IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - say mashallah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

say mashallah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amina16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: say mashallah
    Posted: 08 December 2005 at 10:18am

when i was born i was a really cute baby.  Everyone used to talk about how such a cute baby i was but they didn't say mashallah.  Then all of a sudden i got real sick.  my skin was pealing of and i was always in pain.  I was like 3 or 4 months old.  My parents took me to lots of doctors but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. All of the doctor said that there is nothing they can do for me.  Everyone thought i was going to die.  My parents and relatives kept praying to allah for me to get better. finally i got better.  from that day on everytime someone said how cute i was my parents and relatives always said mashallah or made the person say mashallah. 

Last year the same thing almost happened to my brother Zain.  thank allah he wasn't as worst as me.  he only got a really high fever.  i told u these story because i wanted to show u what peoples eyes can do.  So plz plz plz plz say mashallah. 

"Words have Power" ex: The Quran
Abby View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 11:10am
Ma Sha'Allah
NICE WORDS
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2005 at 6:05pm

hear you Amina.   I had to teach my niece to say "ma sha allah" because everywhere she goes people are telling her how cute she is (ma sha allah).   Aside from the evil eye, I'm worried she might grow up to be a bit vain.   I've alreaedy caught her once in the mirror tossing her hair saying "I'm so cute" (and she's only 4 years old).

Salaam

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 4:45am

Bismillah,

It puts a sense of purity in our hearts for the compliment we are giving reminding us that everything is with Allah, SWT's blessings.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 11:31am

As Salamu Alaikum

Surah Al-Kahf Ayat 39 reads: "It was better for you to say, when you entered your garden Masha Allah! (that which Allah) la quwwata illah billah (there is no power except Allah) if you see me less than you in wealth and children."

Most  scholars say, "Whoever is delighted with something in his circumstances or his wealth or his children, let him say, `That which Allah wills! There is no power but with Allah!''' This is based on this Ayah.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2005 at 5:48am

ASSALAMU ALAIKUM

Sister Amina, good topic.  I originally read your thread right after you posted it and was immediately reminded of a similar situation with my own daughter.  However, MASHALLAH, I was held back from responding to your post at that time.  I woke up unusually early this morning (hours before dawn) and, MASHALLAH, I was called to open my Qur�an and, MASHALLAH, to Sura 35, Fatir (The Originator of Creation).   I was originally going to post a couple of ayats regarding the Praiseworthy status of Allah, however, MASHALLAH; the entire sura is such a beautiful message of His Praiseworthiness.  So, MASHALLAH, simple quoting one or two ayats will truly not serve the purpose along those lines.  However, MASHALLAH, after reading Sura Fatir, I was guided to see, MASHALLAH, something to share.  That is, the true nature of praising Allah is for no other reason than this:   

Ya-'ayyuhanasu 'antumul-fuqara-'u 'ila-LLah; wa-Llahu Huwal-Ganiyyul-Hameed (trasnliteration of Sura 35, Fatir, Ayat 15)

O ye men!  It is ye that have need of Allah; but Allah is the One Free of All wants, Worthy of all praise. (English translation of Sura 35, Fatir, Ayat 15)

Allah laa illaha illah hoaa al haie el qai-oom la � taakhozohu senatun wala nawm.  (Allah! None has the right to be worshiped but Allah, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer and Protector of all that exists.) Allah is the Worthy One.  If we by chance benefit from His Worthiness, MASHALLAH; however, even if we see or perceive something as less than beneficiary to us (maybe we aren�t so cute) we still should say MASHALLAH because Allah knows what we do not.  If we benefit from saying it (such as not getting sick when people praise us instead of Allah), it�s kind of like icing on a cake; however, in this situation, Allah is the cake and all of the icing (both what we perceive to be good and not so good, are from Him and Him alone).  ALLAHU AKBAR!

So, keep saying

INSHALLAHMASHALLAHALHAMDULILLAHALLAHU AKBARSUBHAN ALLAHLA ILAHA ILLA ALLAH...LA-HAWLA WALA QUWATA WALA ILLA BELLA

Praising Allah definitely is good for our soul but only because it is His Right to receive it from us.

ALLAH HAFIZ

PAZ, Khadija

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic