IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 5:25pm

(Ketchup:)  "oh, I didn't realise this had to be our own works."

It does not have to be.  I am one of the most flexible characters, or wonks, on the block.  (We just have to pay close attention to the rules and guidelines above and try to stay within them.)  

"Many appologies from the restaurant at the end of the universe."

There is no need.  By the way, would that be from the take-away fish and chips place near Tower Records in Piccadilly Circus?

Serv

Edited by Servetus
Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

Dear Ketchup, I think that I recognize #13 and, if it is not your own, and if you don't mind my pointing this out, you are to place the statement within quotation marks.  Consider editing and doing just that.  (Incidentally, my #12 was a close call but sufficiently different to another by the disreputable Mao Tse-tung that I did not place it within quotation marks but did acknowledge the debt.)

Cheers and, again, thanks for all the fish,

Servie

oh, I didn't realise this had to be our own works.

Many appologies from the restaurant at the end of the universe.

"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 5:06pm

Dear Ketchup, I think that I recognize #13 and, if it is not your own, and if you don't mind my pointing this out, you are to place the statement within quotation marks.  Consider editing and doing just that.  (Incidentally, my #12 was a close call but sufficiently different to another by the disreputable Mao Tse-tung that I did not place it within quotation marks but did acknowledge the debt.)

Cheers and, again, thanks for all the fish,

Servie

Edited by Servetus
Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 4:58pm

mm mao... its a rough ride?

"God does not play dice with the universe; He plays an ineffable game of his own devising, which might be compared, from the perspective of any of the other players, to being involved in an obscure and complex version of poker in a pitch dark room, with blank cards, for infinite stakes, with a dealer who won't tell you the rules.."

'Good Omens' yet still valid words..

Edited by Ketchup
"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 4:29pm

To me, it makes perfect sense, Ketchup.

The kali-yuga is not now, and will not be, a dinner party.

Servetus

Inspired, for lack of a better word, by Mao Tse-tung 

Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 9:53am
Now that I didn't know, I assumed it was about revenge.. repercussions for our bad actions.. Now I look at it again I can see how the anti-christ can play a part as he can lead the flock from the right path if that makes sense.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 9:52am

That (#11) was a good one and was a tongue-twister as well.

�An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.�

Put the by now apparently disbanded Dead Can Dance into the queue:  �In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed(*) are kings.�

Serv

(*)  As I no doubt imperfectly understand and as some of the above posts indicate, in Islamic tradition, dajjal, or 'anti-Christ,' appears with one eye.

Ketchup View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ketchup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2006 at 9:22am

#11 It was so much easier to blame it on Them.  It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Edited by Ketchup
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic