IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Personalties
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - KHALID IBN AL-WALID'S MARCH FROM IRAQ TO  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KHALID IBN AL-WALID'S MARCH FROM IRAQ TO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AL BASAIR MEDIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KHALID IBN AL-WALID'S MARCH FROM IRAQ TO
    Posted: 24 March 2013 at 6:17am
muslimahghuraba View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimahghuraba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 6:54am
Khalid bin Walid Radiyallahu Anhu...
A true soldier of Islam, one of my favourite sahabas. I have sooo much love and respect for him. We need our children and youth to have him as a role model.

Quotes of Khalid

�Do you see a space of the span of a hand on my leg, chest, arm which is not covered by some scar of the wound of a sword or an arrow or a lance?� Said this to one of his friends a few days before he died, four years after dismissal from army.

�If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.� Said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

�When I am in the battlefield, I love it more then my wedding night with the most beautiful of women�

�I love the rainy night when I am standing wearing armour with a sword and shield in my hand and looking towards the eastern horizon, waiting for sun to rise so that I can start the battle.�

�Submit to Islam and be safe. Or agree to the payment of the Jizya, and you and your people will be under our protection, or else you will have only yourself to blame for the consequences, for I bring the men who desire death as ardently as you desire your life.�

(This letter was writen by Khalid to Persian Governor of Mesopotamia before invading it)

�When Allah decides a matter, it is done.�

�I have dedicated my life to the way of Allah, the Most High.�

�Man intends one thing, but Allah intends another.�

�If you are truthful you will survive but if you lie you shall perish.�

These were the famous verses that Khalid use to recite in the battle field.

�I am the son of many chiefs. My sword is sharp and terrible. It is the mightiest of things when the pot of war boils fiercely.�

�I will give you three days, if the gates are not opened on these revised terms, I shall attack. And then there shall be no terms of any kind.�

�I am the son of Al Walid ! Does anyone wish to duel?�

�By my faith, the water will go to whichever army is more steadfast and more deserving.� (Said this before the decisive Battle of Walaja, when Muslim army ran short of water)

�O Lord! If you give us victory, I shall see that none of their warriors is left alive until their river runs with their blood!� (Said this during Battle of Ullais which is also known as Battle of blood river)

�At Battle of Mu�tah I broke nine swords in my hand. But I have never met an enemy like the Persians. And among the Persians I have never met an enemy like the army of Battle of Ullais.� Gave tribute to the brave Persian soldiers after the bloody Battle of Ullais.

�Wait a little while and there will come to you mounts, carrying lions in shining armor, ranks after ranks�

�I see that these people know nothing about war.� Said this about Persian and Christian Arab recruits in the Persian army after analyzing the siege in Iraq.

�We shall take this route, let not your resolve be weakened. Know that the help of Allah comes according to your desire. Let not the Muslims fear anything so long as they have the help of Allah.� (Said this when one of his commander tried to stop him from taking a dangerous rout direct to Syria from Iraq through Syrian desert)

Heraclius wrote following letter to Khalid�

�I have come to know what you have done to my army. You have killed my son in law and captured my daughter. You have won and got away safely. I now ask you for my daughter. Either return her to me on payment of ransom or give her to me as a gift, for honour is a strong element in your character�

Khalid responded by saying,

�Take her as a gift, there shall be no ransom.�

�If Abu Bakr is dead and Umar is Caliph, then we hear and obey.�

�How few are the Romans and how numerous are we ! An army�s strength lies not in numbers of men but in Allah�s help, and its weakness lies in being forsaken by Allah� (Said this to one of his soldier at the Battle of Yarmouk who became worried by the enemies huge numbers gathering before them)

�Praise be to Allah who took Abu Bakr away. He was dearer to me than Umar. Praise be to Allah who appointed Umar in authority He was hateful to me, but I grew to like him.�

�And here I am, dying in my bed, like the cattle die so may the eyes of cowards never sleep.�

These were the last words of Khalid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic