IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 10:27am

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 7:54am

Jam, sorry for my delay, mate �I�ve been on a walkabout, of sorts.

You wrote:

Do you think I should start again with - "Hello, I am a Catholic and just want to know what makes you guys tick..."

Yes.

Quote:

You (in a playful and obliging mood) could respond with something like: "Get stuffed, troll."

Get stuffed you ignorant troll.  The same stuff that ticks you off ticks us off.  (I improvised a bit, but how�s that?)  

Quote:

Then we'd have our defenders and detractors writing things like: "Judaism/Christianity/Islam is the true light why do you hate true light
and lighting from a true?" and "Why can not we get along for the sake our selves today?"

Sounds right.

Quote:

We'd get it going - and this would inspire an onslaught of wiki links,
misspellings, CAPS LOCK ATTACKS, smilies and brilliant veteran's remarks
defending (or not) a Catholic's entrance...

If you don�t mind my saying so, you�ve observed the board dynamics well, in your short time here.

Quote:

At the end, I'll reveal myself to be the Muslim I actually am - and you, my
willing co-conspiring foil.*

One must admit, agitprop sometimes has its place.

Quote:

In any case, it would be an entrance with a great deal more pagentry and
interest than my first.

I�ve been on this board, sporadically, sometimes leaving for months on end, since before 9/11.  There aren�t as many discussions and dialogues as there once were.  These days, it is more a place to post individual gripes and grievances and to rage against the machine, but that all serves a purpose as well.  The kali-yuga, after all, is upon us.  At any rate, do stick around, it can sometimes take time for things (and personalities) to gel, if and when they do.

How is the music scene in Morocco, by the way?  I really know only (the music of) Natacha Atlas (ex Transglobal Underground), now recording in Belgium (I think), but, as I recall, she is a fan of Moroccan music.  I also like (Algerian) DJ Cheb I Sabba who records on an indie label here in the States, Six Degrees, out of San Francisco.  I do have a rather good collection of Arabic (and Indian) music and, when I lived in the Middle East (�90�s), used to go clubbing regularly in Cairo, to some of the best, most infectious music in the world.

All the best �

Serv

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 6:15am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 30 October 2009 at 3:33pm
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 9:13am

Jam,

Quote:
Curious is a fine way to describe the blog. Shukran...

Afwan.  

Quote:
I think Burroughs would have just shot the goat, right?

Among other things.  And he would then probably have written about it and offered his manuscript to the sound of approving gasps arising from the collective throat of the decadent avant-garde.

Quote:
I never thought about the Crowley chasing... could we allow that I (being six and thirty) might be being chased by him...?

Well, let�s hope not, despite the fact that you are in the region of Tangiers!  Or let us hope, in any case, that you fare better in that process than did MacGregor Mathers and what seems to me an unenviable string of others.

Quote:
Glad to meet you,

Likewise, Jam, and carry on!

Serv 

Edited by Servetus
islam06 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islam06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 3:40am

ahhh fes

i my sisters bf is from there

lol

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 9:43am
The crumbling imperial city of Fes - that is my home in Morocco.
islam06 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islam06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 9:40am

wasalam alikoum jamal

yes ramaz is going great im liking it

even though its my 1st time lol

which part in maroc do u live in?

(dont mind me asking)

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 8:21pm
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 30 October 2009 at 8:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic