IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need some help with a question please!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need some help with a question please!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neginaxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some help with a question please!
    Posted: 19 February 2013 at 10:52am
Asalama alaykum brothers and sisters.

I am actually in need of some help/advice/info.

I know that in Islam, seeing a psychic is Haram & not allowed as said by prophet Muhammad sws, which is why I never thought about going to one after I found out it was harram.

But something occurred to me. I was sitting in my car waiting for my mother to come from the store, and a guy of Hindu religion knocks on my window. He was very genuine and kind and spoke with poise. He was telling me things about me that were really shocking and he basically was telling me that I am gonna have a good upcoming year. He was telling me about my life as well, saying very good and TRUE things that scared me cause a strange man knew these things. He also Gave me a green stone for good luck, he didn't even ask for money he just came up to me and did all that. It really was something shocking to me. My question is, am I committing a sin in any sort of way? He came up to me I did not go to see a pshycic, to he respectful I allowed him to finish talking because he was very genuine. And could the stone be bad? Please help me with this. Thank you.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 12:23pm

Salam,

There is nothing wrong (no sins) to get stone and get prediction. However believing the prediction and the power of the stone is sinful, and considered as shirk.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
neginaxo View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neginaxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 12:25pm
Thank you very much for the confirm
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 12:43pm
I'm puzzled, if you know fortune telling is haram, why sit and listen?  The stone belongs in the trash, and our shyness and good manners are more the right of the Creator of the Heavens and Earth.  Seek forgiveness!  
neginaxo View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neginaxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2013 at 12:46pm
I did it outpf respect, to allow him to finish speaking. I was taught manners. As for the stone, its pretty, I dont believe in it.but I like how it looks.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 8:07am
Great that you were taught manners, however you may need training in assertiveness.  Why waste your time and his with nonsense? I live in Los Angeles, and once when coming out of a store a young man asked if I'd listen to his rap music cd, and give my opinion.  I don't believe music is permissible, and much of rap music has filthy lyrics.  A simple 'no thank you' and I'm on my way.  Be advised also that the stone my contain a jinn - get rid of it today. And Allah Knows Best.

Edited by abuayisha - 20 February 2013 at 8:08am
NABA View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NABA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 6:40am
only Allah has Ilm aye gaib,I.e he only knows the future.in surah Al Ra'ad ch 13 v 11 Allah says that he will not change the situations of those who do not want to change themselves,it means if U strive then only U will get success,further Prophet Muhammad S.A.W said that any innovation in Islam is a misguidance and misguidance leads to hell.therefore believing in fortune tellers is totally haraam
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2013 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by abuayisha abuayisha wrote:

Be advised also that the stone my contain a jinn -

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic