IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Islamic Market Place (Bazar/Souk) > Religious
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How Many Muslims Read The Holy Quran?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How Many Muslims Read The Holy Quran?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anisafatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Many Muslims Read The Holy Quran?
    Posted: 08 January 2013 at 4:27am
Assalam-u-Alikum, this is my First Sharing in this forum,,, Insh-Allah i will try my level best to keep on sharing good islamic articles,,

All Muslims believe in the Holy Quran. It is a source of true guidance and also provides the right direction for all the humanity.
Facts about Holy Quran:
� The language of this Holy Book is Arabic and it contains the literal words of Almighty Allah, that were reveled to Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H) through the angel Gabriel over a period of almost twenty-three years.
� The meaning of word Quran is �recitation�, while Tajweed is the Arabic word for elocution.
� It contains a set of rules that tell about the ethics and code for spending life in a peaceful manner.
Often a question is raised, how much Muslims read Holy Quran. Almost 90% of all the Muslim are non-Arabs, and a general perception is that they read the translated version of Quran. However, this in not very true. Nowadays, because of the availability of internet, you can easily learn Quran from a professional Online Quran Tutor. But the fact is that there are very less Muslims who read the Holy Quran with translation. Most of these Muslims read and recite Quran for just getting reward from reciting the Arabic language.

The important point to keep in mind is that most people listen to Quran in a way like they are listening to music in the car or in the home. However, there are certain ethics that you must follow during the recitation of Quran. Recitation of Holy Quran must be done in a beautiful manner. Now if there is a question about how many Muslim recite Holy Quran everyday, then there would not be a satisfactory answer to this question. The truth is that there are only few Muslims who spend their best time of day in the recitation of Holy Quran.
Assalam-u-Alikum, this is my First Sharing in this forum,,, Insh-Allah i will try my level best to keep on sharing good islamic articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic