Print Page | Close Window

Let's Try Part 4

Printed From: IslamiCity.org
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: General Islamic Matter
Forum Description: Discuss Islamic matters/issues that not covered by other sub catagories
URL: https://www.islamicity.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14909
Printed Date: 02 May 2024 at 5:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Let's Try Part 4
Posted By: seekshidayath
Subject: Let's Try Part 4
Date Posted: 23 June 2009 at 7:04pm
As Salamu Alaikum

JazakiAllahu khayr, for the answer sister

Next Question

Which battle, earned Khalid bin Waleed, the title of "Sword of Allah"?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Replies:
Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 25 June 2009 at 3:59am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

JazakiAllahu khayr, for the answer sister

Next Question

Which battle, earned Khalid bin Waleed, the title of "Sword of Allah"?

At the battle of Mauta. . .

Some people used to say that the reason why Khalid Bin Waleed did not get martyred in battle was because of the title Prophet Muhammad gave him i.e. 'Sword of Allah' - because the 'Sword of Allah' can never be broken. . . Smile which is why he died a natural death.

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 26 June 2009 at 11:29pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Alhamdullilah, we are in Part-IV, JazakAllah admin, for starting up new thread.

Sis Chrysallis, jazakiAllahu khayr. I did not know that earlier as why Khalid bin Waleed RA did not attain martyrdom. Its indeed very intresting to learn of Allah's hikmah.

Next question {Its easy}

Which is the first Islamic state ?

-------------
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."

Date Posted: 29 June 2009 at 1:45am

.Next question {Its easy}Which is the first Islamic state ?

Wa'alaikumsalaam Seeks,

Which state are we talking about here? Do you mean which was the first islamic state (country?) or state as in level of Imaan or something?

-------------
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."

Date Posted: 30 June 2009 at 6:13pm
As Salamu Alaikum

It was first Islamic country. Its Al-Madinah, which is our first Islamic state.

I thought, we will discuss more about the city of Madinah, this week, insha Allah.

When Prophet {Pbuh} entered Madinah, he left his Camel loose.All the residents of Madinah, wished to host Prophet. Who got this oppurtunity to host Prophet {Pbuh}

-------------

Posted By: Duane
Date Posted: 03 July 2009 at 3:20pm
as salamu alaikum
I read in the book "The Sealed Nectar" that it was Abu Ayyub Al Ansari.  I looked in the hadith but could not find it.

Duane

Date Posted: 04 July 2009 at 6:45pm
Walaikum Salam

JazakAllah Br. Duane. Yes, we get to read in the books of seerah, as well as in biography of Abu Ayyub Ansari RA.

Next question

Who said this ?

"By Allah if none can benefit on the sea except Allah then no doubt none can benefit on land except Allah"

-------------

Posted By: savant
Date Posted: 05 July 2009 at 12:13pm
Hazrat Ikrimah RaziAllah Talah Anhu before embracing Islam.

-------------
Never Give up

Date Posted: 06 July 2009 at 9:46am
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml -

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - Tafsir Ibn Kathir Surah 17 (66-67) (Part-15)

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - Allah tells us that when harm befalls people, they call on Him, turning to Him and sincerely beseeching Him. Hence Allah says:

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - ﴿وَإِذَا مَسَّكُمُ الْضُّرُّ فِى الْبَحْرِ ضَلَّ مَن تَدْعُونَ إِلاَ إِيَّاهُ﴾ file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml -

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - (And when harm touches you upon the sea, those that you call upon vanish from you except Him.) meaning, everything they worship besides Allah disappears from their hearts and minds. Similar happened to `Ikrimah bin Abi Jahl when he fled from the Messenger of Allah after the conquest of Makkah, and headed for Ethiopia. He set out across the sea to go to Ethiopia, but a stormy wind arose. The people said to one another: "None can save you except Allah Alone.'' `Ikrimah said to himself, "By Allah if none can benefit on the sea except Allah then no doubt none can benefit on land except Allah. `O Allah! I promise You that if You bring me safely out of this, I will go and put my hand in the hand of Muhammad and surely, I will find him full of pity, kindness and mercy.''' They came out of it safely and were delivered from the sea. Then `Ikrimah went to the Messenger of Allah , and declared his Islam, and he became a good Muslim, may Allah be pleased with him.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - ﴿فَلَمَّا نَجَّـكُمْ إِلَى الْبَرِّ أَعْرَضْتُمْ﴾ file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml -

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - (But when He brings you safe to land, you turn away.) means, you forget what you remembered of Divine Oneness (Tawhid) when you were on the sea, and you turn away from calling on Him Alone with no partner or associate.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - ﴿وَكَانَ الإِنْسَـنُ كَفُورًا﴾ file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml -

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - (And man is ever ungrateful.) means, by nature he forgets and denies His blessings, except for those whom Allah protects.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - ﴿أَفَأَمِنتُمْ أَن يَخْسِفَ بِكُمْ جَانِبَ الْبَرِّ أَوْ يُرْسِلَ عَلَيْكُمْ حَاصِبًا ثُمَّ لاَ تَجِدُواْ لَكُمْ

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/02/clip_filelist.xml - (68. Do you then feel secure that He will not cause a side of the land to swallow you up, or that He will not send against you a Hasib Then, you shall find no guardian.)

Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 3:24am

As Salamu Alaikum

Jazakumullah brothers, for the answers.

Next Question :

Name the scholar in Islam, whose Salaat-ul Janazah prayers were offered 6 times in all. More than 50,000 people participated in the first Janaza Salaat.His real name was Nu'man bin Thabit.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 11:16am
Walaikum Salam.
Imam Abu Hanifa's name is Numan bin Thabit and is also known as Imam-e-Azam.  He became an expert in jurisprudence. 

Date Posted: 09 July 2009 at 7:31pm
So quick to answer brother ! I thought this question may take about a week's time to answer. Smile

JazakAllahu khayr

I don't have a question right now, insha Allah, shall post it soon.

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 9:04am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

Next question

What is the context of this ayah of the Qur'an to be revealed. {Its very intresting}

63 : 6. It is equal to them whether you ask forgiveness or ask not forgiveness for them, Allah will never forgive them. Verily, Allah guides not the people who are the rebellious

-------------

Date Posted: 11 July 2009 at 11:46am
Walaikum Salam.

I am reluctant to reply.  Is it cheating by looking it up.  I have been looking the answers up in a free Tafsir Program on my system.  If it is allowed I will share this program with anyone.   Inshallah

Duane

Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 12:34am
As Salamu Alaikum

Sure br ! you can look into tafsir and answer. Also can share that program. Don't spare any oppurtunity  of earning rewards. If its a link, you can also share it at "Qur'an and Sunnah" section, so that many can benefit from it.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 7:39am
Ofcourse you can look it up Bro Duane. . . Mashallah, what an honest brother. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" /> And pl do share your tafseer programme.

Am editing my answer - cz previous one was wrong - (i said that it was in response to Prophet Muhammad's supplications for Abu Talib's forgiveness after his death as a nonmuslim)

Anyway - I think the answer is, that this ayat is about the Hypocrites (Munafiqeen). When any of the Munafiqs would die, Prophet Muhammad would pray namaz-e-janaza for them and ask for thier forgiveness.

copy-pasted from site:

After this revelation, the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wa-sallam) remarked, 'Were I to know that they would be forgiven if I had asked more than seventy times for their forgiveness, I would have done so,' Subsequently the following verse was revealed, 'It is equal to them whether you (Muhammad) ask forgiveness or ask not forgiveness for them. Verily, Allah guides not the people who are the Fasiqoon (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).' [ (63): 6]

Subhanallah, our Prophet was worried about his ummah so much, he didnt even give up on the Munafiqeen!!!! - and these ppl made the Muslim's life hell and plotted against Islam!!! Prophet Muhammad:

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2009 at 2:02pm
Thanks for the go ahead.  I have pasted a web address into the "Qur'an and Sunnah" section.  I hope you all benefit from using it.

Duane 

Date Posted: 15 July 2009 at 11:02pm
As Salamu Alaikum

JazakiAllahu khayr sis Chrysallis. Here is the context of revelation

63 : 6. It is equal to them whether you ask forgiveness or ask not forgiveness for them, Allah will never forgive them. Verily, Allah guides not the people who are the rebellious

Qatadah and As-Suddi said, "This Ayah was revealed about `Abdullah bin Ubay. A young relative of his went to Allah's Messenger and conveyed to him an awful statement that `Abdullah said. The Messenger called `Abdullah, who swore by Allah that he did not say anything. The Ansar went to that boy and admonished him.

However, Allah sent down what you hear about `Abdullah's case and Allah's enemy was told, `Go to Allah's Messenger,' but he turned his head away, saying that he will not do it.''

Muhammad bin Ishaq said that Muhammad bin Yahya bin Hibban, `Abdullah bin Abi Bakr and `Asim bin `Umar bin Qatadah narrated to him the story of Bani Al-Mustaliq. They said that while the Messenger of Allah was in that area, Jahjah bin Sa`id Al-Ghifari, a hired hand for `Umar, and Sinan bin Wabr fought over the water source. Sinan called out, "O Ansar'', while Al-Jahjah called, "O Muhajirin!'' Zayd bin Arqam and several Ansar men were sitting with `Abdullah bin Ubay bin Salul at that time. When `Abdullah heard what happened, he said, "They are bothering us in our land. By Allah, the parable of us and these foolish Quraysh men, is the parable that goes, `Feed your dog until it becomes strong, and it will eat you.By Allah, when we go back to Al-Madinah, the most mighty will expel the weak from it.'' He then addressed his people who were sitting with him, saying to them, "What have you done to yourselves You let them settle in your land and shared your wealth with them. By Allah, if you abandon them, they will have to move to another area other than yours.''

Zayd bin Arqam heard these words and conveyed them to Allah's Messenger . Zayd was a young boy then. `Umar bin Al-Khattab was with the Messenger and he said, "O Allah's Messenger! Order `Abbad bin Bishr to cut off his head at his neck.''

The Prophet replied,What if people started saying that Muhammad kills his companions, O `Umar No. However, order the people to start the journey (back to Al-Madinah). When `Abdullah bin Ubay bin Salul was told that his statement reached Allah's Prophet , he went to him and denied saying it. He swore by Allah that he did not utter the statement that Zayd bin Arqam conveyed.

Abdullah bin Ubay was a chief of his people and they said, "O Allah's Messenger! May be the young boy merely guessed and did not hear what was said correctly.'' Allah's Messenger started the journey at an unusual hour of the day and was met by Usayd bin Al-Hudayr, who greeted him acknowledging his prophethood. Usayd said, "By Allah! You are about to begin the journey at an unusual time.''

The Prophet said,"Did not the statement of your friend, Ibn Ubay reach you He claimed that when he returns to Al-Madinah, the mighty one will expel the weak one out of it. Usayd said, "Indeed, you are the mighty one, O Allah's Messenger, and he is the disgraced one.'' Usayd said, "Take it easy with him, O Allah's Messenger! By Allah, when Allah brought you to us, we were about to gather the pearls (of a crown) so that we appoint him king over us. He thinks that you have rid him of his kingship.'' The Messenger of Allah traveled with the people until the night fell, then the rest of the night until the beginning of the next day and then set camp with the people. He wanted to busy them from talking about what had happened. The minute people felt the ground under their feet, they went to sleep and Surat Al-Munafiqin was revealed.

Al-Hafiz Abu Bakr Al-Bayhaqi recorded that Jabir bin `Abdullah said, "We were in a battle with Allah's Messenger and a man from the Emigrants kicked an Ansari man. The Ansari man called out, `O Ansar!' and the Emigrant called out, `O Emigrants!' Allah's Messenger heard that and said,

"What is this call of Jahiliyyah Abandon it because it is offensive." `Abdullah bin Ubay heard that and said, `Have they (the Emigrants) done so By Allah, if we return to Al-Madinah, surely, the more honorable will expel therefrom the meaner.' The Ansar at that time, were more numerous that the Emigrants when the Messenger of Allah came to Al-Madinah, but later on the Emigrants imcreased in number. When this statement reached the Prophet , `Umar got up and said, `O Allah's Messenger! Let me chop off the head of this hypocrite!' The Prophet said: Leave him, lest the people say that Muhammad kills his companions.'' Imam Ahmad, Al-Bukhari and Muslim collected this Hadith

Ikrimah and Ibn Zayd and others said that when the Prophet and his Companions went back to Al-Madinah,`Abdullah, the son of `Abdullah bin Ubay bin Salul, remained by the gate of Al-Madinah holding his sword. People passed by him as they returned to Al-Madinah, and then his father came. `Abdullah, son of `Abdullah, said to his father, "Stay where you are,'' and his father asked what the matter was His son said, "By Allah! You will enter through here until the Messenger of Allah allows you to do so, for he is the honorable one and you are the disgraced.''

When the Messenger of Allah came by, and he used to be in the last lines, `Abdullah bin Ubay complained to him about his son and his son said, "By Allah, O Allah's Messenger! He will not enter it until you say so.'' The Messenger gave his permission to `Abdullah bin Ubay and his son said, "Enter, now that the Messenger of Allah gave you his permission.'' In his Musnad, Abu Bakr `Abdullah bin Az-Zubayr Al-Humaydi recorded from Abu Harun Al-Madani that `Abdullah, the son of `Abdullah bin Ubay bin Salul, said to his father, "You will never enter Al-Madinah unless and until you say, `Allah's Messenger is the honorable one and I am the disgraced.'' When the Prophet came, `Abdullah, son of `Abdullah bin Ubay bin Salul said to him, "O Allah's Messenger! I was told that you have decided to have my father executed. By He Who has sent you with Truth, I never looked straight to his face out of respect for him. But if you wish, I will bring you his head, because I would hate to see the killer of my father.''

-------------

Date Posted: 15 July 2009 at 11:08pm

Next question :

What was the context of revelation of the very first ayah of chapter Al-Mumtahinah?

Br. Duane, jazakAllah for the sharing of Tafsir ibn Kathir, i shared that link with a member. Keep sharing any article of Islam as well, who knows Allah swt may bestow guidance to anyone thru them. Never be hesitant to earn rewards.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 July 2009 at 6:37pm

﴿بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـنِ الرَّحِيمِ ﴾

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

﴿يأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ لاَ تَتَّخِذُواْ عَدُوِّى وَعَدُوَّكُمْ أَوْلِيَآءَ تُلْقُونَ إِلَيْهِمْ بِالْمَوَدَّةِ وَقَدْ كَفَرُواْ بِمَا جَآءَكُمْ مِّنَ الْحَقِّ يُخْرِجُونَ الرَّسُولَ وَإِيَّـكُمْ أَن تُؤْمِنُواْ بِاللَّهِ رَبِّكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ خَرَجْتُمْ جِهَاداً فِى سَبِيلِى وَابْتِغَآءَ مَرْضَاتِى تُسِرُّونَ إِلَيْهِمْ بِالْمَوَدَّةِ وَأَنَاْ أَعْلَمُ بِمَآ أَخْفَيْتُمْ وَمَآ أَعْلَنتُمْ وَمَن يَفْعَلْهُ مِنكُمْ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ سَوَآءَ السَّبِيلِ - إِن يَثْقَفُوكُمْ يَكُونُواْ لَكُمْ أَعْدَآءً وَيَبْسُطُواْ إِلَيْكُمْ أَيْدِيَهُمْ وَأَلْسِنَتَهُمْ بِالسُّوءِ وَوَدُّواْ لَوْ تَكْفُرُونَ - لَن تَنفَعَكُمْ أَرْحَـمُكُمْ وَلاَ أَوْلَـدُكُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَـمَةِ يَفْصِلُ بَيْنَكُمْ وَاللَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ ﴾

(1. O you who believe! Take not My enemies and your enemies as protecting friends, showing affection towards them, while they have disbelieved in what has come to you of the truth, and have driven out the Messenger and yourselves because you believe in Allah, your Lord! If you have come forth to strive in My cause and to seek My good pleasure. You show friendship to them in secret, while I am All-Aware of what you conceal and what you reveal. And whosoever of you (Muslims) does that, then indeed he has gone (far) astray from the straight path.) (2. Should they gain the upper hand over you, they would behave to you as enemies, and stretch forth their hands and their tongues against you with evil, and they desire that you should disbelieve.) (3. Neither your relatives nor your children will benefit you on the Day of Resurrection. He will judge between you. And Allah is the All-Seer of what you do.)

The story of Hatib bin Abi Balta`ah is the reason behind revealing the beginning of this honorable Surah. Hatib was among the Early Emigrants and participated in the battle of Badr. Hatib had children and wealth in Makkah, but he was not from the tribe of Quraysh. Rather, he was an ally of `Uthman. When the Messenger of Allah decided to conquer Makkah, after its people broke the peace treaty between them, he ordered the Muslims to mobilize their forces to attack Makkah, and then said,

�اللْهُمَّ عَمِّ عَلَيْهِمْ خَبَرَنَا�

(O Allah! Keep our news concealed from them.) Hatib wrote a letter and sent it to the people of Makkah, with a woman from the tribe of Quraysh, informing them of the Messenger's intent to attack them. He wanted them to be indebted to him ﴿so that they would grant safety to his family in Makkah﴾. Allah the Exalted conveyed this matter to His Messenger , because He accepted the Prophet's invocation ﴿to Him to conceal the news of the attack﴾. The Prophet sent someone after the woman and retrieved the letter. This story is collected in the Two Sahihs. Imam Ahmad recorded that Hasan bin Muhammad bin `Ali said that `Abdullah bin Abu Rafi` -- or Ubaydullah bin Abu Rafi` -- said that he heard `Ali say, "Allah's Messenger sent me, Zubayr and Al-Miqdad saying,

�انْطَلِقُوا حَتْى تَأْتُوا رَوْضَةَ خَاخٍ فَإِنَّ بِهَا ظَعِينَةً مَعَهَا كِتَابٌ فَخُذُوهُ مِنْهَا�

(Proceed until you reach Rawdat Khakh, where there is a lady carrying a letter. Take that letter from her.) So we proceeded on our way, with our horses galloping, until we reached the Rawdah. There we found the lady and said to her, `Take out the letter.' She said, `I am not carrying a letter.' We said, `Take out the letter, or else we will take off your clothes.' So she took it out of her braid, and we brought the letter to Allah's Messenger . The letter was addressed from Hatib bin Abu Balta`ah to some pagans of Makkah, telling them about what Allah's Messenger intended to do. Allah's Messenger said,

�يَا حَاطِبُ، مَا هَذَا؟�

(O Hatib! What is this) Hatib replied, `O Allah's Messenger! Do not make a hasty decision about me. I was a person not belonging to Quraysh, but I was an ally to them. All the Emigrants who were with you have kinsmen (in Makkah) who can protect their families. So I wanted to do them a favor, so they might protect my relatives, as I have no blood relation with them. I did not do this out of disbelief or to renegade from my religion, nor did I do it to choose disbelief after Islam.' Allah's Messenger said to his Companions,

�إِنَّهُ صَدَقَكُم�

(Regarding him, he has told you the truth.) `Umar said, `O Allah's Messenger! Allow me to chop off the head of this hypocrite!' The Prophet said,

�إِنَّهُ قَدْ شَهِدَ بَدْرًا، وَمَا يُدْرِيكَ لَعَلَّ اللهَ اطَّلَعَ إِلَى أَهْلِ بَدْرٍ فَقَالَ:اعْمَلُوا مَا شِئْتُمْ فَقَدْ غَفَرْتُ لَكُم�

(He attended Badr. What can I tell you, perhaps Allah looked at those who attended Badr and said, "O the people of Badr, do what you like, for I have forgiven you.'')'' The Group with the exception of Ibn Majah, collected this Hadith using various chains of narration that included Sufyan bin `Uyaynah. Al-Bukhari added in his narration in the chapter on the Prophet's battles, "Then Allah revealed the Surah,

﴿يأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ لاَ تَتَّخِذُواْ عَدُوِّى وَعَدُوَّكُمْ أَوْلِيَآءَ﴾

(O you who believe! Take not my enemies and your enemies as protecting friends...) '' Al-Bukhari said in another part of his Sahih, `Amr (one of the narrators of the Hadith) said, "This Ayah,

﴿يأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ لاَ تَتَّخِذُواْ عَدُوِّى وَعَدُوَّكُمْ أَوْلِيَآءَ﴾

(O you who believe! Take not my enemies and your enemies as protecting friends'...) was revealed about Hatib, but I do not know if the Ayah was mentioned in the Hadith (or was added as an explanation by one of the narrators).'' Al-Bukhari also said that `Ali bin Al-Madini said that Sufyan bin `Uyaynah was asked, "Is this why this Ayah,

﴿لاَ تَتَّخِذُواْ عَدُوِّى وَعَدُوَّكُمْ أَوْلِيَآءَ﴾

(O you who believe! Take not my enemies and your enemies as protecting friends.) was revealed'' Sufyan said, "This is the narration that I collected from `Amr, I did not leave a letter out of it. I do not know if anyone else memorized the same words for it.''

Date Posted: 23 July 2009 at 5:41pm

JazakAllah for the sharing of the answer, Br. Duane.

Next Question

What is the story of Pharoah {Firawn}'s daughter's hairdresser ?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 July 2009 at 10:20am
Wa alaikum as salaam wurahmatulah

Wow, you have stumped me on this one.  Looking forward to the answer.

Duane

Date Posted: 01 August 2009 at 7:31pm
As Salamu Alaikum

My apologies for being very late to respond. I was n't active at IC.

I had seen you answering soon, so was that question, brother Smile

We will read this hadith for the answer. Its intresting

The story of the hairdresser of the daughter of Pharaoh is narrated as follows:

It was narrated that Ibn �Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:  The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �On the night on which I was taken on the Night Journey (Isra�), a beautiful fragrance came to me.  I said: O Jibreel, what is this beautiful fragrance?

He said: This is the fragrance of the hairdresser of Pharaoh�s daughter and her children. I said: What is their story?

He said: Whilst she was combing the hair of Pharaoh�s daughter one day, the iron comb fell from her hand and she said, �Bismillaah (in the name of Allaah).�

The daughter of Pharaoh said: �My father?�

She said: �No. My Lord and the Lord of your father is Allaah.�

She said: �I will tell him about that.�

She said: �Yes.� So she told him and he summoned her and said: �O So and so, do you have a Lord other than me?�

She said: �Yes, my Lord and your Lord is Allaah.�

He ordered that a baqarah (lit. �cow�) made of copper be heated up, then he ordered that she and her children be thrown into it.

She said: �I have a request to make of you.�

He said: �What is your request?� She said: �I would like my bones and my children�s bones to be gathered together in one cloth and buried.�

He said: �This will be done for you.�

He ordered that her children be thrown into it in front of her, one by one, until they came to the last one who was an infant boy who was still being breastfed.

It was as if she wavered because of him, but he said: �O mother, go ahead, for the punishment of this world is easier to bear than the punishment of the hereafter.�

So she went ahead.�

Narrated by Imam Ahmad in al-Musnad (1/309), al-Tabaraani (12280), Ibn Hibbaan (2903) and al-Haakim (2/496).

-------------

Date Posted: 01 August 2009 at 7:34pm
I left little part of hadith, which shall be answered in my next part of question insha Allah

Who are the four infants who spoke ?

One of them is the child, mentioned above, other three -- ?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 August 2009 at 7:15am
One of them is surely Hazrat Isa (A.S) . . . I dont know about other two...

-------------

Date Posted: 09 August 2009 at 12:27pm
Sorry still stumped.

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 09 August 2009 at 2:24pm

Narrated Ab� Huraira : The Prophet (saaws) said, "None spoke in the cradle but three: (The first was) Jesus, (the second child was): There was a man from Ban� Israel called Juraij. While he was offering prayer, his mother came and called him. He said (to himself), "Shall I answer her or keep on praying?" (He went on praying and did not answer her).

His mother said, "O Allah! Do not let him die till he sees the faces of prostitutes." So while he was in his hermitage, a lady came and sought to seduce him, but he refused. So she went to a shepherd and presented herself to him to commit illegal sexual intercourse with her, and then later she gave brith to a child and claimed that it belonged to Juraij. The people, therefore, came to him and dismantled his hermitage and expelled him out of it and abused him. Juraij performed ablution and offered prayer, and then came to the child and said: "O child! Who is your father?" The child replied, "The shepherd" (after hearing this) the people said, "We shall rebuild your hermitage of gold," but he said: "No, of nothing but mud."

(The third was the hero of the following story): A lady from Ban� Israel was nursing her child at her breast when a handsome rider passed by her. She said, "O Allah! Make my child like him." on that the child left her breast and, facing the rider said: "O Allah! Do not make me like him." The child then started to suck her breast again. [(Ab� Huraira further said, "As if I were now looking at the Prophet sucking his finger (in way of demonstration.")]. After a while they (some people) passed by, with a lady slave and she (i.e. the child's mother) said, "O Allah! Do not make my child like this (slave girl)!" On that the child left her breast, and said, "O Allah! Make me like her." When she asked why, the child replied, "The rider is one of the tyrants while this slave girl is falsely accused of theft and illegal sexual intercourse."

http://abdurrahmanorg.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/the-story-of-the-boy-and-the-king-from-surah-burooj/ - Surah Burooj: Boy and King Story: Then the king said, "Whoever abandons his religion, let him go, and whoever does not, throw him into the fire.� They were struggling and scuffling in the fire, until a woman and her baby whom she was breast feeding came and it was as if she was being somewhat hesitant of falling into the fire, so her baby said to her,"Be patient mother! For verily, you are following the truth!�)

Posted By: Alwardah
Date Posted: 30 August 2009 at 12:24pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Masha Allah this is the 4th part. Masha Allah TabarakAllah. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala make this thread grow from strength to strength and reward in abundance those who have kept it alive. Ameen.

A Belated Ramadan Mubarak to all of you.

I popped in to inform you�ll that I will not be participating in this thread for a while.

Insha Allah when things ease up a bit I will be back.

Enjoy the rest of Ramadan and remember me and my loved ones in your duas and Insha Allah I will remember all of you and your loved ones too.

Wa Alaikum Salam

-------------
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Date Posted: 07 September 2009 at 12:13am
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

Hope all of you are doing well.

I had to stay disconnected with net, so cud not access ICF.

Insha Allah, we will continue this thread after Ramadan as we are heading towards very holy days of this month, i.e the last 10 days. So we will concentrate more in ibadahs.

And yes a very belated Ramadan Mubarak {Half of the ramadan is over Smile}.  I must be last to wish you all.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 September 2009 at 6:53pm
Ramadan Kareem!

Posted By: hat2010
Date Posted: 15 September 2009 at 6:49am
wa Ash mabrouka!

Date Posted: 22 September 2009 at 5:55pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

All praise is for Allah swt, We praise Him and seek His help and forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah swt from evil of ourselves and wickedness of our own deeds. Whomever Allah guides, cannot be lead astray and whomever Allah misguides none can guide him.

Dear members, insha Allah, we shall restart this thread. From my part. i apologise for not being regular and active here. Insha Allah, hereonwards shall try my best to continue our journey of gaining knowledge thru questions and discussion of answers.

I hope and wish that all our members who were active here, continue the same.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 September 2009 at 6:00pm
Our last question was : Who were the three who spoke in Cradle.

One of them was Esa AS, the other was Jurayj 's companion {Kindle look into Br. Abu Ayisha's post}, and the third was son of  Pharoah's hairdresser { who's discussed in previous page}.

Next Question

Who said , "I am in charge of you but I am not the best of you"

{He was one of our caliph}

-------------

Date Posted: 24 September 2009 at 6:19pm
I think it was Abu Bakr (r.a)

-------------

Date Posted: 25 September 2009 at 6:55pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Yes sister, thats the answer. JazakiAllahu khayr

Next Question :

During the battle of Badr, muslims had only two horses. Who were its riders
?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 October 2009 at 6:23pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah,

None of our members are active, except sis Chrysallis, who peeps in once a while Unhappy

Anyways, here is the answer to the question above

It was Zubayr bin Awwam and Miqdad RA.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 October 2009 at 6:24pm

Next Question

During whose caliphate did Khalid bin Waleed RA pass away ?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 October 2009 at 7:31pm
Umar ibn al-Khattab

Umar, who dismissed Khalid from all military and services later regretted for what he did to Khalid. It is said that after the Hajj of 642, Umar had decided to re-appoint Khalid to the military services. But fate had decided otherwise, when he reached Medina, news of Khalid's death reached him.

Date Posted: 07 October 2009 at 5:53am

From my part. i apologise for not being regular and active here.

Double for me.

Date Posted: 08 October 2009 at 4:38am
Me too.  Embarrassed  I could not find anything on human riders during the battle.

Date Posted: 08 October 2009 at 4:48am
As Salamu Alaikum,

Glad to see you all brothers ! Smile. Sis Alwardah, sent me a note saying that she;s very busy. Alhamdullilah, she's doing good work. May Allah swt accept her efforts.

Sis Sakeenah, is n't facilitated with net at home. But still alhamdullilah, whenever she gets to browse, she signs in here.

And our sis Chrysallis, i did not discuss regarding this thread.

Anyways, alhamdullilah, we are all active. May Allah swt help us to continue here. If at all you have any such questions , kindly post them and share them here.

That question was new to me as well. It was intresting too, so shared here.

JazakAllah Br. Abu Ayisha. It was during the caliphate of Umar RA that  Khalid bin Waleed passed away.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 October 2009 at 4:49am

Next Question

Who was "the best Judge" amongst our sahabas ?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 October 2009 at 4:52am
-

Date Posted: 08 October 2009 at 7:25pm
As Salamu Alaikum

You answered it so soon, br !  Also,  you did answer all of my stock of questions. I thought to divide it like, "Who was the most modest", or who was most knowledgeable" ---

JazakAllah for the answer.

Next Question ;

Which companion of Rasool Allah (peace be upon Him) gave his whole garden (with all the trees about 400 and his house) for a single tree (just to get a tree in heaven)?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 October 2009 at 9:09pm
Abu Darda (radi Allahu anhu)

Date Posted: 09 October 2009 at 3:14am

JazakAllahu khayr, for the answer, brother.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 October 2009 at 7:43pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Next Question :

Which wife of the prophet was a widow of a martyr in Badr?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 October 2009 at 10:51pm
Hafsah bint Umar

Posted By: Fear_Allah
Date Posted: 12 October 2009 at 9:01pm
Zainab bint Khuzaimah, I think.

-------------
Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)

Posted By: Usmani
Date Posted: 12 October 2009 at 10:02pm
I will 2nd Abuayisha,

Hafsah bint Umar

After the Hafsah(RA) husband�s shahada, Umar (RA) ask Abu bakr(RA) to marry her daughter, but he remain kept quite and did not answer.Then Umar ask Usman(RA), Usman (RA) refuses .Umar were angry on him(Usman) and ask Rasool Allah regarding this.Rasool Allah(pbuh) ask Umar(RA), if Hafsa find a better husband than Usman(RA) and Usman(RA) find a better wife than Hafsa.So Rasool Allah(pbuh) married to Hafsa and Usman married to Rasool Allah(pbuh) daughter.

-------------
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds

Date Posted: 13 October 2009 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Fear_Allah Fear_Allah wrote:

Zainab bint Khuzaimah, I think.

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah !

After soooooo many months ! Welcome, sis ! Smile

Be online anyday, we will chat. insha Allah !

-------------

Date Posted: 13 October 2009 at 7:44am
I was bit excited to see our sister Fear Allah. She was one the regular member to this thread. She mostly answered all of the questions correctly. I do know her personally {thru our online chat at our ids} , and i see her alhamdullilah, very hardworking and sincere in her work. Allah knows the best, but i hold that opinion of her.

Anyways, back to our discussion, when i posted this question, i had Zainab bint Khuzaimah as my answer. Now, when i went thru search i found that there are different reports about her and its less authentic that she was a widow of the martyr in Badr. Here are those two reports

Hafsah bint �Umar bin Al-Khattab: She was Aiyim (i.e. husbandless). Her ex-husband was Khunais bin Hudhafa As-Sahmi in the period between Badr and Uhud battles. The Messenger of All�h [pbuh] married her in the third year of Al-Hijra.

Zainab bint Khuzaimah: She was from Bani Hilal bin �Amir bin Sa�sa�a. Was nicknamed Umm Al-Masakeen, because of her kindness and care towards them. She used to be the wife of �Abdullah bin Jahsh, who was martyred at Uhud, was married to the Prophet [pbuh] in the fourth year of Al-Hijra, but she died two or three months after her marriage to the Messenger of All�h [pbuh].
http://www.quraan.com/index.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=11&bid=7&cid=41 - http://www.quraan.com/index.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=11&bid=7&cid=41
According to another report, she was first married to Tufail ibnul al Harith and when divorced by him was remarried to his brother Ubaidah ibnul Harith, who was killed in Badr. The Prophet Mohammad (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) married her in Ramadan, 3 A.H. She lived with the Prophet Mohammad (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) for eight months only, as she died in Rabi-ul-Akhir, 4 A.H.

Allah swt knows the best.

I don't have an other question for now. Insha Allah, shall post them tomorrow.

Jazakumullah for your responses.

Also we welcome br. Usmani. {Even you are back after many days}

Br. Duane you are not given oppurtunity to answer by our other two bros, Abu Ayisha and Jamal Morelli, is n't it ? Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2009 at 10:37am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

Next Question :

Who are the three whom Allah swt shall not speak to them or even look at them, on the Day of Resurrection?

-------------

Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 14 October 2009 at 10:44am
Salams Seek.Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 538:

Narrator: Abu Huraira

The Prophet said, "(There are) three (types of persons to whom) Allah will neither speak to them on the Day of Resurrections, nor look at them (They are):--(1) a man who takes a false oath that he has been offered for a commodity a price greater than what he has actually been offered; (2) and a man who takes a false oath after the 'Asr (prayer) in order to grab the property of a Muslim through it; (3) and a man who forbids others to use the remaining superfluous water. To such a man Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection, 'Today I withhold My Blessings from you as you withheld the superfluous part of that (water) which your hands did not create.' "

Date Posted: 14 October 2009 at 10:50am
So sooooooooon brother !

Am running short of questions and you are all answering them so soon Smile

ok this time i have a question that does n't need search, copy and paste Smile

Allah swt  revealed that, "  Lawful to you is water game and its use for food -- for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel, but forbidden is (the pursuit of) land game as long as you are in a state of Ihram. And have Taqwa of Allah to Whom you shall be gathered back"

Why is that it is unlawful in state of Ihram to hunt over land while its permissible in water ?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 October 2009 at 11:00am
The Qur'an says: "Lawful to you is the pursuit of water game and its use for food - for the benefit of yourselves and those who travel; but forbidden is the pursuit of land game - as long as you are in the Sacred Precincts or in pilgrim garb.'' (Qur'an 5.96)

I tried.

Posted By: Fear_Allah
Date Posted: 16 October 2009 at 12:20pm
Thanks..I'll try to be here more often inshaAllah..I missed the thread :)..
Anyways..I'm not sure at all but may be coz what in water can be eaten even when it's dead while what is on land can't be.I'll think more and I may be back. :)

-------------
Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)

Date Posted: 19 October 2009 at 5:35pm
This one is a head scratcher.  I think that "Fear Allah" is on to something with her answer.  

Date Posted: 19 October 2009 at 6:26pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah.

Its forbidden, in state of Ihram to hunt,b.cos they can get other food {like fruits, bread etc instead of hunting an animal for food}, when their food is over.  While those travelling thru water-ways, are left with no option, once their food is exhausted. So water-game is lawful.

Next Question :

Prophet {Pbuh} said, every Prophet has a hawari {supporter} ---

Who was our Prophet's hawari ?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 October 2009 at 9:02pm
Abu Bakr Siddique (RA), I Guess

-------------
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds

Posted By: Saladin
Date Posted: 20 October 2009 at 4:11am
Wa'alaikum salam warahmatullah,

-------------
'Trust everyone but not the devil in them'

Date Posted: 21 October 2009 at 6:00pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

JazakAllahu khayr for answering and sharing the hadith, br Saladin. I did not knew that its special helper.

Next Question :

Whom did Prophet {Sallal lahu a'layhi wa sallam" handed over the flag {standard}  during the battle of Uhud ?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 October 2009 at 10:20pm
Wa'Alaikum As Salam Wa RahmatuAllahi Wa Barakatu,

Hazarat Ali A.S

Date Posted: 22 October 2009 at 5:53pm
As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuuh,

JazakAllahu khayr. But the answer i know is, it was Mus'ab ibn Umayr .

At the battle of Uhud the Prophet (peace be upon him) called upon him to carry the Muslim standard (flag). The battle started and at first the Muslims seemed to have the upper hand however, a groups of Muslims disobeyed the order of the Prophet and left their places and this gave the enemy the chance to counter-attack and win the battle. The enemy forces wanted to kill the Prophet (peace be upon him). Mus`ab understood the danger the Prophet was in so with the flag in one hand and his sword in the other he plunged into the ranks of the enemy. Even when Mus`ab was being struck with enemy swords and his life seemed certain to be over, the words he spoke were those of concern for the Prophet (peace be upon him). He said, half to himself, �Muhammad is only a Messenger. Messengers have passed away before him.� He was reminding himself that his struggle was not just for the Prophet but for the message of Allah to the world. First one hand was severed, so he held the flag with the other, then the other hand was severed and he determinedly held the flag with the stumps of both arms then finally he was struck by a spear and died. The words he repeated every time he was struck were later revealed to the Prophet and completed, and became part of the Qur�an. - SubhanAllah !! Allahu Akbar !!!

-------------

Date Posted: 22 October 2009 at 5:56pm
Next question :

Who are the three persons who get their reward twice ?

{Br. Abu Ayisha, Jamal and Duane --- ? }

-------------

Date Posted: 22 October 2009 at 8:58pm

One who buys a girl slave, brings her up and teaches her, then frees her and marries her; he is twice rewarded

One from the people of the scripture who believes in his prophet and then believes in Prophet Muhammad (pbuh); is twice rewarded

A slave who fulfills obligations to Allah, Most High, and carries out his duties towards his master; is twice rewarded

Posted By: lovesakeenah
Date Posted: 24 October 2009 at 2:11am
As-salaam alaykum warahaamtullah wabarakatuh

May Allah reward you all for keeping this thread alive...

Well done..&..thumbs up!!!

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Date Posted: 24 October 2009 at 7:57pm
Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullah,

Alhamdulillah, sis Sakeenah, we are ON. Its all grace of Allah swt. Do join us, after you finish your exams.

JazakAllah br. Abu Ayisha for the answer.

Next Question :

In which of the sahabas form did Jibraeel AS appear sometimes ?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 October 2009 at 10:39am
As Salamu Alaikum

The answer is, Jibraeel AS  sometimes appeared as Wahia Kalbi RA.

Next Question

What was the reason for  our defeat in the Battle of Uhud ?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 October 2009 at 10:54am
"The answer is, Jibraeel AS  sometimes appeared as Wahia Kalbi RA."

What is the evidence for this assertion?

Date Posted: 28 October 2009 at 7:42pm
As Salamu Alaikum brother,

JazakAllah for the question. This shall alert me to present my answers with its sources.

Bro, i made a search at Islam-qa. and also seeked answer for your question from a brother.He said no one he heard trustworthy people say that and that no one argues about it. Anyways, i feel the answer from Islam-qa shall get your question answered

Angels also came to Ibraaheem in human form, and he did not know that they were angels until they told him so. Similarly, angels came to Lut in the form of young men with beautiful faces. Jibreel used to come to the Prophet (Peace & Blessings of Allaah be upon Him) in different forms: sometimes he would appear in the form of Dihyah al-Kalbi, a Sahaabee who was very handsome, and sometimes in the form of a Bedouin.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/843/Jibreel%20in%20form%20of%20%20sahaabah - http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/843/Jibreel%20in%20form%20of%20%20sahaabah

-------------

Date Posted: 29 October 2009 at 7:10am
It is known from textual evidence that angels came concerning Ibrahim and Prophet Muhammad, however my questions was specific to Jibreel "sometimes appeared as Wahia Kalbi RA" - what textual evidence supports this claim?

Date Posted: 29 October 2009 at 8:47am

Alhamdullilah, got the textual evidence as well.

Following hadiths are from Sahih Bukhari

Volume 6, Book 61, Number 503:

Narrated Abu 'Uthman:

I was informed that Gabriel came to the Prophet while Um Salama was with him. Gabriel started talking (to the Prophet). Then the Prophet asked Um Salama, "Who is this?" She replied, "He is Dihya (al-Kalbi)." When Gabriel had left, Um Salama said, "By Allah, I did not take him for anybody other than him (i.e. Dihya) till I heard the sermon of the Prophet wherein he informed about the news of Gabriel." The subnarrator asked Abu 'Uthman: From whom have you heard that? Abu 'Uthman said: From Usama bin Zaid.

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 827:

Narrated Abu Uthman:

I got the news that Gabriel came to the Prophet while Um Salama was present. Gabriel started talking (to the Prophet and then left. The Prophet said to Um Salama, "(Do you know) who it was?" (or a similar question). She said, "It was Dihya (a handsome person amongst the companions of the Prophet )." Later on Um Salama said, "By Allah! I thought he was none but Dihya, till I heard the Prophet talking about Gabriel in his sermon." (The Sub-narrator asked Abu 'Uthman, "From where have you heard this narration?" He replied, "From Usama bin Zaid.")

-------------

Date Posted: 30 October 2009 at 11:49am
Allah reward you for a teaching moment.  Very interesting indeed.

Date Posted: 02 November 2009 at 8:37am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Waiyyakum br.

Next Question : {Am repeating it , from previous page }

What was the reason behind loosing a winning battle at Uhud, by the muslims ?

-------------

Posted By: lovesakeenah
Date Posted: 02 November 2009 at 12:06pm
"Disobedience"!!!Tongue

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Date Posted: 03 November 2009 at 5:22pm

How did you write your exams, sis Sakeenah !

JazakAllah for the answer. Yes, its disobedience to the command of our Prophet. A leeson out of this is that, when we don't adhere to the sunnah / when we disobey the saying of Prophet, then we are bound to face these kind of defeat in our lives. Allah swt, was merciful,that He pardons them.

I wish our other members too to add their views over this point of discussion

-------------

Date Posted: 03 November 2009 at 5:28pm
Next Question

Chapter- Al Imran - 124. (Remember) when you said to the believers, "Is it not enough for you that your Lord should help you with three thousand angels sent down''

This ayah was revealed in the context of battle of Uhud. But no angles were sent to help, in the battle. WHy did Allah swt not send angels, as sent before in the battle of Badr ?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 November 2009 at 1:59am
To the best of my knowledge this promise of 3000 Angles is for battlr badr as well.The promise of 3000 Angles was probably made due to the reports recived by muslims that Kurz Ibn Jabir Muharibi was marching towards the battle field of badr with his tribul force in the support of the disblievers of Makkah. 

Please correct me if I am wrong.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 November 2009 at 9:28pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Brother, during battle of Badr, Allah swt did send angels. WHile the battle of Uhud, Allah swt did not send any such help. Why ?

Answer is in and around the ayah {Al-Imran - 124}. I questioned this, since we have a lesson which can be practically implemented in our lives.

JazakAllahu khayr

-------------

Date Posted: 08 November 2009 at 2:22pm
As Salamu Alaikum
I remember reading that the muslims started to rely more on their superior numbers for victory instead of relying only on Allah for victory.  This was a cause for loss in battle. 

Date Posted: 08 November 2009 at 6:43pm
Wa'laikum Salam wa Rahmatullah,

JazakAllahu khayr brother Duane. Shall add my notes.

As Br. Usmani said that the ayah i quoted in the question refers to Battle of Badr. But its used here while the battle of Uhud is explained in the context. Following are the ayahs.

124. (Remember) when you said to the believers, "Is it not enough for you that your Lord should help you with three thousand angels sent down''

125. "But, if you hold on to patience and have Taqwa, and the enemy comes rushing at you; your Lord will help you with five thousand angels having marks (of distinction).''

When we notice the ayah 125 - "But if you hold on patience and have Taqwa". This is the condition Allah swt laid.

During the battle of Badr, the number of angels sent by Allah swt for help gradually increased. As for Ar-Rabi` bin Anas, he said, "Allah supported the Muslims with one thousand (angels), then the number reached three thousand, then five thousand.'Why did this number increase ? Because the taqwa and patiece of the muslims increased. But during the battle of Uhud, we were winning. We almost won the battle, the taqwa and patience declined, when we were attacked again. And so did Allah swt did not send angels for help.

The lesson we learn from this is, during our times of calamities or hardships, we are to retain the taqwa and patience. Allah swt's help shall surely come to us. But when we loose patience and trust, then we may not receive any such help.

Another cause is we did not follow the sunnah. The command of Prophet,{to stand at the hillside}. How many times inour lives, we disobey Prophet !!!

Another cause that comes to my mind, is the love of weALTH, or we can also state it as attraction towards dunya /worldly affairs --.

I wish, any of our members, hold mre explanation or any correction, kindly share it here and correct us.

May Allah swt help to follow what we learn and share here. Ameen

-------------

Date Posted: 08 November 2009 at 6:44pm
Next Question :

Insha Allah, shall post it by the end of the day, or by tomorrow. Or if any our members hold any question, you can kindly share here.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 November 2009 at 10:05pm
Who sought the Prophet's intercession on behalf of a woman accused of theft?

Date Posted: 09 November 2009 at 6:12pm
As Salamu Alaikum

Is it Osama bin Zaid RA, br ?

-------------

Date Posted: 10 November 2009 at 10:55am
Yeah.

Narrated 'Aisha:
The Quraish people became very worried about the Makhzumiya lady who had committed theft. They said, "Nobody can speak (in favor of the lady) to Allah's Apostle and nobody dares do that except Usama who is the favorite of Allah's Apostle. " When Usama spoke to Allah's Apostle about that matter, Allah's Apostle said, "Do you intercede (with me) to violate one of the legal punishment of Allah?" Then he got up and addressed the people, saying..

"O people! The nations before you went astray because if a noble person committed theft, they used to leave him, but if a weak person among them committed theft, they used to inflict the legal punishment on him. By Allah, if Fatima, the daughter of Muhammad committed theft, Muhammad will cut off her hand!"

Volume 8, Book 81, Number 779
Sahih Bukhari

Date Posted: 13 November 2009 at 2:49am

JazakAllahu khayr brother for the question and answering it by sharing the hadith

Next Question :

Sa'd bin Abi Waqqas and Abdullah ibn Jahsh RA. made duas for each other during the battle of Uhud. Each one saying "ameen" for other's dua {prayer} made. There duas were accepted by Allah swt.

What did they pray for ?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 November 2009 at 9:26am
One for victory over his opponent (Sa'd) and the other, (Abdullah), for martyrdom at the hands of his adversary.

Date Posted: 14 November 2009 at 7:12pm
As Salamu Alaikum,

Yes brother, thats the answer. JazakAllah, Here i would paste it in bit detail

There is an unforgettable story involving Abdullah ibn Jahsh and his friend Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas concerning an incident that took place during the Battle of Uhud. Let us leave Sa'd to tell the story:

During the battle, Abdullah came to me and said, "Aren't you making a dua to God?"

"Yes," said I. So we moved aside and I prayed, "O Lord, when I meet the enemy, let me meet a man of enormous strength and fury. Then grant me victory over him that I might kill him and acquire spoils from him." 

To this my prayer, Abdullah said Ameen and then he prayed:

"LET ME MEET A MAN OF GREAT STANDING AND ENORMOUS FURY. I SHALL FIGHT HIM FOR YOUR SAKE, O LORD, AND HE SHALL FIGHT ME. HE SHALL TAKE ME AND CUT OFF MY NOSE AND EARS AND WHEN I MEET YOU ON THE MORROW YOU WILL SAY, "FOR WHAT WERE YOUR NOSE AND EAR CUT OFF?" AND I WOULD REPLY, "FOR YOUR SAKE AND FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR PROPHET." {SubhanAllah !}

AND THEN YOU WOULD SAY, "YOU HAVE SPOKEN THE TRUTH . . ."

Sa'd continues the story:

The prayer of Abdullah ibn Jahsh was better than mine. I saw him at the end of the day. He was killed and mutilated and in fact his nose and his ear were hung on a tree with a thread.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 November 2009 at 7:17pm

Next Question

What's the importance of "Riaz-ul-Jannah's carpet" for we muslims?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 November 2009 at 10:25pm

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

The area between my house and my minbar is one of the gardens (riyaad, sing. rawdah) of Paradise, and my minbar is on my cistern (hawd)� Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1196; Muslim, 1391.

And it was narrated that Yazeed ibn Abi �Ubayd said:

�I used to come with Salamah ibn al-Akwa� and he would pray by the pillar which was by the mus-haf, i.e. in the Rawdah. I said, �O Abu Muslim, I see that you are keen to pray by this pillar!� He said, �I saw that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was keen to pray here.�� Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 502; Muslim, 509.

Being keen to pray in al-Rawdah does not justify being aggressive towards people or pushing the weak aside, or stepping over their necks.

Date Posted: 16 November 2009 at 3:11am

JazakAllahu khayr brother. And its important to note the last line of yours.

I checked it the day you posted,but had no question.

Next Question

Who was the first "Amir-ul-Hajj" of history of Islam ?

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2009 at 6:55am
Wa'alaikum salaam wa Rahmatullah,

I "think" the answer is Prophet Muhammad (saw). . . he was the first "Amir ul Hajj" in history of Islam . . .

Sorry, been away for some time. Hopefully inshAllah will be more regular now that am free.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2009 at 10:21am
I think its Abubakr as Siddiq.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 November 2009 at 7:10pm

Abu Bakr as Amir-ul-Haj

The first Amir-ul-Haj. In 631 C.E., the Holy Prophet sent from Madina a delegation of three hundred Muslims to perform the Haj according to the new Islamic way. Abu Bakr was appointed as the leader of the delegates. Abu Bakr had thus the honor of being the first Amir-ul-Haj in the history of Islam.

Ali. Some time after Abu Bakr and his party had left for the Haj, the Holy Prophet received revelation about the regulation of the Haj, and the ordering of relationship with the infidels. It is related that when the revelation came, some one suggested to the Holy Prophet that he should send news of it to Abu Bakr. The Holy Prophet said that a man of his own house was to proclaim the revelation. The Holy Prophet summoned Ali, and commissioned him to proclaim the revealed verses to the people on the day of sacrifice when they were assembled at Mina. Ali went forth on the Holy Prophet's slit-eared camel, and overtook Abu Bakr and his party. When Ali joined the party, Abu Bakr wanted to know whether he had come to give orders or to convey them. Ali said that he had not come to replace Abu Bakr as Amir-ul-Haj, and that his only mission was to convey a special message to the people on behalf of the Holy Prophet.

The proclamation. At Makkah, Abu Bakr presided at the Haj ceremony, and Ali read the proclamation on behalf of the Holy Prophet. The main points of the proclamation were: 
  1. Henceforward the non-Muslims were not to be allowed to visit the Ka'aba or perform the pilgrimage. 
  2. No one was to be allowed to circumambulate the Ka'aba naked. 
  3. Polytheism was not to be tolerated. Where the Muslims had any agreements with the polytheists such agreements were to be honored for the stipulated periods. Where there were no agreements, a grace period of four months was to be given, and thereafter no quarter was to be given to the polytheists.

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 5:49pm

That was very detailed answer, brother {Abu Ayisha}. You have been taking intrest in answering questions all these days, JazakAllahu khayran katheer.

Br. Saladin you guessed right. May Allah reward you and sis Chrysallis for answering the question

Next question

What shud a person who intends to offer a sacrifice in this month {Dhul-Hijjah}, do ?

Insha Allah, your answer may be educative , reminder and rewarding for most of us

-------------

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 7:31pm

It is prescribed for the one who wants to offer a sacrifice, when the month of Dhu�l-Hijjah begins, that he should not remove anything from his hair, nails or skin until he has offered the sacrifice, because of the report narrated by the group apart from al-Bukhaari (may Allaah have mercy on them), from Umm Salamah (may Allaah be pleased with her), that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:  �When you see the new moon of Dhu�l-Hijjah, and one of you wants to offer a sacrifice, let him refrain from (removing anything) from his hair or nails.� According to a version narrated by Abu Dawood, Muslim and al-Nasaa�i: �Whoever has a sacrifice to offer, when the new moon of Dhu�l-Hijjah begins, let him not remove anything from his hair or nails until he has offered the sacrifice� � whether he is going to slaughter the sacrifice himself or has asked someone else to slaughter it on his behalf. 

(Islam qa)

By the way, Friday is the first day of Dhul Hijjah....

Date Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:15pm
The person intend to do sacrifice in this month do more and more sacrifice of animals(Qurbani).

There are three Mustahibs and two wajibs in this month and more are in the first ten days of Zilhaja.

Mustahibs-
1) Do not cut your nails and hairs since the moon appear till you sacrifice the animal.

2)Do fasting in the first nine days.The reward of one day fasting is equal to one year fasing and the reward of 9th Zilhaja is equal to two years fasting.All together it is become ten years reward.

3) Do nafl ebadah at all nights of first ten days.Atleast perfomed the esha and fagr prayers with Jamah.The reward of one night is equal to the reward of Lailatul Qadr.

Wajibs-

1) Recite Talbiya once after every fard prayer from 8th to 14th Zilhaja.(Pls. correct the dates if they are wrong)

2) Performed Qurbani if it is wajib.

May Allah give all of us the taufiq to cash in this great rewards which is coming so easily.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2009 at 2:06am
As Salamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

Jazakumullahu khayr brothers.

Next question : {Your answer may be a reminder for all of us}

Fasting on which of these days of Dhul-Hijjah expiates the sins that were committed during that year, and those that will be committed in the following year?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 November 2009 at 3:47am

First moon-sighting for Dhul-Hijjah was in South Africa on 17 November, Tuesday. Saudi announced Eid-al-Adha on Friday, November 27.

http://moonsighting.com/ - http://moonsighting.com/

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net