IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AIDS A QUESTION  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AIDS A QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AIDS A QUESTION
    Posted: 08 December 2021 at 9:32am
As I'm sure you know When the subject catches HIV the T cells start firing out HIV which in turn overpowers the immune system causing AIDS to set in. When AIDS Sets in the subject typically dies from an opportunistic infection such as pneumonia.
Freddie Mercury died of AIDS circa 1991. I'm wondering if a blood transfusion from a healthy subject would stop AIDS setting in. I've googled the subject but there appears to be nothing in the literature on giving AIDS patients blood transfusions with normalised T cells.

If you swapped healthy blood for infected blood then the uninfected HIV
blood viral load count would read naught. If the viral load count reads naught then how can AIDS set in? If AIDS doesn't set in then how can opportunistic infections set it and kill the subject???

Can someone explain this please?

Thanks
Blackangel View Drop Down

Male Monotheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2022 at 6:11pm
I asked a doctor and the doctor said no idea! I'll ask the question again. If you swap the blood of an AIDS patient (like an oil change in a car) with non infected healthy blood then that means the viral load count is nill. If the viral load count is nill then how can AIDS set in?

????????????????!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic