictly against most discussion board's guidelines of what constitutes acceptable behaviour.

A pattern of behaviour had to first be established, meaning this takes time. I actually considered the issue of spamming and counted his posts in certain sections, personaly i do not believe they fell into this category but no means was he flooding the board.

i asked him to tone down his reply and he did so to some extent although not enough to stop bothering people i guess.

i think we should move on as br Mockba sugested.

Nadir
Quote Does this mean we are not allowed to challenge scholars or medical doctors, because we deem their knowledge superior to ours? I only ask, as I personally do not blindly follow anyone, whether it is a scholar, or a doctor.

the idea of chalenging an opinion would mean that something has to be posted first for you to chalenge it.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2005 at 8:44am

An example under oppression in the new circumstances is bro Rehmat I think.

Brother Rehmat is such an intelligent brother who gives such intelligent answers to evil allegations. But some forum members came to dislike him, and he was declared an unwanted man.

If he has chosen to leave the forum, then we seem to have lost very much.

Certainly we didn't have to find him moderate enough for him to continue as a member of the forum.

From what I have read of his posts so far, I make this comment. 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 May 2005 at 1:50pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Originally posted by Mustafaa Mustafaa wrote:

An example under oppression in the new circumstances is bro Rehmat I think.

Rehmat is the most disrespectful Muslim I met on Islamicty in 4 years.

He called everyone zionost. Twisted and ended every discussion into an anti zion/anti-Jew propaganda.

He is unwelcome on Islamicity, and those who resort to his methods are likewise unwelcome.

Maa salaama,

Nausheen

-------------

[/COLOR]

Date Posted: 04 May 2005 at 7:50am

Quote The moderators did not delete his posts generaly becouse we could not find a forum guidline he was breaking,

I don't know I think number 11 & 8 comes to mind:

11. Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening and harassing comments are not tolerated. ALL comments by the person who adopts such a manner may be removed and the person will lose the privilege of participating in the forums in future. We will try to block attempts from the same person to sign up with a different name as well.

8. Posting several messages at random and not responding to the generated questions or dialogues following the original posts may also be considered as spamming.

Not to mention going way off topic many times within a thread.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2005 at 9:06am

Why haven't I encountered a post in which he called people zionists?

Sorry, you may be right. But I have never seen moderators and most of the fellow old gang behave in a reasonable, balanced way towards new users, the IslamiCity apprentices. So, I can't trust you completely.

I was being so much abused by a certain master of wicked rhetoric called Averroes. He used to write long things. Amid this long stuff, he used to call me "unmanly", "fool", etc.

My poor self could never respond to his malicious rhetoric for the following reasons and some others: My English was not so good at the time; my nerves have not been strong; and I did not have enough time to think and respond to him.

Yet the chief moderator was charmed by his shallow ability of long-writing and rhetoric and indirectly helped him abuse me deeply,� by defending him against everyone whom he slandered, abused and insulted maliciously.

Bad old days returning.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2005 at 9:12am

Please Rami, NAusheen, or any other moderator,

If you have problems with the above post as well, carry it to an appropriate forum instead of deleting it. I spent so much valuable time and money for the cybercafe to write it.

You have started military discipline against me and others by claiming even very relevant things to be irrelevant with the topic. Be as much as arbitrary and military as you like, but at least repsect the time I spent writing my messages and carry them to related topics or forums instead of mercilessly editing them away or deleting them on the SUBJECTIVE UNPROVABLE claim that they are not relevant, etc. Huh!

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2005 at 11:07am
Bismillahir rahmanir raheem

Quote I don't know I think number 11 & 8 comes to mind:

i have clearly said i do not read every post! if you thought a rule was being broken why did you not report it!

Mustafah your understanding of chaging topics of a thread is different than ours, there is tolarance as long as it does not go to off topic.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 May 2005 at 12:45pm

Please Rami, NAusheen, or any other moderator,

If you have problems with the above post as well, carry it to an appropriate forum instead of deleting it. I spent so much valuable time and money for the cybercafe to write it.

You have started military discipline against me and others by claiming even very relevant things to be irrelevant with the topic. Be as much as arbitrary and military as you like, but at least repsect the time I spent writing my messages and carry them to related topics or forums instead of mercilessly editing them away or deleting them on the SUBJECTIVE UNPROVABLE claim that they are not relevant, etc. Huh!

Es_Selam'un Aleykum Mustafa,

brother,trust me that it needed...Wa Salaam...

Date Posted: 07 May 2005 at 3:41am

Idiotic anti-Islamic messages and their writers stand unharmed and seriously responded, but I find blue editions on my posts on the spurious charge of going off topic.

How can I report it, Rami? You wrote something like "if you write anything further about this in this thread, your posts will get deleted." 

I take this to be a show of intense dislike of me and a desire to bully me on false charges. Vulgar indeed. 

Stay away from arguments, huh Nausheen? You didn't even read my email and responded only on conjecture. That's your way of moderation, err your way of dictatorship.

May Allah protect the ummah from dictators like you.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2005 at 3:44am

In shaa Allah, Mustafaa leaves forever now. He will not return until more modest and balanced moderators take charge of this site.

The moderators of another forum that I visit now ( http://www.islamicaweb.com - www.islamicaweb.com ) are not perfect, either. But at least they do not behave like dictators who abuse their power to bully users.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 May 2005 at 9:40am

Mystify wrote:

May Allah protect the Emma from dictators like you.

Es_Slamming Alum Brother Mystify,

Brother,Sister Nausheen is different than we have imagined in our minds till to that time,i know how it's an big disappointment realizing that;but no need to giving so much worth,don't mind,no more loosing more times and duas;every body goes the way and carry it's responsibilities and Allah is the observer;we are at the outside of the scene;please no need to breaking your heart...keep on writing in the board while i disagree with your words you have stated about Rehmat and the new regulation of the board...Wa Salaam...

Date Posted: 07 May 2005 at 9:42am
Mystify?,Emma?...what's happening?

Date Posted: 17 May 2005 at 2:22am

assalamu alaikum

Quote Idiotic anti-Islamic messages and their writers stand unharmed and seriously responded, but I find blue editions on my posts on the spurious charge of going off topic.

How can I report it, Rami? You wrote something like "if you write anything further about this in this thread, your posts will get deleted." 

I take this to be a show of intense dislike of me and a desire to bully me on false charges. Vulgar indeed. 

Stay away from arguments, huh Nausheen? You didn't even read my email and responded only on conjecture. That's your way of moderation, err your way of dictatorship.

May Allah protect the ummah from dictators like you.

I sugest you improve your english skills they are the cause of much of your misunderstanding, interprate my statments how ever you like but read the forum Guidlines first.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 May 2005 at 6:20pm

Assalam-alaikum Mustafa

I haven't been on this forum for long and I have felt very much like you. Reading through a few other threads there are a number of people who are in the same boat. Let us continue to make our contributions with the hope and prayer that Allah makes it of some use to those who read. Let our aim be to spread the truth of Islam and ignore the weaknesses of the moderators.

Brother Rami wrote "I sugest you improve your english skills they are the cause of much of your misunderstanding, interprate my statments how ever you like but read the forum Guidlines first."

Sorry, but I feel exactly the same way about your English. To start with there are four spelling errors in just that short statement above. Not to mention the grammar. Please do not edit.

Date Posted: 17 May 2005 at 7:25pm
[moderator edited] .Rami.

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are requested to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find insensitive, may result in edition or deletion.

2. A generally pleasant demeanor and cordiality in language is requested during discussions.

5. The subject of your message should be in accordance with the theme of the forum. (if the text is found irrelevant to the theme, it may be deleted).We also request you to avoid straying from the 'topic' of discussion.

10. We will not tolerate personal attacks on participants from ANY Community (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion). Furthermore, any insults intended to ANY religion or ANY prophet of God, or ANY holy scripture shall be removed.

-------------
THere Is no god, BUT GOD

Date Posted: 18 May 2005 at 10:45pm

An addendum to my previous post, I think Mustapha's English is very good. I couldn't find any errors, the meaning is very well conveyed and the language is beautiful. Please keep it up Mustapha! MashaAllah, very well written! 

Date Posted: 19 May 2005 at 12:35am
Agreed!!!

Date Posted: 19 May 2005 at 12:55am

assalamu alaikum

I was talking about comprehension not spelling, the two are completely different. One is related to bieng able to properly understand what another person is saying, which is the context of this dicussion since he acused me of something after not understanding what i said.

Speling mistakes have nothing to do with his capacity to understand a simple argument or instruction. Read the Guidlines Before you post.

He will find what i said earlier, is a rule from the guidline not something is said out of hate.

A moderator has to assume you have read the guidlines since it is your responsability to do so.

reading over what i said earlier i clearly stated his english skills were the cause of his misunderstanding, how did you come to the conclusion i was talking about his spelling?

It seems to me people who do not read the Guidlines and comprahend simple instruction will percieve weakness in the moderators.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 May 2005 at 5:20am

Wa-alaikum-Salaam Br Rami

You have written "I was talking about comprehension not spelling, the two are completely different"

I am afraid I cannot agree with you there. Quite often a spelling error can convey a completely different message. The enormous number of spelling errors in your posts are not excusable. I do not like the butchering of any language and I am sorry to say that I find your English language skills very poor. I have also not been able to understand clearly what you intended to convey in another one of your posts. And your bluntness in remarking on another person's language especially when his English is remarkably good is unfair. I am sorry for bringing this up. But I would not have done so if you had not made that nasty remark.

My mother tongue is not English, and I do not claim that my English language skills are perfect. But I try my best and I see the same in someone who is writing from Turkey where obviously English is not the first language.

I have been pounced upon (rather savagely) at a very early stage of my stay on this forum and I did not appreciate it. Yet, I ignored it and continued my posts. The only reason is because none of us are perfect. You have your weaknesses and I have mine. I have read the guidelines when I joined this forum and my remark to ignore the weaknesses of the moderators does not in any way imply that we (the members) are free of faults. There is no need to take offence for that. Let our aim be to improve ourselves and stop hurting each other. I don't think any member would take offence to an occasional tap on the shoulder, but when one is treated like a child in an Indian school one begins to rebel.

Date Posted: 19 May 2005 at 6:38am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

As an advance i have to state that my english is not good(as u see),everyone should know this and as an confess from me i don't shame on my absent english skills;everyone should be relax on that issue as i am too,listen that HISTORY...at Wednesday,i had an phone from Sudan calling me a rich businessman telling me that i have sent to your BRANCH 115.000 dollars and i will be with YOU in three hours,i was enough on replying his answers and telling my instructions to him...at the end of his words he called me as an brother,he said to me "you are my brother!"...brothers and sisters in the board,may be my english is not good;but i am enough to putting a smile on the faces of native english speakers...Alhamdulilah...

Today,I have realized that BBC uses innative english speakers for translating the speeches made in foreign languages;why?...because naturality is so much important in human relations between each other,BBC solved the issue while some others are making complaints on us...

*a note:i tried to learn english in my inefficient time abilities;but what about the French people hates to talk english calling us to learn French?

Date Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:10am

Assalamu alaikum

Quote I am afraid I cannot agree with you there. Quite often a spelling error can convey a completely different message. The enormous number of spelling errors in your posts are not excusable. I do not like the butchering of any language and I am sorry to say that I find your English language skills very poor.

Whether you agree with me or not is irelavent my original post was talking about comprahention which is the context of the discussion. Do not change the topic to something it never was or make up excuses for your mistake in reading what was clearly said. It doesnt bother me at all that i have spelling mistakes in my posts, if i took more care that can easaly be corected while comprahesion on the other hand can not in a short time.

It is completely incorect of you to say that speling mistaks "often" lead to convying a difernt mesage this can nevr be the case in the English language, we are not speking arabic here. See my point.

Quote I have also not been able to understand clearly what you intended to convey in another one of your posts. And your bluntness in remarking on another person's language especially when his English is remarkably good is unfair. I am sorry for bringing this up. But I would not have done so if you had not made that nasty remark.

Your disposition is very obvious so i dont think it matters how i phrase a sentence you will understand my words the same, i think i should add that the indavidual adds "tone" to what they are reading. It was blunt becouse he acused me of hate, shall we add false acusations to the list or are you going to ignore that side of the coin also.

My comments were hardly nasty, that is a matter of interpritation but what counts in the end is my intention. I was acused of something so i pointed out the weaknes was coming from his lack of understanding of the english language a second time i might add.

Quote Mustafah your understanding of chaging topics of a thread is different than ours, there is tolarance as long as it does not go to off topic.

to which he replied with,

Quote I take this to be a show of intense dislike of me and a desire to bully me on false charges. Vulgar indeed.

how often do you expect a person to tolerate tantrums without responding bluntly and to the point. If you do not agree with the moderators decision that is up to you,  we moderate by the forum guidlines according to our understanding of them it would be rediculous to think we do it any other way. There are numerous nationalities and cultures represented on this forum each with there own understanding of the english language the onus is on them to conform to the standards of the forum not the other way around.

br Suleyman it does not matter that your english is not so good, as long you make excuses for other people if you think they are saying something bad.

This is called tolerance and understaning.

Khair insha allah.

-------------

Posted By: MOCKBA
Date Posted: 19 May 2005 at 8:42am

Assalamu'alaikum,

Brothers and Sisters in Islam,

This thread is turning ugly. Both have expressed their dissatisfaction, both have elaborated their expressions... i invite you all to put all personal feelings aside and look forward to more pleasant discussion encouraging brotherhood and unity, insha Allaah.

Regardless of whether someone has got something more to say in response, let this be the last post sealing this thread.

May Allaah reward the one who managed to control his emotions and overpowered his anger without having to insult his brother unintentionally...

Jazzak Allahu Khair!

-------------
MOCKBA

Date Posted: 28 May 2005 at 7:17am

Many posts are on some Islamic only for the purpose of distracting people's attention from those threads and the purpose of scoffing atv Islam. But the moderators do nothing about those derailments.

By saying that I can't comprehend the language that I can easily write in, Rami directly calls me stupid. May Allah give him what he deserves for that.

Moderation on this site is too arbitrary, and your actual moderation work has nothing to do with those rules and regulations, as explained in the first paragraph.

You moderators don't follow Islamic etiquette, you moderators, and you don't pay the fardh respect to your brothers in faith. May Allah give you what you deserve for that.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2005 at 7:19am
I had reteurned under a different identity name, but now I leave. This forum and its arbitrary and repressive style of moderation is detrimental to a Muslim's health and iman.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2005 at 10:24am
Brother,don't mind...please...keep ur silence...share your thoughts with the persons u love...wa salaam... 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net