IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Moon Landing  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moon Landing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moon Landing
    Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:11pm
I'm a billion percent sure that this topic has been discussed on here.  But I will introduce it because I have not had the opportunity to observe it. 

But many Muslims I know think that the U.S. moon landing was fake.  There is abundant evidence that supports this theory.  I personally think it could be fake.   There is abundant photographic evidence that supports this and the lack of protection from the radiation belt is another shred of evidence.

Aside from all the evidence that supports this theory, consider that it takes billions of dollars and the most advanced technology in our current day and age for a small robot to go to another planet.  How was it possible in the late 60s with technology much more inferior, to send two men to the Moon and back.  It boggles my mind and I think it's a load of...well you know what.  

Edited by Megatron
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2006 at 7:24pm
Perhaps the most profound justification for believing the moon landing was a theory was perhaps the photo of the astronaut putting the US flag on the moon and as you can see the flag moves! If you know anything about science we all know that there is zero atmosphere in space so how can a flag move? However they do have a "moon rock" but not sure if this is from the moon and not from our planet.
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 4:34am
Yeah...their photographic evidence of the moon landing is littered with inconsistencies.  The flag moving especially stands out.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

Yeah...their photographic evidence of the moon landing�is littered with inconsistencies.� The flag moving especially stands out.

well... now they are on mars.

that really dosnt makes much of a diffrence, btw any more proof besides flag theory?

Edited by ak_m_f
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 12:37am
I read an article in the low publication magazines about this. That was very impressive argument that almost convert me into the moon landing unbeliever. It was the photo those astronouts standing taken with Hassleblad camera that got me, just one of few anyway.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 9:03am

Assalamu Aleikum

It's been a while since anyone has visited this page and I'm not sure if my post will be read, but I'll take a chance.

I am shocked to read that the moon landing may have been a fake,and would like for someone to answer to the excerpts I've posted below. Be aware that I know absolutely NOTHING about these things, therefore, please keep it simple 

Waasalam

---------------

Stars in the Lunar Sky

Pictures of astronauts sent from the Moon don't include stars in the dark lunar sky. How could that be? Did NASA's film makers forget to turn on the stars? Most people who take photos know the answer: it's hard to take a picture of something very bright and something else very dim on the same photo. Ever watch a TV program or movie with outdoor night scenes? Unless the movie producers fake stars in the sky, or use special cameras, you just don't see stars. The cameras are adjusted for the actors, and the stars in the background are too dim to see.

Question regarding: �it's hard to take a picture of something very bright and something else very dim on the same photo.�

Since the background is dark and at least some stars are rather bright (and rather large), wouldn't they have to be on the photograph? But maybe stars appear/look different in space?

Regarding "people who take photos": This makes sense to someone like me who has a simple camera, but I assume that NASA�s cameras were much more sophisticated.

A Waving Flag

Everyone has seen the video of astronauts planting a US flag on the Moon. You can see the flag flexing and rippling. How can that be? There's no breeze on the Moon. But then, there's no atmosphere, either. When the astronauts planted the flagpole they twisted it back and forth to sink it into the lunar soil. On the Earth, that would have made the flag "wave" for a few seconds, then stop. But that's because the flag pushes against air as it flaps, and the air slows it down. On the Moon, there was no air to stop the flag's motion, so it continued, just as Newton's First Law of physics says it should. So of course the cloth flag waved and rippled beneath the metal rod holding it out. Source http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/avantgo/stage/news-moonlanding. asp

My Question: Is this a plausible explanation?

Source http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/avantgo/stage/news-moonlanding. asp

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2006 at 5:17pm

Here are some scientific answers:

No Stars Are Visible

The Apollo astronauts all landed on the day side of the moon, and all the videos they shot from orbit were over the day side, so the exposure settings were all for daylight. Set your camera to 1/125 at f/8 (a setting typical of the slower films in use in 1969). Aim it at the night sky and shoot pictures. Tell me how many stars you see. Aim your camcorder at the sky and see how many stars you can film.

Even with the eye you'd have difficulty seeing stars from the daytime lunar surface unless you stood in a shadow and shielded yourself from any light reflected from the ground, for the same reason you can't see stars from a brightly lit parking lot at night. 

The Flag Waves

Sure it does. The flag had a stiffening rod on the upper side so it would stand out from the staff. When the astronauts moved the pole, the free corner lagged behind by simple inertia. The flag actually flops unnaturally quickly because there is no air resistance to impede it.

For many more answers to questions we may have, click on the following link:

http://www.uwgb.edu/dutchs/PSEUDOSC/ConspiracyTheoryDidWeGot otheMoon.htm

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 12:37am

Oh c'mon, it's clearly fake.  That's why Neil Armstrong lives secluded form the rest of the world.  He's afraid he'll blurt out how his life was a sham and that the moon landing was staged in Hollywood.

At least he didn't come back and find that the Earth was populated by apes.  Damn dirty apes.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic