IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PAUL  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PAUL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2013 at 7:07am
Hey Mahdi,
I've looked and looked and every picture I've seen of Jesus, He has long hair. Alas, can't get away from it, go figure.
Long blond hair, blue eyes, and a really nice tan. Where do we go from here?

I didn't want to be your show stopper here.

I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Mahdi The Seeke View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mahdi The Seeke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2013 at 4:51am
1 Corinthians 7:12-14 New International Version
(NIV) 12 To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord):

enuff said

Again

1 Corinthians 7 (New
International Version)25 Now about virgins: I have no command from the Lord,
Webber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2013 at 12:22am
Is Paul not allowed to add his personal comments in his letters?

That's it? Your whole refutation?

What about the long hair? That's where you started. What happened? Jesus got a hair cut?

Edited by Webber - 27 March 2013 at 12:22am
I'm a Gentile.
Numb. 6:24-26
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:37am
Since so many muslims seem to take issue with Paul, without ever reading what Paul taught, I have decided to share some of the teachings of Paul.  Salaam.

25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

27 Neither give place to the devil.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God ... hath forgiven you.

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Placid View Drop Down

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Placid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 4:31am
Hi,

The thing I like about the letters that Paul wrote to the Churches is that he wrote to the new Christians in simple language and emphasized the same to a Gentile audience that did not have much previous spiritual understanding --- as Jesus emphasized to the very religious Jews.

Jesus gave His disciples a new lifestyle to follow, when He said in John 13:
34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
35 By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.�
--- (Jesus said the new Commandment to Love God and love your neighbor as yourself, fulfilled the Old Testament Laws.)

And Paul says it simply in Romans 13:
8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.
9 For the commandments, �You shall not commit adultery,� �You shall not murder,� �You shall not steal,� �You shall not bear false witness,� �You shall not covet,� and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, �You shall love your neighbor as yourself.�
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Placid

Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 2:26pm

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: ...

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

- the teaching of Paul

Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
iec786 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iec786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2013 at 12:24pm
PAUL : On his own admittance being cunning, used deceit:
"But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I
CAUGHT YOU WITH GUILE." 2 CORINTHIANS 12:16
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by iec786 iec786 wrote:

PAUL : On his own admittance being cunning, used deceit:
"But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I
CAUGHT YOU WITH GUILE." 2 CORINTHIANS 12:16

Greetings iec,

Just as there are passages of the qur'an that muslims say non-muslims misunderstand... this is one that muslims often misunderstand.

Let's examine the context of what Paul is saying.

13 For what is it wherein ye were inferior to other churches, except it be that I myself was not burdensome to you? forgive me this wrong.
    15 And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.
    16 But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile.
    17 Did I make a gain of you by any of them whom I sent unto you?

He is saying that he required nothing of them and it was through the witness of his own self sacrifice that they were won over.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic