IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Final Hurdle of becoming a Muslim is  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Final Hurdle of becoming a Muslim is

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 9:22am
"There are two ways to approach a study of Muhammad.  One is with reverence and the other is with skepticism.  Thinking persons choose the latter.  They are not influenced by the number of Muslim believers in the world today or by their force of belief because these are meaningless for determining truth.  They care only about fact."

Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

In the Arabic text, was there a different word for Allah(), one which always gets mistranslated into English as plain old "just"?

Assalam alaik nospam,

Not sure I understand the question.
الله
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

Prophet Mohammad (Salla Allah Alaihi Wasallam)

http://www.themodernreligion.com/prophet/top100.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3gTtw23mS8

Edited by Rational - 10 February 2013 at 2:38pm
الله
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 2:34pm

am a follower... of God and His laws..

You're a follower of satan because you worship a pagan trinity. Jesus (alaihi assalam) will put you to shame Caringheart. May Allah (subhanaho wa ta'ala) guide us all.
الله
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 3:20pm
"Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not. (6) Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering."  (surah 2)
The god of this world has blinded the minds of those who do not believe, and prevents the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, the image of God, from shining on them...  (Biblical scripture)
Who is the god of this world?
Who is it that blinds and deceives?
Heart

Greetings Rational,

"I am one person and I do not have followers, I am a follower... of God and His laws... of what Jesus taught."

Do you know what Jesus taught?  Have you read any of the words of Jesus?

Salaam,
Caringheart

"Allah (Himself) doth mock"
"Allah taketh away their light and leaveth them in darkness"
"Allah encompasseth the disbelievers. (in His guidence)"

Edited by Caringheart - 10 February 2013 at 4:11pm
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3gTtw23mS8

Greetings Rational,

Regarding Muhammad being an influential leader.  I agree and I think of all the other great leaders for their time who came through history...
Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, and Martin Luther King Jr, come to my mind...
They all did great things for their people, were great leaders for their time.
I think Muhammad fits in with them.  They were all ahead of their time.
There have been many people who have changed the course of the world... Abraham Lincoln, Steve Jobs...
Let's face it after Muhammad died so did his leadership.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Blessed be God forever
nospam001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nospam001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

Originally posted by nospam001 nospam001 wrote:

In the Arabic text, was there a different word for Allah(), one which always gets mistranslated into English as plain old "just"?
Assalam alaik nospam,

Not sure I understand the question.

By looking only at English translations, am I missing a crucial difference in meaning which would have been obvious in Arabic, even to a non-believer? In other words, why do English translations of Islamic texts use the word "just" when describing Allah(), given that it is meaningless to do so?

I'm wondering whether the original source documents actually used an entirely different word in Arabic, a word whose common everyday usage is not so loaded with inappropriate meanings that are bound to deceive the unsuspecting reader. That way, any confusion that may arise would be the fault of the translators and not the author.

God has the right to remain silent. For His advocates, however, each resigned shrug is a missed opportunity to win new converts.
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2013 at 3:32pm

Let's face it after Muhammad died so did his leadership.Salaam,Caringheart

Hasbun Allah Wa Ni'mal Wakeel
الله
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 21>
  Share Topic