IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Baby names for girls  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Baby names for girls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
firewall3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2006 at 6:42pm
Salam 222dnallohc,

yes, may Allah blesses you with a healthy, beautiful, righteous baby.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2006 at 2:36am
Congratulations  
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
222dnallohc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 222dnallohc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2006 at 7:49am

Asalamu Alaikum

Thanks everyone- I love this discussion about names :)  I recently found out I am having a baby girl...thats why I only asked about baby girl names

I am so happy and thankful...

ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2006 at 10:37pm

i like muhammad,insha'Allah if i ever have a baby boy i will name him muhammad.

"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 4:49am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

jazakAllah khair sis ummziba for understanding hidden meaning  n starting names for baby boys, sometimes i go a bit shy, hopefuly sis 222dnallohc dont mind

well my favourite names are Muhammad Abdullah, Muhammad Ahmed, Muhammad Almujahid, Yahya, Zakariya, and basically any nice name and put Muhammad infront

i was listening to 'The life of Muhammad' by Imam Anwar al-awlaki and he mentioned that he met some1 called Muhammad the tenth and he asked him reason behind it and the person goes that his father likes the name Muhammd so much he named all his sons Muhammad with first, second, third n so forth at end, subhanAllah

wassalam

Edited by fatima
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2006 at 4:30am

Daisy

Matilda

Kelilah

Milliana

Olivia

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2006 at 2:39pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Interesting naming information Angela, thanks!!

And Fatima, for you, some of my favorite boys names: Majid, Siraj, Jibril, Jalal, Nabil, Yusef, Naeem, Zubayr, Zaid, and Dominic.  (...one of these names is not like the others...)

Peace, ummziba.

Edited by ummziba
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2006 at 8:06am

In Russia your middle name is a derivative of your father's name.

Gregory, become Gregorovich for a boy and Gregorevna for a girl.

Ivanovich or Ivanova, for Ivan.  Etc

They also have diminutives.  Alexander and Alexandra becomes Sasha.  Ludmilla becomes Ludya.  ect.

And they almost never use their last names unless its a first time meeting or a formal business meeting.  They go by their diminutive with friends and family and aquaintences use their first name and patronimic....example   Ekaterina Igorevna Petropavloskaia would be Katya to friends.  Ekaterina Igorevna to her teachers and coworkers.

I love names.  Of course in Japan, your family name is first and your given name is second.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic