IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Pillars of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - marital relations in RAMADHAN  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

marital relations in RAMADHAN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faizal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: marital relations in RAMADHAN
    Posted: 05 October 2005 at 9:10pm

Salaam all,,

I've a small questions for everyone

What besides sexual intercourse and related to sex is permitted when fasting?

I mean kissing, caress, pinching wife breast, and bottom

Thanks

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 11:46pm
LOL that is kinda personal bro perhaps you might wanna consult your local Imam..But nontheless a genuine question
Sajid2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sajid2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 1:08am

Assalamu Alaykum,

May Allah " SWT" accept us and our fasting and bless us,

Intercoures is not allowed and resetrictedly prohibited in the day time of Ramadan, if a person does that, he/she is to keep fasting(lator on after Ramadan finishes) for 2 successive months. as a penalty  "Kaffara".

For other things you 've asked about" kissing,pinching............etc" if you are sure and  guarantee  that you won't be carried away for a complete interscourse or EJACULATION - also spoils fasting- then no harm, our prophet Mohammad used to kiss his wife Ayesha while fasting, but it's advisable not to do such things in the day time.

Edited by Sajid2003
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 10:03am
The Prophet Muhammad (salallahu alaihi wa salam) had much more self control and was much more humble than most of us, so it was easier for him to kiss his wife without being tempted to have intercourse with her.  So kissing and everything except intercourse is permitted but not encouraged.
unity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 12:18pm

Asalam Aalaikum,

I understand the opinions given by different members of this forum on this matter, but I didnot understand what Sajid means by saying that it is advisable not to do such things in day time.

We know that sexual intercourses takes place during night time and their could possibly be many reasons for that. But I didnot understand why such emphasis is given on day time.

who call themselves superior are actually inferior in the eyes of Allah.Those who call themselves slaves of Allah are superior not only in the eyes of Allah but also superior in the eyes of man.
Community View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Community Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 12:40pm

It's clear, no sex during the day while fasting....but during the night you have the green light. What you should do or not during the day with your wife depends on you really,

if sitting in the same room as her gives a chance of you losing it (LOL) then you should avoid that too.

But otherwise you can kiss her and caress her if you are not a man who loses control of himself in this matter ,

i mean come on MEN, if fasting is something that is in "danger" by your wanting to have sex with your wife "right now" during the day, while you can have sex with her at night, and you actually can not resist having sex with your wife and you need to avoid kissing her or staying in the same room as her (lol) then you got some problem there in my view...but thats just my view i guess.

Faizal View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faizal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2005 at 8:47pm

Thanks for replying me...

but some take the wrong meaning of my questions....

Of course we must restrict ourselves from sexual intercouse...that is what is called fasting.... only i want to knw besides sexual intercourse what is permitted during fasting...some of u said kissing because our prophet also kissed his wife but depends what type of kissing.. kissing on lips or kissing on cheeks...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic