IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interest not haram?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interest not haram?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2007 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Inflation is a purely invented concept to steal money from people who do not wish to spend but rather save.

Rami; you must be kidding by making such a statement! It is perfectly safe to say almost anything in the internet discussion cuz there are no consequences for saying what ever comes to mind here.

I have a question , a house which cost say $300,000 10 years ago, today goes for a million dollars in my neighborhood.
And that ratio practically applies to every durable thing you go out to buy.Apply your hypothesis and try to make some sense! If  I had  been saving to buy at the 10  years past  prices, i.e., 300K where am I going get my deal? What gives?

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 12:02am
Originally posted by mohammad mohammad wrote:

Bro. Ghazzali Allah Almighty strictly prohibited in any shape of interest in any way refer to Qurain Ch # 2 (Surrah Baqra) verse 275, whereas Allah warned those who eat rubbah (interest) surely their station will be in the hell hereinafter.

Regarding of your this statement that some progressive Muslim are stating that from poor interest is forbidden but not others, they are just create the reasoning to justify their prohibited  action. May Allah Almighty show us in the right path with the right understandning of Qurain.

Bro I think the people in Pakistan are more inclined to live off the interest based schemes euphemistically calling it profits. I have heard these schemes were paying some of the highest interests (10+%)in the world cuz there was so much inflation, with no real manufacturing, too much paper money and chasing too few durabale goods. With no responsible government printing the paper money without any oversight let the value of the currency go down say in last 30 years from 5 rupees to dollar what is now 60 rupees. The rich are least bothered with this while poor man's  goose is cooked.
I don't think anybody plans to live off the interest income in the US , which is paltry by comparison.
How does the interest free banking work/ who pays for the rent and salaries in the market economy?

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 1:04am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

I have a question , a house which cost say $300,000 10 years ago, today goes for a million dollars in my neighborhood. And that ratio practically applies to every durable thing you go out to buy.

If housing gets increasingly expensive in certain areas, that is usually the result of other areas getting downtrodden with crime, prostitution, bad schools, et cetera. So, the pressure increases on the remaining areas, until they become bad too.

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 1:31am

Rami; you must be kidding by making such a statement! It is perfectly safe to say almost anything in the internet discussion cuz there are no consequences for saying what ever comes to mind here.

What do you know about the history of the monetary system that has been forced on people world wide in the last century alone, after you learn something then be certain of your self not before.

I have a question , a house which cost say $300,000 10 years ago, today goes for a million dollars in my neighborhood.
And that ratio practically applies to every durable thing you go out to buy.Apply your hypothesis and try to make some sense! If  I had  been saving to buy at the 10  years past  prices, i.e., 300K where am I going get my deal? What gives?

in a natural maket prices fluctuate becouse of supply and demand. You are not looking beyond the monetary system that is in front of your face, ask your grandfather if he is old enough or great grandfather if he is still alive about inflation and the idea of money loosing value due to time.

An utterly ridiculous concept that people have come to accept as something normal in life.

Did you know, since your an American, that there is no explicit law in America requiring a person to pay taxes but yet the entire American population does so simply because there told to.

If you dont believe me quote me the law requiring you to do so.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
crasss View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crasss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2007 at 2:55am

in a natural maket prices fluctuate becouse of supply and demand.

The demand in housing market is strongly influenced by the desire NOT to live amongst certain people, and the desire NOT to send your kids to the same school as certain people.

I always thought that the motivation was for rich people not to have to live with poor people, because that is what it looks like in Europe and the US.

But then I saw that rich people live amongst poor people in Southeast Asia. The truth is that the poor in Southeast Asia may be dirt poor, but they are not morally depraved. Rich and poor have similar moral values, with the poor actually more conservative in many aspects than the rich. So, the rich have more of an interest in avoiding the other rich than the avoiding the poor. As a result, poor and rich live mixed together in Southeast Asia.

This observation leads me to believe that crime, prostitution and substance abuse are absolutely NOT related to poverty. In my impression, they are much more related to family breakdown, than anything else.

Poor neighbourhoods concentrate a disproportionate number of broken families, because family breakdown does often lead to poverty. That is why poor neighbourhoods are so much affected by crime in the West.

So, the strategy of fleeing the poor neighbourhoods in Europe or in the US, is a failing one. It does temporarily drive up prices in neighbourhoods less affected by crime, and therefore favoured by the rich, but family breakdown affects all social classes. Therefore, the rich neighbourhoods will inevitably generate their own crime, and soon become bad too.

I think the house prices in rich neighbourhoods will still go up for a while, but will lose the underlying reason for their attractiveness, and then start losing value.

For the same reason, gated condominia are bound to fail. The rich are trying to flee into those, but sooner or later, crime will emerge from within.

In the long run, it is impossible to flee crime by moving neighbourhood. You have to flee to a country where the problem of family breakdown is under control. That means: outside the West, and outside the reach of the western government policies that are the cause for family breakdown.

Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2007 at 9:03pm

Originally posted by Rami Rami wrote:

What do you know about the history of the monetary system that has been forced on people world wide in the last century alone, after you learn something then be certain of your self not before.

I don�t get your smart-alecky remark, may be you are belly aching about the dollar hegemony.  I don�t know I should laugh or feel sorry for your know it all attitude.

All I know is that the winner of the WWII had prerogative to setup a monetary system to meet the needs of the time and pace of industrialization of the capitalist nation, necessity was the mother. Now lot of water has flowed under the bridge since then US is going through de-industrialization, likes of Googles are worth more than the smoke stacks industries. Some new paradigm will take place what ever will be, will be

in a natural maket prices fluctuate becouse of supply and demand. You are not looking beyond the monetary system that is in front of your face, ask your grandfather if he is old enough or great grandfather if he is still alive about inflation and the idea of money loosing value due to time.
An utterly ridiculous concept that people have come to accept as something normal in life. .

The supply and demand thing is moot point here for me, I seen enough when I was in  business. I have retired I will think about this stuff once a while.

Our head honcho has lost his marbles and blowing tons of borrowed money like drunken sailor in hell hole called Iraq.

Wars have their ways of rewarding the winner or penalizing the loser; WWII gave the US unprecedented economic hegemony, wrong policies and Vietnam war gave the US Nixon Shock and hyper inflation ruined the Carter Presidency.

And yes my great grand father time saw the destruction of a Muslim Empire due to wrong economic industrial policies or lack there off. When you don�t produce something valuable you lose the value of your money and nobody wants to work for you and people jump ship.

Does any justification for the Diaspora of Muslims come to your mind?

It is the world which lines up for the dollars offering cheap products and services. Who is forcing a communist country like China lending billions of dollars it earned producing low cost products back to the US? Though I dread the day if and when this symbiotic relationship goes sour!

Did you know, since your an American, that there is no explicit law in America requiring a person to pay taxes but yet the entire American population does so simply because there told to.

If you don�t believe me quote me the law requiring you to do so. .

And finally I didn�t expect you to be conspiracy monger cuz you have been a moderator.

You do bring some valuable information about Islamic resources here but by stating this you have utterly disappointed me. I am sorry to say that:

BTW here is the 16th  amendment to the Constitution of the United States which authorized the Congress to legislate the tax code:

AMENDMENT XVI

Passed by Congress July 2, 1909. Ratified February 3, 1913.

Note: Article I, section 9, of the Constitution was modified by amendment 16.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Conspiracy theories and allegations

The IRS is often featured in various conspiracy theories. One of the prominent allegation of IRS's insidious conduct is the the movie America: From Freedom to Fascism, directed by Libertarian filmmaker Aaron Russo, that explores the possible plot making United States to become a police state which IRS is allegedly taking part.

Edited by Sign*Reader
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 2:45am

I don�t know I should laugh or feel sorry for your know it all attitude.

I dont know much but in some places a little knowledge seems like a lot.

All I know is that the winner of the WWII had prerogative to setup a monetary system to meet the needs of the time and pace of industrialization of the capitalist nation, necessity was the mother.

Generally speaking this attitude sickens me when i see it in people, just becouse they can do what they like does not mean what they do is right and even more importantly does not make following and accepting them permissible with Allah.

Rasul allah [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] said muslims would follow westerners to the extent that if they went down a lizard hole muslims would follow after them.

The weakest form of faith is to recognise a thing is wrong!

When you don�t produce something valuable you lose the value of your money and nobody wants to work for you and people jump ship.

This principle only works with paper money not in a gold/material based monetary system. the least you can do is look into the old monetary system and see why this paper note system is absolutely haram by Islamic standards.

Does any justification for the Diaspora of Muslims come to your mind?

Lack of Iman, muslims have wealth just no one to invest it correctly.

And finally I didn�t expect you to be conspiracy monger cuz you have been a moderator.

You do bring some valuable information about Islamic resources here but by stating this you have utterly disappointed me. I am sorry to say that:

This is just as ignorant as saying no one on this earth conspires to do anything, i think yours is the more ridiculous proposition.

One of the prominent allegation of
IRS's insidious conduct is the the movie America: From Freedom to Fascism

Glad you have seen the material did you actually think about the facts or simply say might is right or
"the winner had the prerogative" to invent something from nothing.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2007 at 4:38am

Generally speaking this attitude sickens me when i see it in people, just becouse they can do what they like does not mean what they do is right and even more importantly does not make following and accepting them permissible with Allah.

Rasul allah [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] said muslims would follow westerners to the extent that if they went down a lizard hole muslims would follow after them.

WAS

Could you please quote this hadith or quote and its source or is this actually something you interpreted in your own manner.

A westerner in Rasul'Allah's (pbuh) day would not have been American. The Americans in his day were brown and unknown to him. They were not the people that dominate here now, the descendants of Europeans and every other nationality. The poeple to the west of him were north African.  I do not think "westerner" was the word used in this hadith. It would have been something more like "kafir" or Kufr? Where did you get the literal word "westerner?"

Are we interpreting something possibly to our own whims?

I am sorry you show your dislike for Westerners so evidently.

So why do you live in a western type society such as Australia?

And what is your degree in Islamic studies or or you an Imam?

You address others as if you were always in the right and they were always in the wrong.

Please answer me BR Rami, you have already humiliated me in public here in this forum.

I think since you are a student of the sayings of Rasul'Allah (pbuh) that you have read His Last Sermon?

Here is the hadith I know of:

Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri

The Prophet said, "You will follow the ways of those nations who were before you, span by span and cubit by cubit (i.e., inch by inch) so much so that even if they entered a hole of a mastigure, you would follow them." We said, "O Allah's Apostle! (Do you mean) the Jews and the Christians?" He said, "Whom else?"

So where did you get "westerner" and that does not mean that Western muslims act as the above referenced.

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic