IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets Muhammad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - circumcisions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

circumcisions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crysilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: circumcisions
    Posted: 23 May 2005 at 5:51pm

The topic of male circumcisions is slightly befuddled.... if a male is uncercumcised... and he were to convert ... would it mean that he would have to be circumcized??....

i have researched it... and there is no reference to it in hadith or sunnah or the koran,  however there is a passage that states to follow Abraham and what god had revealed to him (ra)... however, in jewish text, a convert does not have to be circumcized if he were to convert.... HOWEVER.... as muslims we cannot take biblical or jewish text directly because it is not in the direct way of revelance......

another thing is that because the topic wasnt directly discussed in either islamic text ... it is left slightly to history, as i recall muhammad did not directly object or approve of male circumcisions ... (also circumcisions were cultural and not religious except for the jews)

any solutions?

Edited by crysilver
Yusuf. View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yusuf. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2005 at 10:29pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Sahih Bukhari, 8.74.312

Narrated Abu Huraira

The Prophet said "Five things are in accordance with Al Fitra (i.e. the tradition of prophets): to be circumcised, to shave the pelvic region, to pull out the hair of the armpits, to cut short the moustaches, and to clip the nails.'

Sahih Muslim, 2.496

Abu Huraira reported: Five are the acts of fitra: circumcision, removing the pubes, clipping the moustache, cutting the nails, plucking the hair under the armpits.

Malik's Muwatta, 49.3.3

Yahya related to me from Malik from Said ibn Abi Said al-Maqburi from his father that Abu Hurayra said, "There are five things from the fitra: cutting the nails, trimming the moustache, removing the hair from the armpit, shaving the pubic region and circumcision."

Yusuf
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic