IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Da Vinci Code  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Da Vinci Code

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 11:15pm
AbRah, The properly title this something else other than The Da Vinci Code because this title is misleading....For your information the Da Vinci code is a ficticious book.
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

To those of you here who are observant don't you guys think its a bit odd w are talking about Hijab when the subject heading is talking about the DA vinci Code? I counted only 3 people actually discussing the subject. I don't understand why we have to talk about a different subject here?

Answer: I start this article The Da Vinci Code to expose the double standard practised by the West! I am going to expose more!

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 9:57am
Bmzsp

I thank you for allowing me to believe that the Quran is not (or at least large parts of it) from God. I also thank you on behalf of the billions of people who think like me.

By the way, I stayed in Singapore two weeks, in India three months, in Pakistan one week, in Malaysia one week, in Indonesia three weeks, I went four times to Turkey, twice to Marocco, I stayed two years in Algeria and went twice to Syria. Not to mention Afghanistan, Palestine and Iran which are not on your list.

Edited by Cyril
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 9:52am
If someone wishes to discuss hijab with respect to all religions , kindly start another thread.

Wassalaam.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 9:31am
To those of you here who are observant don't you guys think its a bit odd w are talking about Hijab when the subject heading is talking about the DA vinci Code? I counted only 3 people actually discussing the subject. I don't understand why we have to talk about a different subject here?
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 9:20am

AbRah,

"Now he is showing his true color by twisting his own words!"

I think that wasn't necessary, bro.

To Cyril: You can happily deny that Qur'aan is not from God but I will not treat that as any insult, as far as I am concerned. You may continue to deny. But do visit, Singapore, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Lebanon, Turkey, Morroco, Algeria, Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Bangladesh and see for yourself how women are free. You amy exclude saudi Arabia for it has kept it the way they want and that place is the place of birth of Islam. Everyone must remember that. In fact, the men in the countries that I listed, listen more to their wives.  I am one of those men.  My wife does not wear a hijab gear on her head but she dresses very modestly and keeps herself vey well-covered.

Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:55am
I will stop answering this specific thread (which is about the DVCode after all) as my saying that millions of people do not believe in the divine origin of the Quran is thought of as being an insult. I hope I won't be also held responsible for the existence of other religions besides Islam.

Edited by Cyril
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 5:03am
Mishmish's statement:

Cyril wrote: 

"Only you are saying that a woman who chooses to be covered must be oppressed."

No, you said that a woman who is covered must be oppressed.

You also said that people find it offensive. I said just the opposite.

I also showed you the verses in the Bible that state women must cover. Covering is not something ordered by God in the Quran only, but in the books of all the monotheistic religions.

Ignoring the Word of God is your choice, not mine.

My response:

Dear Mishmish....You are right...It was Cyril who said "O woman who chooses to be covered must be oppressed." ....I have been reading Cyril's statements since the first time I come here. Now he is showing his true color by twisting his own words!

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic