IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am interested in becoming Muslim  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am interested in becoming Muslim

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celeste Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am interested in becoming Muslim
    Posted: 29 June 2013 at 9:39pm
I don't know if I would be welcome. I am very serious about this. Nobody has formally introduced me to the religion. I was raised Christian and have been a serious believer all of my life, up until two years ago I have been questioning my faith, but have not completely let go or ruled out that Christ was miraculous and the son of God. One of the main reasons why I want to become Muslim, is because I feel like the Christian community has failed me and I am drawn to how disciplined Muslims are. I think I would feel safe and covered by Islam. I am afraid that if I don't become part of a community that takes their life serious I am literally going to die. Is my reasoning not a fair reason to consider becoming Muslim? Would I be unwelcomed for the concerns I mentioned, uncluding the fact that I can't go as far as denouncing Christ?

NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:23am
first of all U don't need to declare to the world that U want to become Muslim,its between U and Allah,and U should feel blessed that at least U had put a step forward towards right path,if U want to become Muslim U should have faith in one Allah and should believe that prophet Muhammad S.A.W(pbuh)is the last and final apostle.moreover a Muslim is a person who follows Qur'an and sayings of prophet.i would recommend U to read Qur'an with translation,believe me U will love it and also U will b cleared about several misconceptions made by media and others,for eg Allah says in ch 3 v 19-only religion in the sight of Allah is Islam,Allah says in ch 3 v 85-no religion other than Islam is acceptable to Allah,when U read Qur'an U will observe that the complete way of life is mentioned in it,for eg we should knock the door before entering one's house(ch 24 v 27-29),then u would came to know that Allah had laid several favours for woman for eg in ch 4 v 4-man has to give mariatal gift to girl,u should not force any girl to marry(ch 4 v 19) etc,u should read Qur'an to actually feel closeness to Allah,i pray Allah may guide you.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 1:41pm
Indeed Christ was miraculous, his birth, the many miraculous healings he performed, and his eventual return to this world, however all of these events happened by the permission of the one who created Chirst, the heavens and earth, and this is God, to whom we worship and praise. Christ was one of his great prophets, who we honor, but do not worship. We welcome you into the fold of Islam by simply saying; I bear witness there is no deity worthy of worship but Allah (God, who is the creator of the heaven and earth, and all between) and that Prophet Muhammad is His prophet and final messenger to mankind. After repeating this declaration with understanding Chirst is a god, we welcome you as a Muslim.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2013 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Celeste Celeste wrote:

I don't know if I would be welcome. I am very serious about this. Nobody has formally introduced me to the religion. I was raised Christian and have been a serious believer all of my life, up until two years ago I have been questioning my faith, but have not completely let go or ruled out that Christ was miraculous and the son of God. One of the main reasons why I want to become Muslim, is because I feel like the Christian community has failed me and I am drawn to how disciplined Muslims are. I think I would feel safe and covered by Islam. I am afraid that if I don't become part of a community that takes their life serious I am literally going to die. Is my reasoning not a fair reason to consider becoming Muslim? Would I be unwelcomed for the concerns I mentioned, uncluding the fact that I can't go as far as denouncing Christ?

I do welcome you, from the internet side though. As for denouncing the son of Mary, I won't do that considering I just told bed time story to my daughter about the birth of Christ last night, and she said: "her name Maryam?, oh how cool is that, I am going to tell my friends".

Her name is maryam too, thats why she was that excited. It was supposedly serious bed time story. LOL

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:36pm
Hello Celeste,

Welcome to Islamicity and welcome to the folds of Islam.

You definitely do not have to denounce Christ to accept Islam, rather we regard him highly, as one of the prophets of God.

I would however suggest you to first study islam thoroughly and search your heart fully well. Reverting to Islam is one phase and practicing it after is another. Till the first phase many come rather quite enthusiastically but later find it hard to find their heart in conformity with its teachings. Dont let that happen to you.

Also, if possible associated with few muslims who can guide you - who are not too hard on you as a new commer and help you build your own pace with various daily practices.

Hope this helps.
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic