IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some Sugestions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some Sugestions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Sugestions
    Posted: 08 March 2005 at 10:47pm
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

is this how the layout and sections will stay.

If its not to much trouble a re-think of the different sections is needed, maybe something closer to the original. I don�t think we need so many regional sections or religious sections a more general categorising would be better. I also think a Q&A section is dangerous since it will promote shaykh google based fatwa�s. There are many Q&A sites on the net run by proper scholars Sunnipath.com is an excellent example.

Having to many sections is not good for the eyes,  will give an impression of emptiness as no one will  regularly use many of the sections as is the case in the old forum with much fewer sections to choose from.

I dont know if this is set in the software or not but the reply window is very small, the one that pops up when you press the reply button not at the bottom of the page.

I hope i dont sound like i'm complaining.

Edited by Rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2005 at 1:44pm

Assalamu alaikum,

You have a good point. So we are reduced the topics. Please let us know if you have anymore suggestion.

Thanks

Edited by administrator
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 4:48am

assalamu alaikum

Are you guys open to some sugestions on Topic titles, or are you set in what you have currently.

If you dont mind i could suggest a few, and some minor changes to other topics.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 10:02pm

assalamu alaikum

Here are some changes/sugestions which you may like to consider.

-The Title "Religious - Islam" is not linguistically correct it should be "Religion-Islam", The same with the topic "TV'S" it should simply be "T.V".

-" Discussions � Basics of Islam" and "Discussions - Islam for non-Muslims" are very similar since a non muslim would be discussing basic islam, i think "Basics of Islam" should be just "Islam" since i dont see anywhere else on the forum to talk about the religion in a more detailed manner."Sunnah and Hadith"  dont cover things like, Fiqh or Usul al Fiqh or any other of the sciences in Islam, and there are many topics which can be disscussed under the title of "Islam" which cant be discussed anywhere else in the forum.

-"Islamic Events � North America" There are many events occuring all over the muslim world, places like UK and Australia, Simply calling it "Islamic Events" would allow people from all around the world to post .

- You may like to consider changing the topics about the prophets to one topic called "Prophets" or "Prophets of Allah" Since you can only post a very small amount of information on each prophet then eventually there will be nothing to discuss since it would have all been posted. Only the life of Rasul Allah (salla llahu alaihi wa sallam) is very detailed so Keeping that Seperate would be a good Idea.

-Reviews - Literature, Media & News, This section needs a topic were people can post news article, maybe called "News & Media".

- Islamic Intrafaith Dialogue � Sunni & Shia this title is insulting to our shia brothers, "Interfaith" means another religion so it is like saying Shia are not muslims. "Islamic Dialogue - Sunni & Shia" is more correct.

Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 2:58am

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

Islamic Intrafaith Dialogue � Sunni & Shia this title is insulting to our shia brothers, "Interfaith" means another religion so it is like saying Shia are not muslims. "Islamic Dialogue - Sunni & Shia" is more correct.

Brother, all your suggestions in the last post are very intelligent and intelligible. I agree with you on almost all of them, and I hope that they will be considered very seriously by the moderating team.

As for your last comment, which I have quoted in this post of mine, you have fallen into my own initial misunderstanding that the title of that topic is "Interfaith dialogue". However, it's actually titled "intrafaith", which means "within the same faith".

Despite that, I agree that the title should be  changed: Like us, other people may also read it as "interfaith dialogue" and come to a significant misunderstanding about this website's view of our Shiite brothers.

Edited by Mustafaa
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
Mustafaa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mustafaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 3:00am
Oh brother Rami! You have also become a moderator! Allah help you with the task.
There is no deity but Allah. Muhammad is the (last) Messenger of Allah.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 7:07pm

I honestly think and believe that the forums titles of the old board should have been exactly the same here and stay the same, this will/would have been much easier to know what is what and then later introduce new forums, this would be more easy & much better for people. I've been with IC for soooo long that its confusing now and don't know what is what  I fear that some forums that were open to me are closed now  (although I yet to have a search) There's is no interfaith forum  

It would be great if it went back to the old forums titles but here, stay as it is but here and then we would know where we are. Anybody agree ?

Angel.

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 4:26pm

Doesn't feel like IC

yet!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic