IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall)
    Posted: 18 December 2005 at 1:11pm

A permanent Islamic member (state or commonwealth) should be included on the UN Security Council and said member should be granted full veto power.

Servetus

Edited by Servetus
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 9:24am

Now that America has gone Fascist, I am hoping to emigrate ... to New Hampshire.

Servetus

Edited by Servetus
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2005 at 4:19pm

He (or she) who is willing to contribute the most to the corruption of Athenian (American) youth should not be forced to drink hemlock.  Rather, he should enjoy celebrity status and be hired to host a nationally-syndicated radio or television program.

Servetus

Edited by Servetus
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 8:41am

Edited by Servetus
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 10:06am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

99 Theses (nailed to IC wall)

slight irony in having to re nail it to the right wall
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 4:21pm

Finally, someone responded and gave me some attention.  But I thought my nailing my 10 Theses (and very important propositions, observations and aphorisms) to the IC wall was a "Current Event" -at any rate, it is an event and I am doing it currently.  But no matter, my revolutionary act must continue (with a note of thanks to the funny and ironic moderator, Mr. Rami, for ensuring that I am in the proper forum for such things).

Thus far in my inquiry, that which I find most annoying about Islam is its persistent and stubborn refusal to submit to my nafs!

Servetus 

Edited by Servetus
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 4:32pm

just some advice, can you clarify in plain english what you are doing for those among us who do not have a high mastery of the english language as your self, espetialy when you mention islam as what you said above can easily be misunderstood.

in a less general sence than your initial post.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2005 at 4:59pm

Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

just some advice, can you clarify in plain english what you are doing for those among us who do not have a high mastery of the english language as your self, espetialy when you mention islam as hat you said above can easily be misunderstood.

Happily and thank you for the advice (but please allow me to say that I don't have a high mastery of the English language).

Thus far in my inquiry, that which I find most annoying about Islam is its persistent and stubborn refusal to submit to my nafs!

The point of the above statement, otherwise stated, is this:  As I understand, Islam insists upon the nafs, or perhaps "ego," being brought into full submission.  The nafs, at least my nafs (as a non-Muslim), prefers instead to dominate and have its own way.  My nafs is therefore frustrated by Islam's stubborn refusal to submit to it.  It is an inoffensive statement, I should think, and says more about me than it does about Islam.  In a similar vein, I once read (I think it was) Abdal Hakim-Murad saying something to the effect that, in the era of the anti-Christ, the nafs would be annointed King.  Again, thank you for asking.

Servetus  

Edited by Servetus
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic