IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is IC Forum boring?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is IC Forum boring?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is IC Forum boring?
    Posted: 30 January 2013 at 2:39pm
For days and days nothing just happens. May be part of the reason is that forum admin hold back all the posts so that they can vet each and every one delaying them.

Even the non-moderated sections are non involved. Somebody posts something and all you will get is about 10 or 20 views.

Who else thinks IC forum is boring?
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren Abu Loren wrote:

For days and days nothing just happens. May be part of the reason is that forum admin hold back all the posts so that they can vet each and every one delaying them.

Even the non-moderated sections are non involved. Somebody posts something and all you will get is about 10 or 20 views.

Salaam Alaikum, Abu Loren.

I don't find it boring at all.

I am engaged in discussion with some very intelligent and courteous Muslims like Rational and 786SalaamKhan. They are able to ask some very deep and provocative questions about my faith and answer questions about what Islam without resorting to insults or personal attacks.

Maybe you will find it less 'boring' and you will discover that more people respond to things you have to say when you learn to act courteously and respectfully towards others on Islamicity, like most of it Muslim and non-Muslim posters do already.

For the most part, I try to ignore what you say since most of it, when directed towards me and other non-Muslims, comes in the form of insults. Sometimes I respond, but it is quite rarely. That's just me, though.

Try treating others with courtesy and respect and maybe more people will be willing to talk to you and you won't be so bored on here.

Blessed be the Name of the Lord.
nothing View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:17pm

A bit something else involved. The birth of social networking really took a lot of active participants from the forum away. I am not not in any of them now but I've been with facebook and been with twitter and I think they also very quite.

A boring, yes it has something to do with it, yes some posts are really boring.

You know there was time when I could read a book for 3 to 4 hours non stop without a blink? so to speak. There was time when I could listen to audio tape one after the other without missing the error of the speaker involved as I was so tentative to what I did. There was time when I count the letters and words  in the Qur'an and found things that amazed me of it structure. There was time when I went from church to church from house to house from gathering to gathering just for debate. And I did those thing alone, there was no buddy walking along with me to cheer or to support. I believed in what I believe and no one need to nod me.

Yesterday while on meal break at work I read Chapter 23 for refreshing purpose, and I cracked some part of Chapter 24 too, as though I could see the mind of the author. I did not do it for heaven or hell or any spectator who cheers me or boo me, just me enjoying the Book in my hand, nothing else. Hey, I am nothing for reason. I can be happy without anyone or anything, just wondering why would those people take drugs to get it - when I get it all the time by the thing I enjoy for free. You know this statement intrigue me when 1st time I read it? and hundreds more, God should know it than why asked?:

And what is that in your right hand, O Moses? (20:17)
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by TG12345 TG12345 wrote:

I am engaged in discussion with some very intelligent and courteous Muslims like Rational and 786SalaamKhan. They are able to ask some very deep and provocative questions about my faith and answer questions about what Islam without resorting to insults or personal attacks.

Maybe you will find it less 'boring' and you will discover that more people respond to things you have to say when you learn to act courteously and respectfully towards others on Islamicity, like most of it Muslim and non-Muslim posters do already.

For the most part, I try to ignore what you say since most of it, when directed towards me and other non-Muslims, comes in the form of insults. Sometimes I respond, but it is quite rarely. That's just me, though.

Try treating others with courtesy and respect and maybe more people will be willing to talk to you and you won't be so bored on here.

I like insulting id people like you who come to debate about Islam without knowing anything about it. I know it is very unIslamic but people like you make my blood boil.

Pretty soon I will have to talk to myself on this forum.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

A bit something else involved. The birth of social networking really took a lot of active participants from the forum away. I am not not in any of them now but I've been with facebook and been with twitter and I think they also very quite.

A boring, yes it has something to do with it, yes some posts are really boring.

You know there was time when I could read a book for 3 to 4 hours non stop without a blink? so to speak. There was time when I could listen to audio tape one after the other without missing the error of the speaker involved as I was so tentative to what I did. There was time when I count the letters and words  in the Qur'an and found things that amazed me of it structure. There was time when I went from church to church from house to house from gathering to gathering just for debate. And I did those thing alone, there was no buddy walking along with me to cheer or to support. I believed in what I believe and no one need to nod me.

Yesterday while on meal break at work I read Chapter 23 for refreshing purpose, and I cracked some part of Chapter 24 too, as though I could see the mind of the author. I did not do it for heaven or hell or any spectator who cheers me or boo me, just me enjoying the Book in my hand, nothing else. Hey, I am nothing for reason. I can be happy without anyone or anything, just wondering why would those people take drugs to get it - when I get it all the time by the thing I enjoy for free. You know this statement intrigue me when 1st time I read it? and hundreds more, God should know it than why asked?:

And what is that in your right hand, O Moses? (20:17)

Thanks bro...just answer the question. Lol
TG12345 View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2013 at 7:20pm

I like insulting id people like you who come to debate about Islam without knowing anything about it. I know it is very unIslamic but people like you make my blood boil.

Pretty soon I will have to talk to myself on this forum.

You have fun talking to yourself then.

When you decide to act like a respectful and mature human being, I am sure more people will start talking to you.

Until then, enjoy your monologue.

Peace in Christ. May you one day come back to Him.
Abu Loren View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abu Loren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 7:23am

You have fun talking to yourself then.

When you decide to act like a respectful and mature human being, I am sure more people will start talking to you.

Until then, enjoy your monologue.

Peace in Christ. May you one day come back to Him.

All because I don't debate with a deaf, dumb and blind person like you....

Indeed Jesus (Alayhi Salaam) will bring peace on earth. Alhamdulilah.

I am already back o him as I believe he is a mighty prophet and the Messiah of Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala. It's you who needs to come back.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2013 at 8:01am
Originally posted by nothing nothing wrote:

Hey, I am nothing for reason. I can be happy without anyone or anything, just wondering why would those people take drugs to get it - when I get it all the time by the thing I enjoy for free.

Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic