IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Roamin Catholic  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Roamin Catholic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ialsop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Roamin Catholic
    Posted: 25 October 2015 at 2:22pm
Hey everybody!

I am a Catholic teenager. I love my faith and my Church VERY much, especially Traditionalist Catholicism.

Now, I have become very angry at our secular,  immoral, degenerate culture. ALSO I have become very anti-Zionist. All this I have been for my Christian faith. But it has lead me to be interested in Islam. See, Islam is against the secularism and immorality of the modern world too. Very traditional family models and government models. I am interested in all of that.

The more I looked at Arabic culture in general, I love it. I love Eastern culture. For a long time I used to be very anti-East, very VERY Western in my thinking. And I still am in that I love the West, despise it's demise, and want to see it rise again, but I have new perspective on Eastern society. I LOVE Eastern monastic traditions, and Islamic desert spirituality, focused on Scriptures and prayer to God.

So, I am a Roman Catholic roaming Islamic culture to find treasures that could help me in my prayer life. Islamic passion is beautiful, I want my spiritual life to be like that.

Ialsop
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 4:19am
Welcome young Paduan, may the faith be with you!

I too was a Roaming Catholic but I have found my resting place in Islam Alhamdulillah.

I hope you don't find me rude when I say that Roman Catholicism is the made up religion of the Roman Empire and that it's primary focus is idol worship.
They made Jesus (Alayhi Salam) a mighty Prophet and Messenger of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala into a man god, which he did not preach.
Show me one verse from the Bible where Jesus (Alayhi Salam) himself says that he is God and to worship him then I will walk into the nearest Catholic church and I will kiss the statue and cross of Jesus (Alayhi Salam).
La Ilaha IllAllah
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 7:51am
Ialsop, welcome!
ialsop View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ialsop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2015 at 8:26pm
Well, I am NOT here to preach, but to learn. But..since you asked for a Bible verse...

You know the story where Jesus is in the crowded house and the people want to get a cripple to him, so they break open the roof and lower him down? And he heals the man?

Well, first he says your sins are forgiven. And the Pharisees have the RIGHT reaction! Only GOD can forgive sins..thus...
OR the Bible as we know it is totally corrupt, a thesis I would be willing to investigate, just would want evidence.

There are more, that is the most direct I can think of. But anyways, I am here to learn.

I would be VERY interested to listen to your story of conversion to Islam though. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic